Tigra on the prowl, but where?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Tigra on the prowl, but where?

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:06 am

I too like the figure better after seeing the pics on the DS preorder page. It looks like the teeth *may* be sculpted on in those pics. Shes still too orange, but, at least in those pics, the knees and elbows look to be closer to the rest of the body color wise, and the heads both look better. *If* she stays like that for final release I'll consider her an upgrade instead of a side grade. And although shes still too orange, I am more inclined to preorder her now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dorksidetoys
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:23 am

StjJames wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:47 pm
dorksidetoys wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:54 pm
Left Field wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:55 pm

That is exactly what happened! Not good actually.

This issue should be resolved now. If anyone encounters it please PM me. We were running a script on our checkout that empties the cart after a short period of time, obviously it's not working as it should so I just had it removed.
Dorkside, do you have any idea when you can expect these preorder items to arrive?
Hasbro told us last week to change the on shelf date to February. I wouldn't be surprised if they arrived earlier, but they've told us several times now in the last month, that they are experiencing lots of shipping delays. I think it's a situation where they are trying to manage people's expectations.

I know we've gotten very little new product from them the in the last 30 days.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 am

Akatsuki wrote:
psylocke wrote:So excited for Tigra!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome shot and customs!

Yeah, I am psyched to get an update of Tigra!

Thank you!!

psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:08 am

GrumpyMatt wrote:
psylocke wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:17 pm
So excited for Tigra!!

Wow, that is great.

If you have white Vision in there, you could add USAgent to the mix.
Thank you! Yes, white Vision is in the pic. Lol, blending in apparently.

H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:42 am

Re: Starfox. She-Hulk took a case defending Eros from a married woman he slept with using his euphoria powers. During the course of the trial she reflected on their time together on the Avengers and realized their tryst might not have been as consensual as she thought it was.

And she went full Hulk mode on him for it.

Later in the run we learn that Starfox did not use his powers on She-Hulk in order to sleep with her, and that also somehow maybe Thanos was responsible for anything bad he had ever done with them? I don't remember that part as well. Anyhow, I'd still like a Starfox figure to round out that era of Avengers despite the skeevy implications of his abilities.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:10 pm

I could definitely use fuller hair on Tigra - I’m wondering I could use Arcade’s long hair to bump it up a bit, or do a straight swap with one of the MJ/Phoenix hairdos.

psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Rob W wrote:I could definitely use fuller hair on Tigra - I’m wondering I could use Arcade’s long hair to bump it up a bit, or do a straight swap with one of the MJ/Phoenix hairdos.

I think Storm’s hair could work or even the Jean hair I used on my Scarlet Witch.

Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 pm

Tigra pre-orders are sold out on Pulse. So is Herc.
Bring on more Avengers!!
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 pm

I've noticed Herc and Tigra have two things in common, aside from their release method: they are wearing very little clothes.

So, if these releases are Hasbro's way to get out the World's Skimpiest, wouldn't it stand to reason Moondragon might be next? What other Avenger wears very, very little to battle?
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 pm

JPC wrote:I've noticed Herc and Tigra have two things in common, aside from their release method: they are wearing very little clothes.

So, if these releases are Hasbro's way to get out the World's Skimpiest, wouldn't it stand to reason Moondragon might be next? What other Avenger wears very, very little to battle?
If they can put out Hercules in a banana hammock then they can give us Moondragon.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:27 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:48 am
I haven't read much of that Avengers era.
Early 80s Marvel (in general) was absolutely terrible. This is when the creative talent started having more leverage and more options to do their pet projects. Direct sales (comic book stores), independents, graphic novels, and the mini-series were all in their infancy but quickly becoming a “thing”, and the mainstream monthly books really suffered for it. I quit collecting around 82, sold off my collection near the end of 84, and didn’t really get back into it again until around 96 or 97.
MollyMillions
CROM!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:15 am

Two things.

I am far younger than you, so don't have the context in full.

And also, while I know that everyone’s formative era is their favourite, mid-80s Marvel is beyond classic.

I'm intrigued by your post. You quit before Miller’s DD, Secret Wars, Byrne’s FF, post Byrne-X-Men, and all of that. And came back circa Deadpool and Zero Tolerance?

Even as someone who had to backcatalog it or live vicariously via Wizard, that fascinates me.

Could you explain more about why all the things you listed (minis, OGNs, direct sales, etc are negatives in your eyes?
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:47 am

JPC wrote:
I've noticed Herc and Tigra have two things in common, aside from their release method: they are wearing very little clothes.

Conan
Dinah Soar
Namor (sometimes)
Beast
Man-Thing
The Thing
Manphibian
Martinex
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:00 am

DetectiveHoag wrote:
JPC wrote:

Conan
Dinah Soar
Namor (sometimes)
Beast
Man-Thing
The Thing
Manphibian
Martinex
This version of Sue kinda fits the criteria. :lol: Plus she was an Avenger (for a hot minute).

Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:20 am

Beamish wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:00 am
DetectiveHoag wrote:
JPC wrote:

Conan
Dinah Soar
Namor (sometimes)
Beast
Man-Thing
The Thing
Manphibian
Martinex
This version of Sue kinda fits the criteria. :lol: Plus she was an Avenger (for a hot minute).

If Hasbro made that figure of Sue :drool: with all the proper curves... I could stop buying figures and never regret it.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”