It’s that time of year again! It’s Fwoosh Top Ten voting season!
We’re dropping this a little bit earlier than normal this year, but from the current posts and the feel of the forum, it’s pretty obvious you guys are ready for this to start. We like to do this fresh off the heels of another awesome batch of reveals at San Diego Comic Con, so folks can see what’s coming and really nail down what they want to see coming in the future to fill out their Legends collections. So it’s time to let your voices be heard and tell us what you really want!
It’s been another great year for Legends as Hasbro pumped out at least six different waves of figures this year. Plus a Guardians of the Galaxy comic themed box set, a Classic First Appearance X-Men set, and the usual SDCC exclusive box set. Four different three packs were released, or will soon see release, since San Diego last year. That’s a helluva lot of figures and may possibly have been my personal favorite year for Legends. So many great figures finally landed in my collection. X-characters! Avengers! Spider-Man allies and villains! Even some great movie figures! Longtime wants like Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man 2099, Scarlett Witch, Spider Woman, a more classic Hawkeye, and, finally, a really perfect Daredevil! So much great stuff but the real topper is that it seems no character is off limits to Hasbro and the ML team. I think figures of characters like Machine Man, Misty Knight, and Batroc may have proved that.
With the recently released Grim Reaper figure, Hasbro has once again upped their game and added an all new base body to work with. Something in between the Hyperion and Bucky builds. We saw them put it right to good use to with the Classic Cap they showed off at San Diego Comic Con last week. It also appears that the Mockingbird shown is also an all-new female body. So it really looks like any and all body types are in play now.
Now that SDCC 2015 is all over and we got a good look at the great figures of characters we’ll be seeing next year, this is what we want to know: who are the ten characters plus one build-a-figure you want be given the Legends treatment?
That said, there are, of course, some rules.
1. You must be a registered member of TheFwoosh.com to vote.
2. Only one vote per person. We have multiple ways to identify duplicate votes, so don’t try to vote under a different name. You may edit your vote as many times as you want until the voting has closed.
3. You are voting for ten characters and ONE build a figure you want to be made into 6-inch scale Marvel Legends action figures. Keep in mind that any character whose figure would be bigger than Hyperion will probably end up a BAF. If you want a smaller BAF like Rocket Racoon or Jubilee, that’s completely fine too.
They can be redos of characters we already have, but requesting very specific or one off looks may get them merged into the main character category. You can even vote for a character whose figure has been revealed, but has never been released.
4. Post your votes in the following format. This is absolutely critical:
Ms. Marvel [Kamala Khan]
Old Man Logan
Kitty Pryde [Modern]
Feel free to copy and paste the list above and then change the characters to your picks.
5. NO numbers. Your votes must be spaced one name per line, not sentence format. We feed this into a computer program and it’s very important for those of us counting these up that it’s in this format. The order in which you list the characters is not important!
6. Check your spelling. As we said, we are feeding this into a computer program, and it’s important all characters have their names spelled correctly. It also helps if we all go by the same names. For example, if someone put Hawkeye down in their vote and meant it to be the Kate Bishop version, and then someone else put down Kate Bishop in another vote, it will be counted as different characters. So please try to be consistent and use the same names.
7. We can’t normalize versions of characters without a lot of extra work. For instance, “Classic Kitty Pryde” is going to have difficulty being counted. When we tabulate the votes, we will do our best to separate designs and costumes because it gives us a sense of what designs are popular, but we can’t guarantee that every look will be counted. Some costume differences are very minute, or if you’re not specific it may get lost in the votes for a different look. So if you see someone before you post a version of a character you want too, use the same name for it [modern,classic,etc.] they did. Just be sure that you list the character’s name first, and note the version in brackets, like this:
Kitty Pryde [Modern]
And try to keep it brief. No need to specify issues or storylines.
8. No “talking” in the voting thread. This thread is for voting only. If you want to talk about the vote, post in the vote discussion thread, listed below. The voting thread is only for data collection, and should have nothing in there except votes.
9. No voting for the same character more than once. This goes for variations of the same character. For example, you can’t vote for Emma Frost in four different costumes, as this would skew the vote.
10. If you don’t follow the rules, your vote won’t be counted and that can definitely alter the outcome of the poll.
As a reference, the following characters have been revealed by Hasbro :
Jack O lantern
Ben Reily Spider Man
So what are you waiting for? Add your top ten list in the comments section below and then head on over to the forums to discuss who you voted for in the official discussion thread, why you did, and why everyone else’s list is wrong!