General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:18 pm

Are The Boys figures still being seen stateside?
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:27 pm

PresidentJuggernaut wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:17 pm
I stumbled across a Shape of Water Amphibian Man this weekend and picked it up for $26.99. I had been curious about this figure for a long time, I think it released 2 years ago at this point, but I always saw it for around $40 and didn't want to spend that much. It's a great figure that lives up to the Ultimate line with a bunch of alternate parts and a very nice, large platform diorama base. Might set up a Best Picture winner shelf with this figure, NECA Rocky, McFarlane Vito Corleone, and Return of the King Aragorn.
I just bought Amph-Man myself and like it a lot more than I thought I would. I also waited for a discounted price. EE-not mint box, dropped $10 of the price and I didn't even notice anything wrong with the box until I saw a corner of the window came unglued. I open anyway. Anyway, I didn't realize the mouth on 1 head is articulated, which is nice.

I know they probably aren't GDT owned designs, but I wish we could get some of the non-comic creatures from Hellboy 1/2.
PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:38 pm
Ha, I was mid-way through reading your post when I began wondering how many Best Picture winners had figures dedicated to them. There was also a Mego Hannibal from Silence of the Lambs, but it's not a long list.

I'm a little surprised that there isn't a market for Braveheart figures.

Personally, I'd like to see some figures from No Country for Old Men, Lawrence of Arabia, and Unforgiven.
NECA did a couple of versions of Hannibal Lecter too, during the Cult Classics days.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:41 pm

G.I. Joe did a 1:6 General Patton too. And I'd imagine there's got to be a Barbie Scarlett O'Hara out there.

I wonder if Medicom or any of those 1:6 companies that does nebulously legal deep dives into American action films and thrillers ever made a Popeye Doyle.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:49 am

What do you think the chances are of another ultimate leatherface?
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:39 am

If you have an FYE in a mall near you, was shocked to see the werewolf and nightmare demons just chilling in their horror section. $40 for the werewolf, $35 for the demons, so the usually obscene FYE markup wasn’t in effect.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:19 pm

BBTS sent out the "pre-orer processing soon" email for the Kessler Wolf on Friday. Hopefully that pans out. They sent it to me for the New Blood Jason and a couple months later I realized he'd never hit my Pile of Loot and learned they'd only gotten part of their shipment that time. They got it later though, of course.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:16 pm

FYE? that closed down like 10 yrs ago around here
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:10 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
They recently (within the last year, I think?) did a major rebrand of their stores and opened one in my local mall in 2021. I was shocked to see it since I thought they were pretty much gone.

No more CDs, DVDs, or Blu-Rays except a really, really tiny handful. It’s mostly a pop culture store now with a huge mix of stuff. They have an anime and manga section, horror section, Star Wars section, Pokemon section, etc. They also have a ton of vinyl records which always has people flipping through.

The one near me has a pretty big action figure space at the back of the store with a huge NECA presence. Saw the Rocksteasy and Bebop TMNT game figures, Goliath, Kessler Wolf and demons, and all the evergreen stuff like horror figures. Lots of Diamond Select figures too.

I know the old stores were also a mix of everything but the new ones have really focused on collectibles while dumping everything else. Lots of new signage and rebranding too.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:55 pm

I'm hearing that some folks are finding the Halloween II Myers vs Loomis pack in stores. Haven't seen it here in Houston, but I hope I find it soon!!!!!
Toy Hound
Customized

Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:02 pm

So….. anyone else ready for that ALF pre-order?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:45 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:10 pm
Night Wolf wrote:
They recently (within the last year, I think?) did a major rebrand of their stores and opened one in my local mall in 2021. I was shocked to see it since I thought they were pretty much gone.

No more CDs, DVDs, or Blu-Rays except a really, really tiny handful. It’s mostly a pop culture store now with a huge mix of stuff. They have an anime and manga section, horror section, Star Wars section, Pokemon section, etc. They also have a ton of vinyl records which always has people flipping through.

The one near me has a pretty big action figure space at the back of the store with a huge NECA presence. Saw the Rocksteasy and Bebop TMNT game figures, Goliath, Kessler Wolf and demons, and all the evergreen stuff like horror figures. Lots of Diamond Select figures too.

I know the old stores were also a mix of everything but the new ones have really focused on collectibles while dumping everything else. Lots of new signage and rebranding too.
Yeah, FYE never went away where I live. Of course, part of that is I live near NH which does not have a sales tax so their malls are still doing okay as they get a lot of business from out of state shoppers. One FYE has been open for decades, while another location at a separate mall closed and reopened in a smaller space. They are a pop culture shop now and they basically only carry select new Blu Rays and mostly specialize in collectibles. They're basically GameStop without the games. Pretty severe markup too on a lot of product. The NECA video game TMNT figures are usually 35 bucks a piece, except Baxter who is 45 I think. As a result, I almost never buy anything when I'm in one. Last thing I bought was a Space Jam Blu Ray for my kids over the summer that was like 8 bucks or something.
DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

General NECA Talk

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:15 am

Finally found Halloween Kills Mikey. They had two at a Target here in Houston.

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:25 am

So this weekend then? Or more spread out as has generally been the case since they stopped going to shows?

Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:02 am

edit: will do a horror thread

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”