CustomCon 30 – Winter 2011
The staff at AFP and the Fwoosh are pleased to announce that we will be the host for CustomCon 30. This edition of CustomCon will be held this Winter, in addition to the CustomCon events held in the Spring and Fall.
What is CustomCon?
CustomCon is a special presentation of new custom toy creations by customizers around the globe. Ten years in the running, it’s still going strong. Inspired by the presentations of new product by legitimate manufacturers at Toy Fair and other trade shows, CustomCon is a “fake” convention, whereby customizers present their latest creations and recipes as if unveiling a new line of real toys to retailers. It’s always a lot of fun, for both the viewers and the participants.
If this is your first exposure to a CustomCon, click here to see what’s been offered over the past 29 CustomCons.
CustomCon 30 will run from December 12 to 16, 2011.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, November 30, 2011. No entries will be accepted after this date.
So how can you participate? The key is to make several custom action figures that would be in the same toy line, and send in photos of them. You could make your own new wave of DC Universe Classics figures (a current series), a new wave of Star Trek figures (a previous series). You can also make a line of Super-Duper Creep Busting figures! (That would be your own unique line.) You could make figures based on characters from Comics, Movies, TV Shows, Books, Sports, Sci-Fi… The sky’s the limit!
- Just make sure each group of figures shares a common theme. You should come up with a name for your line of figures if it’s an original line, and give some sort of description of the action figure line.
- Custom packaging is, of course, an option, but it is certainly not required.
- If possible, we would ask that you photograph the figures so that it looks like they are on display at a convention. If you have custom packaging, it’s best to have pictures both loose and in the packages.
- There’s no limit on how few customs you have to submit for a line. 4 or more would be appreciated, but any number is fine. So, YES if you only have 1 or 2 good figures, send them in!
- The whole point of CustomCon is to show off your NEW custom creations, so please, no entries of pieces previously seen on websites, forums or in any sort of public gallery.
Ready to submit your entry?
Send your submissions to [email protected]. Please e-mail the following:
- Your first and last name, or just the nickname you go by online. Your preference.
- Your email address.
- Your custom figure website address, if you have one.
- The name of your figure line.
- Any custom logos you wish to use for your toyline. (OPTIONAL)
- Pictures of your figures. JPGs are preferred, with a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. Please note, displayed images may be reduced in size. Please make sure your images are ATTACHED to the email, NOT embedded. Remember to name your image files appropriately. You may know every Justice Leaguer ever created by sight, but we might not.
- A description of what they were made from (your toy recipe). Describe what figures you used to make your custom. Please type, or “copy & paste” this into an e-mail.
- A Description of the action figure line (convention write-up report).
- Write up your own “Press Release” or “Toy Show Commentary” to describe your toyline. Please type, or “copy & paste” this into an e-mail.