Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:29 pm

pr1983 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:12 pm
Wave 2 shipping in August. Woo!
And wave 3 is before that?
hisdudeness9829
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:48 am

In Pixel Dan’s interview with Brian, Brian mentioned that wave 3 will be shipping in July, Wave 2 in August, and Wave 4 in October. Gonna be a busy rest of the year for Cats fans!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:41 am

hisdudeness9829 wrote:
In Pixel Dan’s interview with Brian, Brian mentioned that wave 3 will be shipping in July, Wave 2 in August, and Wave 4 in October. Gonna be a busy rest of the year for Cats fans!!!

If that really happens like he said, it's going to be so awesome, and I am so ready. And right along with the T-Cats, the TMNT Ultimates Wave 3 should be shipping soon. We could be getting piles of Ultimates at our doors very soon.
Lasastard
Customized

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:03 am

hisdudeness9829 wrote:

Shipping from the factory, that is (unless I am mistaken). So gotta add ~2 months on top of that until these are in the hands of customers (more if you didn't preorder directly from S7).
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:21 am

citysushi wrote:
pr1983 wrote:
Yes, because as Brian has said a few times, wave 2 was being made at a Mattel factory, but ALL other lines/waves were being done at a different factory. So once this backlog clears, it should be clear sailing of steady releases of the various lines every 3 months or so.
Lasastard
Customized

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:04 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:21 am
citysushi wrote:
pr1983 wrote:
Yes, because as Brian has said a few times, wave 2 was being made at a Mattel factory, but ALL other lines/waves were being done at a different factory. So once this backlog clears, it should be clear sailing of steady releases of the various lines every 3 months or so.
Depends what you mean by that. TMNT seems to be on schedule and wasn't affected by the issues that seem to plague Tcats. In fact, once the back-log clears, S7 has fulfilled all outstanding Tcats figure pre-orders. So that means we are starting an all-new pre-order cycle with wave 5. Even if they put up the pre-order for Wave 5 in, say, September, we'd be waiting about a year until that wave will ship to us.

So it's not just the delays for wave 2-4, we essentially lost an entire year worth of pre-orders because S7 (rightfully) held back on selling any more product in the meantime.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:09 pm

So I know only one wave of these have actually been released so far, but what was the delivery difference between ordering directly from Super7 and say BBTS?

As I jumped on this line pretty late, all of my pre-orders are through BBTS & The Chosen Prime.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:26 pm

Andru wrote:
So I know only one wave of these have actually been released so far, but what was the delivery difference between ordering directly from Super7 and say BBTS?

As I jumped on this line pretty late, all of my pre-orders are through BBTS & The Chosen Prime.
I ordered TMNT wave 1 and 2 from BBTS and I think I was waiting at least a month after seeing people receive their sets from Super7 directly.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:44 pm

NORM wrote:
Andru wrote:

I ordered TMNT wave 1 and 2 from BBTS and I think I was waiting at least a month after seeing people receive their sets from Super7 directly.
Thanks! Guess I better learn to be patient then ha.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:53 pm

Andru wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:44 pm
NORM wrote:
Andru wrote:

Thanks! Guess I better learn to be patient then ha.
Yeah when toxie came out it was at least a couple months before bbts got him in. But I think that’s the worst super 7 delay I have had from them
wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:31 pm

I ordered Super 7 Lion-O from BBTS way back in Sept 2019. I saved him in my Pile o' Loot in hopes of letting him ship with the other Thundercats, but time finally ran out. I'm happy with the quality of the Super 7 product. The paint apps are cleaner than Mattel's with the exception of a small splotch of red on the S7's neutral face chin. Also, the pointier fingers on the S7's hands are a welcome change. However, Mattel did a better job with the logo on the sword. I was originally going to sell the Mattel version, but I may just keep them both. If I had to part with one, I think Mattel would be the one to go. It gives me hope for the rest of the S7 cats.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:47 pm

wetwithwaterwings wrote:
I ordered Super 7 Lion-O from BBTS way back in Sept 2019. I saved him in my Pile o' Loot in hopes of letting him ship with the other Thundercats, but time finally ran out. I'm happy with the quality of the Super 7 product. The paint apps are cleaner than Mattel's with the exception of a small splotch of red on the S7's neutral face chin. Also, the pointier fingers on the S7's hands are a welcome change. However, Mattel did a better job with the logo on the sword. I was originally going to sell the Mattel version, but I may just keep them both. If I had to part with one, I think Mattel would be the one to go. It gives me hope for the rest of the S7 cats.
Supposedly, the paint on the sword is going to be fixed in the re-release of Lion-O. I sold my Mattel version, so I'm hoping that's true. Either way, the Super 7 was a must-buy for me because of the shiny claw shield. I'm not a fan of the Mattel interpretation, especially when Mumm-Ra seeing his reflection in the claw was such a big part of those early episodes.
wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:55 pm

Rex Mason wrote:
Supposedly, the paint on the sword is going to be fixed in the re-release of Lion-O. I sold my Mattel version, so I'm hoping that's true. Either way, the Super 7 was a must-buy for me because of the shiny claw shield. I'm not a fan of the Mattel interpretation, especially when Mumm-Ra seeing his reflection in the claw was such a big part of those early episodes.
Now I have to resist the temptation to purchase yet another Lion-O in hopes of getting the most perfect version possible. :tears:

I didn't remember that fact about the claw reflection. I quite like the furry claw, but now I have a new appreciation for the gold one. I love bits of knowledge like that. Thanks!
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:29 pm

wetwithwaterwings wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:55 pm
Rex Mason wrote:
Now I have to resist the temptation to purchase yet another Lion-O in hopes of getting the most perfect version possible. :tears:

I didn't remember that fact about the claw reflection. I quite like the furry claw, but now I have a new appreciation for the gold one. I love bits of knowledge like that. Thanks!
I didn't decide to get into this line until late in the game, so I missed Super 7's first version. And while I wish I had it already on the shelf, I'm hoping the slightly tweaked new edition will be worth the wait. I was able to sell my original Mattel Lion-O on ebay for $50, despite it being opened and having a few scuffs from a good year of play with my daughters. So you might be able to break even if you opt to sell yours!

I've decided to keep my version of Mattel's Jackalman, but I grabbed a booster pack on ebay for cheap in order to get the guns for him. Those just arrived today, and I'm really happy with them, although it makes me really impatient to get Super 7's Panthro in hand. (I sold my Mattel Panthro for $50 as well, but kept the different color nunchucks effect so I can keep changing up my display when the Super 7 version arrives).
fletch137
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:06 am

Rex Mason wrote:
wetwithwaterwings wrote:
-especially when Mumm-Ra seeing his reflection in the claw was such a big part of those early episodes.
Holy cats, you're right! I'd dismissed the metallic shield as lazily under-detailed, but has forgotten that key plot point.

Maybe I'll be ordering an S7 Lion-O too.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”