McFarlane Avatar and Korra Toyline.

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Avatar and Korra Toyline.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:29 pm

That Komono Rhino is sweet, i'll have to grab one, will def grab a second if I find him on sale. I still haven't gotten Appa, so this will be a good opportunity...

I also haven't started the 7" line but really like all three of these. Tbh I like the old head for Avatar Aang more, I might grab that off amazon sometime.

Blue Spirit is cool, i'm hype for him. Another 5" Aang? I won't complain, I can setup several scenes.

I've gotten quite a few from the DS line, but is that dead now? I noticed bst has an exclusive Aang and Sokka with warpaint.... and tbh bst are my favourite Avatar figures out so far. I'm honestly glad we have so many options.
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:31 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:48 am
Noticed some new things for the 5" line. More pics in the 2 links at the bottom.
https://www.amazon.ca/Avatar-TLAB-Combo ... C98&sr=1-2
https://www.amazon.ca/Avatar-TLAB-Creat ... C98&sr=1-1
Thanks for posting this! I was able to order both for my son. He will be thrilled. But honestly I love this toy line too.

I’m glad I skipped Avatar aang the first time around as it makes the 2 pack easier to swallow. Also the price on Amazon.ca is just $23 when the regular single figures are $15 or so. So the price is good.

Here’s hoping this means the line is doing well and wave 3 will be revealed soon. I’d love to see anyone really. I just want to keep adding to the universe.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:34 am

EICzerofour wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:29 pm
I've gotten quite a few from the DS line, but is that dead now?
No dst are still making them, they’ve announced their own blue spirit and uncle iroh.
Though they’re taking their time releasing them just like mcfarlane.

So we have mcfarlane, Bst axn and dst making avatar figures in different scales.
lightsyder
Customized

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:15 am

Anyone have comparison pics of the BST figures and 5" McFarlane?
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:30 am

Man, that Blue Spirit is not even gonna get 45 degrees in that elbow joint.
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:03 am

Iroh looks so good. And I could always use another Blue Spirit. I need to finish my Korra watchthrough I started last year and rewatch atla again. I love these shows. And comics and the Kioshi books rock, I want toys from those.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:52 am

I always feel bad talking shit about Diamond Select with MS Word lurking the DST threads, but goddamn, they can put out some hot garbage. I don't know how the same company that makes some truly excellent Marvel Select figures can produce just about everything else in their portfolio. Some of it is bad.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:36 pm

lightsyder wrote:

I did in that thread:

TENIME_art wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:13 pm
Dangit, closed the tab and lost my post in progress...

They only duplicated one head, but none are compatible due to neck ball sizes. Would need major modification.

(Also, noticed when pulling the old figures out to compare to the new ones that McF Glider Aang is not a straight duplicate of single carded, like I initially thought!
Spoiler! :

I like that she has her fingerless gloves, but only on the effects-compatible hands, lol. I LOVE that she has her water pouch. One of the ends of the long swoosh looks like it's supposed to plug into SOMEwhere, but I can't find a hole anywhere on the figure, hands, or pouch for it.

Broke a ring on Zuko, but because the forearm has a peg, it'll be an easy fix (though, shouldn't have to).

The swords are flat on one side, which is awesome:

The sheath is a little tight though, and I couldn't comfortably get them all the way in, and didn't want to, just to keep them safe. The fire effects have holes inside them for his casting fingers, which is AWESOME.

This line definitely owns in terms of extras, especially bending effects. And yes, way more articulation, but the plastic quality is vastly inferior, which makes some of them work less than McF's limited ones.

I'm still happy that I have options for TLA figures (still haven't really felt any of the DST ones, though, so no comparisons there).

Jammed Zuko's fists into the BSTAXN's fire effects. Have not yet fixed Sokka's harness, lol.

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:10 pm
Definitely hope they keep going with the 5"!

(BSTAXN Momo, fire for Zuko, and canteen & water for Katara, 7" McF airbubble)

EDIT: Aaaaaaand I see I put Sokka's harness on wrong lol
lightsyder
Customized

Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:55 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:36 pm
lightsyder wrote:

I did in that thread:

TENIME_art wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:13 pm
Dangit, closed the tab and lost my post in progress...

