G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 am

Nik wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:52 am
That said, it is a great set that I only have 1 complaint about, and it ain't about the wolf. For the first time in my experience, I have a G.I. Joe Classified figure that can't hold all of their accessories and weapons on their person all at once. All they had to do was put a damn peg on one of the rifles so it could plug into his back. I jammed the clip of one of the guns into the back strap of his harness, and it works, but I'll always know that Hasbro dropped the ball on that one. After 20+ figures that could hold everything on their person, it seems like an odd decision to abandon that.
This isn't an ideal solution for most people but I'm going to drop it here as it's something that I find works well:

www.amazon.com/Elastic-Width-Sewing-Cra ... 08999WRCB/

1/8" flat elastic cord. Look up some real gun slings online to use as reference. I'm absolutely going to use this to make one for Snake Eyes (the stretchy cord matches his Pursuit of Cobra Commando look really well too). Here's one I made for my MCU Deadpool (using a Valaverse AR):
Spoiler! :
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:22 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 am
Nik wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:52 am
That said, it is a great set that I only have 1 complaint about, and it ain't about the wolf. For the first time in my experience, I have a G.I. Joe Classified figure that can't hold all of their accessories and weapons on their person all at once. All they had to do was put a damn peg on one of the rifles so it could plug into his back. I jammed the clip of one of the guns into the back strap of his harness, and it works, but I'll always know that Hasbro dropped the ball on that one. After 20+ figures that could hold everything on their person, it seems like an odd decision to abandon that.
This isn't an ideal solution for most people but I'm going to drop it here as it's something that I find works well:

www.amazon.com/Elastic-Width-Sewing-Cra ... 08999WRCB/

1/8" flat elastic cord. Look up some real gun slings online to use as reference. I'm absolutely going to use this to make one for Snake Eyes (the stretchy cord matches his Pursuit of Cobra Commando look really well too). Here's one I made for my MCU Deadpool (using a Valaverse AR):
Spoiler! :
Whoa, thanks! That looks like a perfect solution to many of my action figure problems.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:41 am

I got Commando Snake Eyes and Timber from Gamestop yesterday. It's a great set. The previous Snake Eyes was one of my favorite figures of last year (if not my absolute favorite) but this new one might have it beat. I'm never able to make up my mind whether I like the Commando or Ninja look more, but this new figure just cuts a mean silhouette compared to the previous one. Like, you can just have him stand there and he still looks really intimidating. My two complaints are that I wish both hands had the up-down hinge rather than the in-out hinge and the ab crunch could use better range. It's not the vest restricting the articulation, the ab range itself is just not great. Thankfully, the movement you get there combined with the balljoint at the waist means he cans still hunch over a good amount. Love that he has realistic guns too, very happy the line is making the switch.

Timber is great too. Very impressive sculpt and paint. Articulation is about as good as you could ask for from a wolf figure too. I'm very happy with this set, might be my new favorite offering from the Classified line.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:32 am

Gamestop has Storm Shadow and Spirit as a Feb 1 release instead of July now.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:49 am

I realllllllllly hope that's true. Storm Shadow is the one figure I've been waiting for since this line was still something we sat around saying "Hey wouldn't it be cool if we got 6 inch GI Joes?"

Waiting just a few months instead of alllll the way to July will make winter a lot more bearable.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:32 pm

I'll throw a preorder Gamestop's way. Both are in my top 10.
I placed an order with CMD a few weeks ago when they moved their orders from July to April.
gyrapados
Avengers Assemble

Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks for the heads up on Spirit and SS on GameStop. Placed an order with them.
kboe1313
Customized

Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:30 am

PP Viper and Bat have been up on Target for preorder last hour
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:23 am

Thanks for posting - grabbed a couple Bats. They seem to be going in and out of stock.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:46 am

Are the BATs one per customer? I don’t understand how people get around those.

Seeing the BATs on Instagram has been getting me more hype.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:58 am

Prophet924 wrote:Are the BATs one per customer? I don’t understand how people get around those.

Seeing the BATs on Instagram has been getting me more hype.

Thwipp!

No I think they were limit 2 on the pre orders.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:19 am

They’ve been going up for preorder sporadically for the last few days. I think there is at least a 24 hour limit per item. They went up twice for me today and I could only keep the first order while the second was canceled. I made preorders a few days ago and was able to keep both preorders because there was at least a 24 hour gap between them.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:05 am

Yeah, I ordered one when they originally went up last month not knowing you could order 2 in the same order (but not two orders of 1, stupid Target), so I grabbed the two today. I don't know what the time frame is for the limit enforcement.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:29 pm

I bought an extra couple I guess we’ll see how this goes.

Thwipp!

nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:56 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:Yeah, I ordered one when they originally went up last month not knowing you could order 2 in the same order (but not two orders of 1, stupid Target), so I grabbed the two today. I don't know what the time frame is for the limit enforcement.
This was going on with barbecue, firefly, and Beachhead. I'd order one and then a few days later or would let me order another. I think I ended up with four of each. Great Christmas presents for my nephews.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics