Loki - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Loki - MCU Disney+ Series

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:17 pm

Spoiler! :
I also do wonder if her bombs may lead to episodes of What If...
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:19 am

The sacred timeline is time/reality being fettered/conquered. The fear of chaos is what the TVA warns. It’s not the reality. The antagonist is hero.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:27 pm

So I'm assuming that, with this new episode:
Spoiler! :
This series is gonna serve to be an Enchantress origin story along with Loki's story. Rather than being a completely separate character, MCU Enchantress is a female Loki variant who creates a new identity for herself once she learned about the existence of variants and the sacred timeline. Thus why she hates being called Loki and would rather be called Sylphy instead; The idea of being one of many versions of someone and the lack of identity that invokes doesn't sit right with her.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:56 pm

Well
Spoiler! :
I was pretty sure she said Sylvie, which means she could be Sylvie Lushton, the second enchantress who was a regular girl from oklahoma that loki turned into the enchantress as a weapon or whatever. I'd presume its more likely she was just this, a normal person given powers by a loki (hence the hatred) that made her a variant and got her ripped out of her life by the TVA and she's subsequently learned to control her powers and tried to take them down after realizing just what they were doing.

I really think she's just enchantress and not a loki variant at all, and was probably just using the horns and costume to make the TVA blame loki or assume its a loki variant and throw them off her trail more.

Subsequently i think this version of loki will be a way to maybe come to terms with who created her assuming what i am guessing is true and the loki that made her isn't around or didnt explain anything to her she may find some answers with this version.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 am

Ack…Brain Freeze!
Spoiler! :
The TVA are all variants! Accurate? Assumption? I wondered when they were just numbers. Mobius and jet skis may mean more than a fascination. It may be part of his pre TVA life.

Slyvie (sp?) appears to have a plan but it seemed to stall before the interference of Loki. So she was to Storm a TVA depleted due to her bombing of the sacred time line. What was she going to do? Get in gold elevator and push right floor then go stab the magic space lizards? It was awkward writing this episode to get us from last week’s cliffhanger to time between the variants on a dying planet.

I love the character stuff. Sylvie is interesting. Möbius is too. So more scenes with either I enjoy. But I have to admit, I don’t see how Sylvie managed to elude the TVA so much based on her actions in this episode. Sure she could slay them with ease but she took all those precautions and didn’t have one for her hide out on Lamentis? Clever name by the way.

I guess the magic and his warrior prowess could have taken Sylvie unaware. I just wonder where this warrior prowess was when TVA first apprehended Loki. Maybe the Hulk knocked it out of him.

I’m still not clear how something becomes a variant pursued by TVA. They don’t make a decision in line with what exactly? Loki became a variant because Avengers traveled in time and by circumstance Loki got the tesseract. What happens to make others choose a chose not supposed to be chosen? I wear the blue underwear instead of the red I had a feeling I should have? Variants seem like they are created when another alters the flow of time.

Or perhaps it’s just Kang’s scheme to conquer space and time by giving persons plucked from time fake missions so they continue to curb the flow of time into his perferred direction.
Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:19 am

Prophet924 wrote:Ack…Brain Freeze!
Spoiler! :
Prophet924 wrote: I’m still not clear how something becomes a variant pursued by TVA. They don’t make a decision in line with what exactly? Loki became a variant because Avengers traveled in time and by circumstance Loki got the tesseract. What happens to make others choose a chose not supposed to be chosen? I wear the blue underwear instead of the red I had a feeling I should have? Variants seem like they are created when another alters the flow of time.
I THINK the implication is that they basically kidnap people from divergent timelines before resetting, wipe their memories and make them obedient citizens of the TVA. So it's not that those people made a decision. It's that they had the fortune or misfortune, depending on your views, of living through an event where someone else altered time and they were 'rescued' from annihilation.
-MY- understanding is that once an event that changes history occurs, -everyone- in that branch of the timeline becomes a variant. The TVA only specifically hunts the variants that cause the time branching, because most variants are completely unaware and are simply wiped out with the reset. Therefore a 'variant' is actually anyone from a branch of the timeline that isn't the 'correct' timeline. This is an obvious set up to point out that the TVA, then, is committing a constant genocide by their actions.

