Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:04 pm

XMenLegacy wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:41 pm
MollyMillions wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:35 pm
Walk me through what makes this Fennec different.
I think it's the same one. She's part of a wave while he's a deluxe release.

So they're re-releasing the exact same Fennec in a different wave? Or are there minor deco differences?
XMenLegacy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:08 pm

As I understand, it's just one Fennec release. They just decided to officially announce her along with deluxe Bobba instead of with her wave.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:11 pm

There is just one Fennec figure (number 1 in the "Book of Boba Fett" packaging).

They never officially revealed Fennec before she started popping up overseas and on the US west coast.

Today is the official "reveal".
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:19 pm

I found ... what is the new wave, I guess, at Target today. I cannot be bothered to follow this line on top of Transformers, GIJoe, and Marvel Legends so I am not sure what is in any given wave at any given time. It's not like the toy boxes help, either! Ponda Baba, Fennec Shand, Migs Mayfeld, Bib Fortuna, Thython Boba Fett, and Evazan. I thought the Book of Boba Fett figures weren't coming out until fall 2022?
Peter Hoffman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:22 pm

This is the biggest problem with Hasbro these days, IMO. They hold everything back until stock is showing up, which puts everyone but the big box stores at a huge disadvantage.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:32 pm

The one good thing about Boba being a deluxe is that he'll ship in cases of just him. It'll be easier to actually get than if he were a figure in a wave. I know it was pretty easy to get the RotJ Fett.

On the other hand, I have no idea why this is a deluxe. The accessory count isn't that impressive, the paint doesn't look better than what normal wave figures get, and it's not a wholly original mold. I guess because it's Boba Fett and they know it'll sell for that price.
Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:58 pm

Hasbro's rationale for deluxe these days is basically just because they feel like it. And we saps will pay for it.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:03 pm

Andru wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:11 pm
There is just one Fennec figure (number 1 in the "Book of Boba Fett" packaging).

They never officially revealed Fennec before she started popping up overseas and on the US west coast.

Today is the official "reveal".
That is what I thought, but sometimes this hobby moves faster than I can keep up.

Thanks all!
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:46 pm

Odowan wrote:
Hasbro's rationale for deluxe these days is basically just because they feel like it. And we saps will pay for it.
I hate that. I feel like folks are catching on, and starting to have hard feelings towards the Hasbro team because of things like this. The response to the Rancor, and so many comments about, "wanting to teach Hasbro a lesson," all speak to that.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:59 pm

Want that Boba Fett figure, wont pay deluxe prices for him. I'll wait for a Target coupon or for him to be discounted. This line is great, I love it....but the value just isn't there lately. If I miss stuff along the way, I'll live...but Hasbro is risking a dwindling collector base. It wont happen over night, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who will continue to cut back unless something changes.

I get that the cost of things are going up but that sort of falls under "not my problem." It's not my job to explain why prices are going so high on figures and why Hasbro is cheating stuff into deluxe packaging. It's Hasbro's job to get creative and find ways to adjust to the market, keep prices competitive and win my purchase. If I don't feel like I'm getting a good value and that my money can be better spent elsewhere then that's what I'm going to do.

NECA is in the same boat imo. I was willing to pay $30 for a NECA figure for how often I buy them...but the jump to $38. I don't recall getting a 27% raise last year. There are plenty of companies competing for my money, they need to figure out how to be more competitive.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:09 pm

Prices on everything have gone up. Inflation across the board. I’ll grab this Boba, but probably un-preorder Tython Boba. I’ve also got the Figuarts Boba preordered since I’ve got both a Black Series and Figuarts display collection.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:11 pm

Just realizing, why doesn't this new Boba come with a flame effect? They could just use the same one that came with the RotJ Fett. The gauntlet looks similar enough, if not exactly the same, so it should still work with it. I still don't think that'd be enough to justify the price, but at least it'd at least be SOMETHING extra to throw in.
Peter Hoffman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Price increases over the last couple of years have nothing to do with normal inflation. There have been huge increases in the cost of raw materials, labour, and freight.

Companies basically have 2 options: raise prices, or cut features on the product. Personally, I'd rather pay a little bit more to keep the figures at a higher quality, and make some decisions about what I buy.

I agree that they shouldn't try to slot a 'non-deluxe' figure into a deluxe price point, but at the same time if a figure costs more to produce, then I'd rather them charge more than not make it or make it in a way that doesn't do it service.
Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:30 pm

Peter Hoffman wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:16 pm
Price increases over the last couple of years have nothing to do with normal inflation. There have been huge increases in the cost of raw materials, labour, and freight.

Companies basically have 2 options: raise prices, or cut features on the product. Personally, I'd rather pay a little bit more to keep the figures at a higher quality, and make some decisions about what I buy.

I agree that they shouldn't try to slot a 'non-deluxe' figure into a deluxe price point, but at the same time if a figure costs more to produce, then I'd rather them charge more than not make it or make it in a way that doesn't do it service.
But not one bit of that matters if the consumer market decides that the product they're offering is not worth the price. Many collectors are cutting back because of the massive price hikes. It's up to Hasbro to remain competitive, and all they're doing is alienating once loyal fans.
Nothing
CROM!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Odowan wrote:
"Is it cool? Do people want it?

Deluxe then. detach one of plastic accessories and widen the box, Henderson."

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”