They only duplicated one head, but none are compatible due to neck ball sizes. Would need major modification.

(Also, noticed when pulling the old figures out to compare to the new ones that McF Glider Aang is not a straight duplicate of single carded, like I initially thought!
Spoiler! :

I like that she has her fingerless gloves, but only on the effects-compatible hands, lol. I LOVE that she has her water pouch. One of the ends of the long swoosh looks like it's supposed to plug into SOMEwhere, but I can't find a hole anywhere on the figure, hands, or pouch for it.

Broke a ring on Zuko, but because the forearm has a peg, it'll be an easy fix (though, shouldn't have to).

The swords are flat on one side, which is awesome:

The sheath is a little tight though, and I couldn't comfortably get them all the way in, and didn't want to, just to keep them safe. The fire effects have holes inside them for his casting fingers, which is AWESOME.

This line definitely owns in terms of extras, especially bending effects. And yes, way more articulation, but the plastic quality is vastly inferior, which makes some of them work less than McF's limited ones.

I'm still happy that I have options for TLA figures (still haven't really felt any of the DST ones, though, so no comparisons there).

Jammed Zuko's fists into the BSTAXN's fire effects. Have not yet fixed Sokka's harness, lol.

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:10 pm
Definitely hope they keep going with the 5"!

(BSTAXN Momo, fire for Zuko, and canteen & water for Katara, 7" McF airbubble)

EDIT: Aaaaaaand I see I put Sokka's harness on wrong lol
Thanks! Great comparison pics. That one Aang seems to have no neck...lol..

Which ones do you prefer?
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:11 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:I always feel bad talking shit about Diamond Select with MS Word lurking the DST threads, but goddamn, they can put out some hot garbage. I don't know how the same company that makes some truly excellent Marvel Select figures can produce just about everything else in their portfolio. Some of it is bad.
I gave up on the DST line because toph just looked wrong. Mcfarlane has done a better job so far and while I’m frustrated with the slow moving 7” line, I still think mcfarlane has the potential to get more characters done. I might be stuck with the 5” line for that so I’m glad I started picking those up even though it’s not a scale I collect at all.

Also with the DST line, man those element effects in the first series are just the most ridiculous things to try and use. They’re too heavy. They don’t hold on to the figures where they’re supposed to very well. Very weird shapes too. Those figures will disappear from my shelf when mcfarlane gets a bit further. But I’ve passed on getting the rest of the DST for even half off several times now. Looks like they’re cutting back on the articulation anyhow. I seriously thought those two pictured above were for the 5” mcfarlane line because Iroh looks like a paint variant. The t-crotch zuko was the giveaway it was DST and that is not a favorite piece of articulation.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:01 pm

lightsyder wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:55 pm
Thanks! Great comparison pics. That one Aang seems to have no neck...lol..

Which ones do you prefer?
Yeah, that was the first BSTAXN, lol.

McFarlane, definitely. Cheaper & better sculpt/paint. I just wish they had the same accessories/articulation as the BSTAXN.
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:39 am

Here is a pic I did of all my Aang figures. I love all the lines differently, but if I had to rank:
1. Loyal Subjects
2. McFarlane 5"
3. McFarlane 7"
4. Diamond Select

None are terrible, all have pros and cons (that first TLS Aang is awful bc of the rubber poncho.) but it is still my favourite of the four lines.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:44 am

I think that the 5" line stopped being exclusive to Walmart, because they've begun showing up at Amazon for MSRP. was finally able to get Iroh and finish off the collection...
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:45 am

I know there was talk of finding effects for these figures, and I think I might have found some.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search? ... +model+kit

I currently have the water effect set on it's way for Katara, so I'll see what I think of that, and possibly grab the wind for Aang.

I have some electric effects kits and I like those, so I'm hopeful for these.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:07 pm

This is a really cool set: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avatar-The-L ... /862150001

Beautiful packaging.

Haven't opened any of my DST figs, but I really don't like their choice of outfit for Iroh and so I'm tempted to swap over. I see that Sokka is coming soon but if they announce Azula I might just swap...

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”