Wave Eternals

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Wave Eternals

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:02 pm

For anyone bothered my Makkari's incorrect hair, I have 1/3 of a solution. :)

I was finally working on my Buffy Kendra custom figure but wasn't that excited since I had no good solution for her ponytail. Then I realized - Makkari and Kendra have each other's hairstyle!

Pop pop - both are WAY more accurate! Makkari is still missing two braids, but the silhouette is better, and Kendra is so good! So if you happen to still have this figure from 2007 lying around this is an easy fix!

CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 pm

Wow, that really does work for both characters. Good thinking! I have a spare Kendra braid I was keeping as fodder for a potential 616 Shuri custom unmasked head but this is a better idea.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:49 am

For anyone who is still waiting on a preorder for AJak with Walmart (I never bothered looking in person), just got shipping notice and she should be here tomorrow. Nice to have the whole gang together.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:47 pm

Same. Walmart shipping info through FEDEX for Ajak.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:49 pm

Eternals is out today on Disney +

Still hoping for a Hasbro Starfox
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:30 pm

Thanks for the headsup! I'll have to re-watch it.

I see stacks of Ajak at Walmart all the time. I'm waiting for them to drop to 10 bux since I don't collect MCU, but at that price they are really nice figures.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:39 pm

hunnipot85 wrote:

Finally watched it on streaming yesterday.

It makes sense why it was received the way it was.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:51 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:39 pm
hunnipot85 wrote:

Finally watched it on streaming yesterday.

It makes sense why it was received the way it was.
So you really have just been running the Eternals hate train for the past few months solo, without actually SEEING the film.

Incredible.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:57 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:

So you really have just been running the Eternals hate train for the past few months solo, without actually SEEING the film.

Incredible.

Not the 'hate train.' Just keeping it real and objective.

It was obvious how the film would perform and it's lack of appeal, based off Cinemascore, RT and other early metrics.

It ended up at 400M Worldwide as a final box office. It cost 200M. It needed a 2.5x multiplier to just break even, and that didn't happen.

It didn't have good WOM and legs.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 am

I personally don't leave my house without good WOM.

And I take my legs with me everywhere.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:12 am

K_Steel wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:57 pm
RoyalCollector wrote:

Incredible.

Not the 'hate train.' Just keeping it real and objective.

It was obvious how the film would perform and it's lack of appeal, based off Cinemascore, RT and other early metrics.

It ended up at 400M Worldwide as a final box office. It cost 200M. It needed a 2.5x multiplier to just break even, and that didn't happen.

It didn't have good WOM and legs.
If we're keeping it "real and objective", maybe don't disclose to people that ,the movie you've spent the better part of three months shit talking with third parties opinions and your own success calculation, you've only just seen a day ago.

I feel like it wouldn't have just wiped away any semblance of credibility you had, y'know?
Demjot
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:24 am

(This movie has been out a while now so I'm not sure if spoiler tags are required, but uh spoilers)

I finally watched the movie now that it's on Disney+, it was a lot better than I thought it would be, though the pacing was a bit off. Probably could have benefitted from a more chronological plot I think, and investing slightly less in a few specific characters, and more into them as a "family" to make the "twist" more impactful. I wish the marketing had showed more celestial stuff honestly, would have gotten me to see it in theatres. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw pip the troll in the post credit scene, I guess it makes a lot of sense for Eros and Thanos to be Eternals in their MCU versions. Really looking forward to the ebony blade follow-up too! Solid B to B+ marvel movie, felt fresh.

Kind of makes me really want some comic book eternals, I'd love a box-set or something.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:36 am

RoyalCollector wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:12 am

If we're keeping it "real and objective", maybe don't disclose to people that ,the movie you've spent the better part of three months shit talking with third parties opinions and your own success calculation, you've only just seen a day ago.

I feel like it wouldn't have just wiped away any semblance of credibility you had, y'know?

The results of Eternals' poor reception (as evidenced by it flopping at the box office) speak for my credibility in calling this outcome months ago.

It was obvious. Check out Box Office Theory and all the long-term projections posted by industry-respected business analysts, based on actual early metrics.

Whether I watched the movie or not is irrelevant to how it would perform and be received by the public at large.

I could enjoy the film, but still be aware that it would limited mainstream appeal and not be successful.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:42 am

Demjot wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:24 am

Kind of makes me really want some comic book eternals, I'd love a box-set or something.
The most recent comic, the Never Die, Never Win run, is one of my favorite mainstream comics in the past few years. it made me really want comics versions of the characters to go with the film set. It's gorgeous in both art and word.

I don't mind mixing movie and comics figures in some displays, but i'd love the comics versions. If we can't get them to finish the Inhumans Royal Family though, I'm not holding out much hope.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:46 am

Just opened Ajak recently. She really is a beautiful figure. The metallic blue and gold on her suit looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”