McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:24 am

Disagree entirely on Todd’s marketing abilities. The original Spawn line was built on cool sculpts and word of mouth. Todd’s social media crew has outdone itself on the marketing of all of his current licenses across all platforms. I don’t think DC/WM have spent a nickel on marketing the Multiverse line, and you can barely keep it in stores. The Spawn KS was masterfully done. Getting the product out seemed to be a challenge, but ultimately, they worked it out.

There’s no way Todd could showcase the Batman ‘66 stuff and then show a wave of Multiverse figures behind it. Batman ‘66 would be squashed and forgotten when he’s trying to build excitement and value.

I am disappointed with what he showed, but SDCC is next month, online though it may be. There’s also FanDome II and NYCC in person event coming too.

Also Infinite Frontier #1 ships this Tues. I still think this will start to affect Todd’s character selection soon. Lots of moving parts and correct timing involved.
AndyTrevino
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:12 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Disagree entirely on Todd’s marketing abilities. The original Spawn line was built on cool sculpts and word of mouth. Todd’s social media crew has outdone itself on the marketing of all of his current licenses across all platforms. I don’t think DC/WM have spent a nickel on marketing the Multiverse line, and you can barely keep it in stores. The Spawn KS was masterfully done. Getting the product out seemed to be a challenge, but ultimately, they worked it out.

There’s no way Todd could showcase the Batman ‘66 stuff and then show a wave of Multiverse figures behind it. Batman ‘66 would be squashed and forgotten when he’s trying to build excitement and value.

I am disappointed with what he showed, but SDCC is next month, online though it may be. There’s also FanDome II and NYCC in person event coming too.

Also Infinite Frontier #1 ships this Tues. I still think this will start to affect Todd’s character selection soon. Lots of moving parts and correct timing involved.
I could've sworn they flat out cancelled SDCC this year
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:35 am

This line has become my potato chips. "I just need one Flash," I said, picking up Injustice Flash to get free shipping on a Target order. Hey, this Injustice Flash is beautiful, I'm all set on Flash. Go to Target tonight, and there's Rebirth Flash, just hanging out on the shelf... "Well, maybe just one MORE Flash. What's the harm?"

Also, being able to just BUY a figure at Target. Not pre-order, not chase, just buy him...

The Red-style White Knight Batman is still my favorite articulation on a Batman despite having Arkham Asylum now, and the McFarlane-designed one. Is the Capullo-style Batman more White Knight or more Arkham in terms of leg ROM? I was kinda disappointed in the leg movement on Arkham, but looking for a more traditional-looking Bats.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:26 am

I don't have the WK to compare but Capullo has about the same forward and side to side ROM as Arkham.
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:25 pm
Confirming that it is one ball at the bottom and one in the mid torso. Any slant you see from it in package can easily be rectified.
Thank you! It looked really wonky. Knowing there are two balls really helps...

LOL
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:50 pm

AndyTrevino wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:12 am
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:

I could've sworn they flat out cancelled SDCC this year
It’s online. 23-25th of July. Haven’t looked at panel listings yet. Dunno what to expect. Especially in the way of merchandise.

Todd may be keeping his powder dry.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:52 pm

Doesn’t feel like any DC multiverse stuff today sadly.
KNR
Customized

Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:35 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:52 pm
Doesn’t feel like any DC multiverse stuff today sadly.
Not sure the idea of a summer showcase and not showing off his best line.
Maybe this was just intended to show off new lines? So multiverse would of ruined their hype.
Ultramane
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:28 pm

y'all act like there wasn't a week of daily multiverse reveals right before this
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:13 pm

Can't wait for the inevitable Sasha Calle Supergirl. Hopefully the likenesses improve by then though.
maverick10126

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:16 am

I was hoping at the very least for a closer look and pre-orders for the last two figures, king Shazam and etrigan.
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:41 am

This is Spawn's week folks, Spawn's Universe #1 out Wednesday which incidentally when the pre-orders for the first series of toys go live. So maybe marketing is part of his forte lol. Well played, I am so stoked for all of it!

Batman '66 deserves a spotlight, I am slowly desiring a Burton Batman and Donner Superman line to go with.
Personally I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with Todd right now even if this weekend didn't show what you wanted - there's simply so much stuff to look forward to for the rest of '21. No other line compares really for remainder of the year from my perspective.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:57 am

I dunno. It’s like going to a cookout expecting steaks and then getting burgers. Really good burgers, but still just burgers. I’m sure some great stuff is on the way, but patience isn’t one of my virtues.

Side note:

As someone who started collecting figures as an adult with Spawn 25 years ago, I’m a bit concerned (for my wallet) that Todd might draw me back in. I quit when he went to little plastic statues. Also DCD kicked off about then too. So I went home. I had no real connection to Todd’s characters at that time. Still don’t. I doubt I’ll buy any of Todd’s new comics either. Which has always been the focal point for me anyway. I wanted figures from the comics I read. That’s been my connection all along. Except as cool as some of the Spawn figures look, that may not matter anymore.
maverick10126

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:49 am

So gunslinger is a target exclusive but everything else will be everywhere? Either way I hope we get an easy ordering experience on Wednesday. Take my money Todd!
KNR
Customized

Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:24 am

ditko wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:41 am
This is Spawn's week folks, Spawn's Universe #1 out Wednesday which incidentally when the pre-orders for the first series of toys go live. So maybe marketing is part of his forte lol. Well played, I am so stoked for all of it!

Batman '66 deserves a spotlight, I am slowly desiring a Burton Batman and Donner Superman line to go with.
Personally I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with Todd right now even if this weekend didn't show what you wanted - there's simply so much stuff to look forward to for the rest of '21. No other line compares really for remainder of the year from my perspective.
Definitely not disappointed! I’m excited to delve into the spawn stuff. I just high expectations for some DC Multiverse.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”