Your Home for Toy News and Action Figure Discussion!

Notifications
Clear all

NECA TMNT Movie Line

Page 6 / 6

(@xavion2023)

I know nothing about TMNT figures, but I was wanting to pick up a set of four because, well…what action figure collection is complete without a set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?  They’re pop culture icons.

I saw a NECA Raphael and Michelangelo two-pack at Wal-Mart this afternoon that was exactly what I was looking for.   From what I’ve been able to gather, they are based on the 1990’s movie, they were first released as a 2018 SDCC exclusive four pack, then subsequently reissued as Wal-Mart two packs.

What I don’t get is that they only show on Walmart’s website as being available from third party sellers for over $100, and on eBay, they run from $70 to $100 plus shipping.   So was it a fluke that my local Walmart had these for $60, or are they still pretty easy to find?  I’m going to hit up a couple more Walmarts tomorrow and see if I can find Leonardo and Donatello.

ReplyQuote
(@salemcrow)

It was a fluke that the store actually had turtles in stock. It's generally a Splinter/Shredder 2 pack, or maybe a first movie 2 pack of Foot Ninjas that are on the shelves, IF ANYTHING. 

The store I work at got in 2 sets of the TMNT3 samurai turtles and SOTO Foot ninjas, which took a couple weeks to sell, but is back down to almost a dozen sets of the rat/cheese grater figures again.

ReplyQuote
(@xavion2023)

Yep, it’s looking like a total fluke.  I hit up a few Walmarts on the way into work and saw exactly what you said I would see.  Between that and the fact that I can’t see the remaining stock at my local store on Walmart’s website or BrickSeek leads me to believe that a case just got buried in the stockroom or at the DC.  

At least I got Rafael and Michelangelo for retail price.  It will probably cost me a c-note after sales tax and shipping to pick up Leonardo and Donatello on eBay.

ReplyQuote
tmntfanatic
(@tmntfanatic)

About 2 weeks ago l, a Walmart I frequently go to that I usually find stuff at had 10 of the first movie Raph and Mikey 2 Packs. 2 weeks later, there's only 1 left so it's still a hot item lol

After acquiring Spirit of Splinter in a trade and getting Danny off eBay, I'm all caught up on the movie non 1/4 scale...I don't collect the 1/4 scale ones. Also just waiting on the Professor Perry 2 Pack.

ReplyQuote
Andru
(@andru)
Topic starter  

Yeah, there is no real rhyme or reason on these...

I also had a "re-stock" of the first movie turtle 2 packs, but they all sold pretty quickly.

ReplyQuote
Nothing
(@nothing)

Posted by: @salemcrow

It was a fluke that the store actually had turtles in stock. It's generally a Splinter/Shredder 2 pack, or maybe a first movie 2 pack of Foot Ninjas that are on the shelves, IF ANYTHING. 

The store I work at got in 2 sets of the TMNT3 samurai turtles and SOTO Foot ninjas, which took a couple weeks to sell, but is back down to almost a dozen sets of the rat/cheese grater figures again.

Yep.  That is my experience as well.   Though I did spot the TMNT 3 Raph and Donnie 2-pack last week, visited several stores after that, and had some new sightings.  On the fourth try I finally found Leo and Mikey today.  And at another store last week I actually saw one Keno and Foot Soldier pack.  But I didn't buy it bc it was all beat up. The last two stores I visited each had 4+ TMNT1 foot soldier two-packs.  So found a ton of those. 

I wasn't sure if I wanted (to pay $120 for 😓 ) the movie #3 turtles but I just couldn't let them sit there.  Now I have the full month to decide. 

You leave these things on the shelf once and then you never see them again. 

ReplyQuote
souled4
(@souled4)
Loser

Got a shipping notice from NECA for Professor Perry. Looking forward to him! 😀 

ReplyQuote
(@tenime)

As I texted Misfit, I realized with this latest "shipping soon" e-mail that I won't get my Perry 2-pack until the Mirage 4-pack ships...in f***ing JUNE. *SIIIIIGGGGHHHHH*

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share: