Thor: Love and Thunder wave (2022)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Thor: Love and Thunder wave (2022)

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:49 am

TFitz wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:30 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:21 am
TFitz wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:15 am
I predict a 7 figure, all movie figure wave, with the BAF being comic Magog just to [email protected]#$ us again. They're getting pretty good at that with the BAF's.
In which case, MCU collectors need to start the "sponsor a comic collector" program. Please help those in need of BAFs.
Yeah, this is one part I'm done with not bitching about.

**incoming minor rant**

Mr. Hyde had ZERO new comic figs to go with the BAF. Just an Iron Man repaint.

Armadillo has just 2 new figures with it.

Prices are going up on these and frankly, I'm getting tired of spending $90-$120 just for the BAF. It seems to me the MCU has a ton of collectors, just as the comic figures do. Hasbro needs to stop pissing off their fanbase and keep the lines separate. It's an absolute win for their fanbase. You can collect either or both of the lines you love.
Preaching to the choir. The Eternals wave is easily my favorite wave this year. Primarily for how complete I feel they did the movie, and all these films are becoming more team based and less like true solos. There is just more value in a wave like Eternals for me than something like the new Spider-Man wave. Which is a wave I have very little excitement for.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:40 am

TFitz wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:30 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:21 am
TFitz wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:15 am
I predict a 7 figure, all movie figure wave, with the BAF being comic Magog just to [email protected]#$ us again. They're getting pretty good at that with the BAF's.
In which case, MCU collectors need to start the "sponsor a comic collector" program. Please help those in need of BAFs.
Yeah, this is one part I'm done with not bitching about.

**incoming minor rant**

Mr. Hyde had ZERO new comic figs to go with the BAF. Just an Iron Man repaint.
I was very proud of myself when I was able to convince myself that this was not the Hyde I wanted and that maybe they'd do a more classic one down the line, thus enabling a total skip of that wave.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:41 am

Hasbro isn't trying to sell comic based figures to comic based collectors. They're trying to sell MCU Figures to comic Collectors. I agree that the Comic BaFs with MCU Figures sucks for us, but the formula is working exactly the way Hasbro intends for it to work.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 am

Stark Resilient wrote:Hasbro isn't trying to sell comic based figures to comic based collectors. They're trying to sell MCU Figures to comic Collectors. I agree that the Comic BaFs with MCU Figures sucks for us, but the formula is working exactly the way Hasbro intends for it to work.
Yup. Its also successfully gotten mcu fans into comic characters.

As much as it sucks, its smart buisness and works incredibly well

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:45 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Hasbro isn't trying to sell comic based figures to comic based collectors. They're trying to sell MCU Figures to comic Collectors. I agree that the Comic BaFs with MCU Figures sucks for us, but the formula is working exactly the way Hasbro intends for it to work.
Sadly, yes. But only for now. As the figures edge closer and closer to costing $30, I'm not sure how long it can hold. Then again, we're nerds. We b!$ch and then pony up anyways.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:49 am

e-rock wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:28 am
Yeah I could see that. Even the all movie figure wave for Endgame still had two guys from other movies...
True, but I also forgot about Zeus. I bet he ends up an exclusive somewhere.

Really hope this ends up all MCU. There will be a ton of figure worthy characters in this.
Also keep in mind just because a character is rumored to be in a film, doesnt mean they play a large part, at least not a large enough part to get a figure on the first themed outing.

Id honestly be shocked if we got zeus anytime soon... and I have to wonder if he's in the film just to be a casualty of the God butcher.

Hell, we just now got Odin this year and haven't even gotten a Frigga yet.

Id say Gorr, Thor, and Jane Foster are a sure thing, if Beta Ray ends up in the film, we will see him too. But we will be lucky to have anyone beyond that. Maybe a new Val too, but like others have said, her endgame figure will be hard to beat

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:29 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:49 am
Also keep in mind just because a character is rumored to be in a film, doesnt mean they play a large part, at least not a large enough part to get a figure on the first themed outing.
Of course, that's why so many of us have such robust wishlists based on past movies. But I also don't expect Zeus, nor am I anticipating the movie making me want a figure of him. But I know there will likely be a good handful of characters in the movie I do want, and I hope to get them in time.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:26 am

I hope the wave is all MCU, the movies have become so big that they really need dedicated waves.

I'm gonna be really pissed if we don't get an unmasked Jane....
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:46 am

Trying to avoid spoilers, but on the GOTG front: I don't expect them to be allowed in a Thor wave.

Look back at Endgame: not a single GOTG main character was released in the mainline. Nebula was a pack-in head and Rocket got a crappy Quantum Suit basic fig - and they each got one 12" Titan figure. And that's despite their inclusion being known ahead of time, and their costumes - especially Nebula's - already shown.

This could have been for spoiler reasons, or it could have been licensing restrictions. The only ML released for Infinity War was Teen Groot/Rocket packed with Thor. And with GOTG missing from most merchandise lately - no Endgame figures, no Infinity Saga additions - I'm thinking Hasbro can't at the moment and won't until GOTGv3.

But who knows. We did just get Fabulous Bouffant Nebula.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:43 am

Akatsuki wrote:I wonder what MCU Gorr will be like considering MCU Hela stole most of his power set and his sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw what purported to be set pics of him a while back - looked a bit like Death out of the Bill and Ted movie but in white robes. Definitely less alien looking, though there may yet be some CGI enhancement.

e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:29 am

I would say odds of getting Zeus are pretty good. The Odin comparison is off cause the first Thor got 1 movie based figure from a Walmart Exclusive set and TDW had no 6in figure line. I bet he would have been done earlier if the current Legends format for movie figures was in tact. Further, he is played by Russell Crowe. I can see him being a desirable exclusive for that reason.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:26 pm

cmoney wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
Sadly, yes. But only for now. As the figures edge closer and closer to costing $30, I'm not sure how long it can hold. Then again, we're nerds. We b!$ch and then pony up anyways.
Yeah we all complained when the price went to $15.. then again to $20... Then again to $22... Yet here we all are.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Rob W wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:43 am
Akatsuki wrote:I wonder what MCU Gorr will be like considering MCU Hela stole most of his power set and his sword.

I saw what purported to be set pics of him a while back - looked a bit like Death out of the Bill and Ted movie but in white robes. Definitely less alien looking, though there may yet be some CGI enhancement.

I would amend that to definitely on the CG.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:15 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
cmoney wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
Yeah we all complained when the price went to $15.. then again to $20... Then again to $22... Yet here we all are.

Remember the ToyBiz era when they were like, $8.99?
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:49 pm

CTVampSlayer wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:15 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
cmoney wrote:

Remember the ToyBiz era when they were like, $8.99?
Remember when oil was dirt cheap?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”