Prophet924 wrote: But I have to admit, I don’t see how Sylvie managed to elude the TVA so much based on her actions in this episode. Sure she could slay them with ease but she took all those precautions and didn’t have one for her hide out on Lamentis?
Again, just my opinion, but I think we're supposed to take Sylvie as the quintessential 'single-minded general.' The kind of person that is REALLY good at making a plan. To the point where she actually would seem like an unstoppable super genius. The problem with that personality type is that if something does happen that's outside their planning - something they just couldn't have or didn't plan for - they just don't know how to cope because all of their strength is in stopping and taking a long period to make a plan. Without being given time to make a new plan, she's kind of lost. That seems to track really well with how she went from 'the most dangerous Loki variant' to 'kind of bumbling around and not sure what to do.'

scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:38 pm

Three episodes in. Three to go. I'm amazed that they have managed to fit so much in.....
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:02 pm

Man, what a blast! 3rd episode was a lot of fun! Best one yet. Hiddleson really is the man, such a pleasure to watch his performances.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:01 pm

Spoiler! :
Saw a theory that when Sylvie tried to enchant Loki at the beginning of the episode and failed, she actually didn't fail and from that point on is her "guiding" Loki through the episode.

She states, "I have to make physical contact (which she did) and then grab hold of their mind..... most are easy, I can overtake them instantly.... others, the stronger ones, it gets tricky. I'm in control but they're there too."

Also, fun speculation, when Sylvie says she's in a relationship for a long time with a postman, could that be Willie Lumpkin?
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:52 pm

If the above conjecture is true, that would be interesting, but it should have been revealed at the end of the episode. Tell a full story. That would explain a lot of the time-wasting crap that this last episode was.

But wasn't she in the TVA when she tried and powers don't work there?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:08 pm

sepster wrote:
Spoiler! :
Saw a theory that when Sylvie tried to enchant Loki at the beginning of the episode and failed, she actually didn't fail and from that point on is her "guiding" Loki through the episode.

She states, "I have to make physical contact (which she did) and then grab hold of their mind..... most are easy, I can overtake them instantly.... others, the stronger ones, it gets tricky. I'm in control but they're there too."

Also, fun speculation, when Sylvie says she's in a relationship for a long time with a postman, could that be Willie Lumpkin?
Spoiler! :
I saw a theory speculating the opposite was true. Loki is enchanting Sylvie and playing dumb to learn everything he can from her mind. He keeps setting up near escapes to bring them closer but also stripping her of hope so she will trust him more and he is her only option.

Assuming the credit scene on Thor is canon (and some credit scenes I'm never sure about since they seem like general hints at what is next rather than literal continuity), Loki can actually enchant people even without the mind stone.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:19 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:08 pm
sepster wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
I saw a theory speculating the opposite was true. Loki is enchanting Sylvie and playing dumb to learn everything he can from her mind. He keeps setting up near escapes to bring them closer but also stripping her of hope so she will trust him more and he is her only option.

Assuming the credit scene on Thor is canon (and some credit scenes I'm never sure about since they seem like general hints at what is next rather than literal continuity), Loki can actually enchant people even without the mind stone.

I think I'd like that option even more.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Spoiler! :
It plays off every Loki thinking they are the best, and she would be too smug to think he could do it to her.

It also is interesting if you play off the idea that Loki is always meant to lose, then who will triumph when it's Loki Vs Loki? Or I guess the loss is simply exponential, heh.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:42 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:29 pm
Spoiler! :
It plays off every Loki thinking they are the best, and she would be too smug to think he could do it to her.

It also is interesting if you play off the idea that Loki is always meant to lose, then who will triumph when it's Loki Vs Loki? Or I guess the loss is simply exponential, heh.
Spoiler! :
Also, Loki has spent the first 3 episodes seemingly over his head with his situation. It would be great to see that by the end of the series, he truly is the GOD of Lies and Mischief and has been much more in-control than we've been lead to believe.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:54 pm

Spoiler! :
Absolutely. It is HIS show after all, so by the end he's gotta have some sort of win.

Return to “The Multiplex”