Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:10 pm

Guess I'm ordering the Metallic Pink for the Kat head, a Pink two-pack for a non-metallic Pink MMPR second body, and AHHHHH MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!!

VERY disappointed on no updated Kimberly portrait. I like the original, but everyone else is getting two options! Now Kat has THREE! And the only good one is the Metallic figure.

Now that I've decided to create the "second team" of MMPR Rangers (I know, SO STUPID) I just ordered Metallic Kat, Dorkside has MMPR Black back in stock so another one of him to go with the Zeo Adam I just got, the Tanya/Scorpina pack and I would love a Zeo Rocky/MMPR Rocky two-pack so I can sell off Zeo.

Also, I'm surprised they are starting to release cell-shaded items at the same time as they are trying to move the metallic. The cell-shaded would make a nice exclusive set somewhere, or a follow-up line. And of course - no alt heads but more money. :rolleyes:
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:14 pm

Is Cel-shaded supposed to be the comic look?
DeadMallsTellNoTales
HULK SMASH!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:17 pm

You know, the Cel-Shaded looks like the art they've been using for their packaging a bit!
Looks fun, but not sure its $27 fun for me, sadly
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:27 pm

I'm still a little surprised there have been zero LC announcements for Dino Fury. It's not like they haven't had time to develop the figures. I stopped watching the show after 3 or 4 episodes, but I like the uniforms enough that I'd buy some LC figures.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:28 pm

Sloth15 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:27 pm
I'm still a little surprised there have been zero LC announcements for Dino Fury. It's not like they haven't had time to develop the figures. I stopped watching the show after 3 or 4 episodes, but I like the uniforms enough that I'd buy some LC figures.
Well, considering how Beast Morphers figures sat on shelves forever, maybe they are apprehensive...

Is the new series any more popular than BM?
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:38 pm

I don't think that should matter - shouldn't new media be allowed the chance to garner a fanbase with product? Or does it need to "earn" the right to be included in the "nice" line?

My opinion: a new series deserves a dedicated SKU/new line for store shelves - all Rangers and a villain. That would be six "unique" sculpts in one wave and I'd double-pack the leader and one of the others. And I'm talking Lightning Collection - I know there is the cheaper, smaller options.

Beast Morphers moved slowly, true, but that was the first wave when Hasbro was figuring out how to do it - and they over bet on new vs nostalgia. Now they know who is buying, they can recalibrate. And could they finally release Beast Morpher Yellow and Roxy? Perfect box set right there.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:39 pm

BTW, hard to keep track of releases, is Zeo complete now?
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:43 pm

I see the pink morpher and the cell shaded pink ranger ($30.......yikes!) I don't see the 2 pack though.
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:45 pm

citysushi wrote:BTW, hard to keep track of releases, is Zeo complete now?
Almost...Zeo Yellow should be coming in the next wave according to the leaks (the one after In Space Black), but she hasn't been announced yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:59 pm

I'm laughing because if I was Hasbro, I'd be making the same business decisions. $$$$$$$$$

They know there's a niche adult fanbase that will pay top dollar for this stuff.

Bundling Zeo Pink with a re-release of MMPR Pink is smart, because Zeo Team completionists would pay for that figure regardless.

Doing another MMPR Variant series (more variants than Loki...damn) with Cell-Shading.. Haha. You know they're gonna release all 7 MMPR Rangers in this form.

Glorious.

Also people, I'd recommend the MMPR Metallic Kat instead.

The face portraits on this new two-pack are giving me eerie wealthy heiress Paris Hilton vibes;

sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:28 pm

TonyStark517 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:29 pm
This was the first time in awhile I've watched a Hasbro stream on my computer and could see the live chat. Yeesh. Talk about cringe. Such a cesspool compared to the rest of the collecting world.

Definitely in for the Kat Two-Pack and the Helmet. Something tells me we're getting cel shaded versions of the rest of the MMPR team so I'll likely get that, too.
The Power Rangers Fan First chats tend to be a little better than let's say GI Joe or Star Wars. Those tend to be toxic AF. Though there's always a few rotten apples in any group.
SymbiSpidey wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:19 pm
So with Tanya being leaked for the next wave, that should complete our Zeo team.

Just sucks that everybody else got a single release, but Kat (as of now) is only available in a 2-pack with a figure that's already been released, what, 3 times already?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It seems to me that Hasbro is making at least one Ranger out of a team an exclusive/2-pack and then releasing the rest as singles. With the exception of the Psychos of course.

Merso wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:42 pm
I just need Zeo Kat. Can't stand this two-pack, double dipping strategy. I'm truly sick of this practice.

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk
It's not fun at all, but it's a patented Hasbro strategy. See Marvel Legends.
citysushi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:01 pm
The heck, why do we need 4 pink rangers? :( T he cell shaded one looks so good and has all the blade blaster forms. Why couldn't we just get that the whole time? Who cares about people heads?
I display the figures with their civilian headsculpts. They are truly a selling point to me. I don't care enough about the effects though. Those can be released with a figure every so often. Don't think every single figure needs one though. I'd drop the effect for more accessories in a heartbeat.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:37 pm

Those new heads really don't look like Kat to me. Also, I agree with whoever said this is barely pink - these colors are trending much closer to fuchsia and that's bad.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:53 pm

wtf!!! what happened?? the last waves had the best head sculpts! these kats head are a complete left turn like the first rocky head lol.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:33 pm

Two pack preordered! I'm kind of looking forward to this one.

A couple of comments/observations:

Cell shaded Pink Range: accessories, no unmasked head---$30. Pink Ranger 2 pack: accessories, two unmasked heads, cat accessory----$40. I don't get the math, but I'm glad they didn't price it at $60.

For those commenting that the likeness is off......that is true for roughly 50% of the unmasked heads. I'm just going to live with it.

For those wondering why no new Kimberly head......You can bet your pink power coin one is coming. With a movie figure, with a ninjetti figure, heck, with a straight up re-release. Kimberly is arguably the second most popular Ranger ever. She will get a new head at some point. I guess today is just Kat's day.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:49 pm

They really know how to get me. I don't need another MMPR Pink (or the cat) but I ordered the set for Zeo Pink.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”