HasLab Sentinel Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Sentinel Discussion

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 am

I go through this struggle with every single convention exclusive that comes in an elaborate and beautifully designed package. I only this year threw away the Book of Vishanti after holding onto it for years thinking I’d sell it or give it to someone who wanted it as a collector piece. When I got the World Tour set I trashed the box immediately so I wouldn’t do the same again.
ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:27 am

I’ve sold con-exclusive fancy boxes before, like Vishanti and Thunderbolts Tower and Galactus Imperative on eBay, but I probably would have been better off throwing them away - I’m pretty sure I didn’t make much off them to warrant the effort. The Sentinel box is nice but enormous, so I’m sure shipping even just the box would be a pain, and expensive.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:31 am

H-bird wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 am
I go through this struggle with every single convention exclusive that comes in an elaborate and beautifully designed package. I only this year threw away the Book of Vishanti after holding onto it for years thinking I’d sell it or give it to someone who wanted it as a collector piece. When I got the World Tour set I trashed the box immediately so I wouldn’t do the same again.

Wow, I couldn't trash that Book of Vishanti package...too nice. Maybe the nicest con package they've ever made.

I'll probably trash at least one of my Sentinel boxes within the next few months, but not the other two until I'm completely sure I'm keeping them. If you keep listing them on eBay someone might buy them, but I bet not for a while. And I don't get how people are selling them for under $100...isn't shipping on anything that large close to $100 even if it's only a pound or so?
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:08 pm

Yeah I was torn on getting rid of it but at the end of the day it was just sitting in storage for the last few years. Fun to look at every now and then but not a display piece and not worth holding on to when space is limited. For purely selfish reasons I wish they wouldn’t make con packages so cool - I always agonize over tossing them.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:27 pm

I still have my sdcc Thor set from a few years back, but that thing is sturdy enough you could almost use it as an ottoman. And i really like the artwork. Anyhow it sits atop a bookcase with my knock-off Mjolnir resting on top of it, waiting for someone worthy to come along.

But yeah i often see ebay listings for empty boxes and such and wonder to myself, who is buying these?
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate

Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:22 pm

I haven't bought too many con exclusives, but some of the smaller boxed sets --like the Hellfire Club--I go ahead and keep because they aren't that big, considering. And its an easy way to store the figures. But yeah...the Sentinel. My god, it's bigger than a carry-on luggage. You would literally need to check it if you were getting on a plane. lol
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:52 pm

I threw the box away. Didn't help that it was smashed in a corner and the seals ripped it when I tried to peel them off slowly. Oh well.

I wish they'd just give us regular packaging for the most part. I throw most of it out. The Vishanti and Hellfire sets are some of the only ones I've kept. I did cut up the Thor 5-pack exclusive just to keep the artwork though.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 pm

I was disappointed that they didn’t see an opportunity to make it possible to repurpose the box as a play set/diorama display.

Would have earned major brownie points to make packaging that doesn’t have to be trashed or recycled but instead could become a cardboard and polystyrene representation of a trashed mansion or ruined city street with some strategically chosen places the Sentinel feet can be located as it looms over smaller figures fighting it, even just printing a danger room type surface pattern on the inside of the cardboard so it could be turned into something cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:52 pm

Great idea. That box was large enough. I’m sure cost affect everything. Hasbro isn’t wanting to cut into their profit. But that is a great idea!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dcucfan
CROM!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:26 pm

Anyone still waiting on their Sentinel(s)? I finally got my first a few weeks back, but nothing on my other two. I know some folks had the rest of their order show up without warning, so not sure how long I should expect to wait.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:08 pm

dcucfan wrote:Anyone still waiting on their Sentinel(s)? I finally got my first a few weeks back, but nothing on my other two. I know some folks had the rest of their order show up without warning, so not sure how long I should expect to wait.
Id personally get ahold of customer service

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dcucfan
CROM!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:35 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:08 pm
dcucfan wrote:Anyone still waiting on their Sentinel(s)? I finally got my first a few weeks back, but nothing on my other two. I know some folks had the rest of their order show up without warning, so not sure how long I should expect to wait.
Id personally get ahold of customer service

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I did and the result was concerning. They essentially escalated the chat because they seemed surprised I hadn’t received my final two, though tracking clearly shows they’ve never moved. I’m supposed to be getting an email response at some point but yeah, not great.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:49 am

dcucfan wrote:
I did and the result was concerning. They essentially escalated the chat because they seemed surprised I hadn’t received my final two, though tracking clearly shows they’ve never moved. I’m supposed to be getting an email response at some point but yeah, not great.

Have you looked in FedEx Delivery Manager? Several of us including me have multiple shipments stuck in "Pending" status that actually did arrive. With mine the stuck "Pending" shipments were originally set to ship from Georgia, but two months later they shipped from San Francisco, and there are two entries in the FedEx system with the exact same tracking numbers--one set in status "Delivered" from California, and another set stuck forever as "Pending."

So what you'd be looking for are delivered packages, probably with the exact same tracking numbers.
dcucfan
CROM!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:10 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:49 am
dcucfan wrote:

Have you looked in FedEx Delivery Manager? Several of us including me have multiple shipments stuck in "Pending" status that actually did arrive. With mine the stuck "Pending" shipments were originally set to ship from Georgia, but two months later they shipped from San Francisco, and there are two entries in the FedEx system with the exact same tracking numbers--one set in status "Delivered" from California, and another set stuck forever as "Pending."

So what you'd be looking for are delivered packages, probably with the exact same tracking numbers.
I checked, and while that is the case for the one delivered Sentinel (two identical tracking numbers, one delivered) the other two still just have one pending label from August. No email from Hasbro support yet, so guess we’ll see what happens!
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:25 pm

For anyone having issues with their Sentinels, I'd keep contacting customer service. I can confirm they have some extras, as I got my one that was mis-delivered.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”