ML Retro Spider-Man Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TickTockClock
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:10 am

Roufuss wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:51 pm
Target in my experience is really good about not selling orders they have already picked, especially as it takes the item out of inventory.
That is unless it's a hot-ticket item. I unfortunately had my pickup order cancelled for the IS Thanos & Iron-Man only for them to put the pickup back up a day later (After I drove 45 min to another target for one, lol).
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:17 am

TickTockClock wrote:
Roufuss wrote:
Target in my experience is really good about not selling orders they have already picked, especially as it takes the item out of inventory.
That is unless it's a hot-ticket item. I unfortunately had my pickup order cancelled for the IS Thanos & Iron-Man only for them to put the pickup back up a day later (After I drove 45 min to another target for one, lol).
Happened to me too for my pickup order for Thrust (War for Cybertron—Target Exclusive). Thrust was available for pickup at a Target far away from me, and I drove all the way there only for my pickup order to get cancelled on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:25 am

After the order was confirmed? I've never had Target cancel an item they confirmed they had for in-store pickup.

I had Shocker cancelled twice today at two different Targets, but I wasn't going to drive unless it confirmed.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:27 am

TickTockClock wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:10 am
Roufuss wrote:
It is more than likely the span of time between placing an in-store pickup order and an employee actually picking it...

Once picked, the only real reason they will cancel is if you haven't picked it up within the allotted amount of time given.

I would say all other cancellations after order confirmation are due to either an incorrect inventory count or most likely another customer snagging the item before an employee can grab it.

Sometimes there are hours in between placing an in-store pickup order and getting a confirmation the order is ready for pickup....ample time for another customer to grab the item.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:38 am

Couldn’t resist adding Shocker to an online order from Target I was making for baby formula. Weirdly, my daughter’s formula is also something that sells out quickly in Target stores and on the app, so I’m always checking for it, including in the middle of the night when I’m up with her, which has resulted in me getting a few figures that have quickly sold out overnight. So there’s one benefit to having a small child that doesn’t let you sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 am

I debated canceling the in-stock figures at target I ordered over at gamestop, just to get them sooner. But, its looking like gamestop isn't letting me cancel them individually, just the entire order

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:17 am

JPC wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:25 am
After the order was confirmed? I've never had Target cancel an item they confirmed they had for in-store pickup.

I had Shocker cancelled twice today at two different Targets, but I wasn't going to drive unless it confirmed.

I have. I had two Red Hulks get cancelled like this in February 2020 RIGHT before the pandemic, and I'm pretty sure it was because people plucked them off of the shelves in that store before the employee I set in motion to grab it for me was able to get to them, or that they were in a location in the back or on pallets or carts that the "fetch the online order" employee wasn't able to identify.

If you spend more than an hour in front of Target's customer service desk you see that employees go shopping the store EXACTLY like customers do, except that they're a bit better about getting stuff fetched from the back than the average customer is.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:31 am

I’ve had Target cancel orders multiple times. It’s probably pretty common now with high demand items since so many people are out sick. I’ve found if they’re short staffed the online orders end up being a low priority as customer service people are forced to deal with customers in store. And your order isn’t secure until someone actually tracks it down and sets it aside. If it’s an item I really want/need, I’ll do store pickup and then go right away. I did that for this Minnie Mouse market my daughter really wanted for Christmas. I got an in-stock alert when I was at my sister’s house and missed out, but then I noticed a Target down the street from her had one, so I placed the order for pickup and ran out. I got to the shelf before the associate did and just bought it. I didn’t get the “order cancelled” email until an hour or so later for the pickup one leading me to believe it would have taken that long for someone to fetch it had I waited.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:58 am

Yeah, Target in-store pickups are fine for stuff that isn't flying off the shelves, but I've had orders canceled a lot, and about 80% of the time I've used in-store pickup an employee has to go run out to grab it off the shelf for me when I get there instead of having it set aside, so I'm doubtful they'd hold a hotly selling action figure for me for very long if at all. More likely I'd get there and it would have been sold already. Not really complaining, but just that I don't have a lot of faith in the in-store pickups for my local Targets for toys. Regular goods? Always a good experience though.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:01 am

Oh, I’ve had Target cancel orders before it could get picked, sure. They even state they have a two hour window to get your item, and hot items will sell out before an employee goes and grabs it.

But once it’s actually picked, and I’ve had confirmation to come to the store to get it, they have never then cancelled that order for me unless I didn’t go get it in seven days.

I’ve left all sorts of stuff there for multiple days — GI Joe (Cobra Island), Legends, He-Man, Star Wars, once it’s confirmed for pickup they have never cancelled it after that. Sometimes I’ll do in an instore pickup at a store like 25 or 30 miles out and can’t get down there until the weekend.

The best time in my experience is doing it in the middle of the night when it goes up, as some stores pick all the items before the store opens. It’s how I got a ton of CI Cobra Troopers a few years back.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:13 am

Neat. I didn’t know that this was Hammerhead’s first time getting an actual dedicated figure.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:47 am

Roufuss wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:01 am
But once it’s actually picked, and I’ve had confirmation to come to the store to get it, they have never then cancelled that order for me unless I didn’t go get it in seven days.
This is what I meant by not having it cancelled once it's "picked". Once it's "picked" I've never had it not be there.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:59 am

Hbhf wrote:

Neat. I didn’t know that this was Hammerhead’s first time getting an actual dedicated figure.
Good for Gerry; that's awesome!
Mark_Bowen
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:45 pm

Hbhf wrote:
Warning! FRAT! :

Thanks for sharing this — I loved seeing it!
nilocomic
Customized

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:47 pm

This wave keeps coming in and out of stock on Target’s website that I’m getting to the point of wanting to turn off notifications. I lucked out getting Shocker and Armored (though Armored is back ordered), but I keep missing Symbiote, Reilly, and Hobgoblin. Even if I’m in the app and get the notification, by the time I get to checkout it’s gone again.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”