MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion and Titanium Man pics

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader
Location: I'm with Iron Man.
Posts: 19344
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:10 am

I’m still really anxious to see pictures of Titanium Man that show him assembled correctly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8743
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:17 pm

Akatsuki wrote:I’m still really anxious to see pictures of Titanium Man that show him assembled correctly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. It’s wild that he’s (maybe) just around the corner and we’ve yet to see the figure as it’s meant to look.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 39096
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm

No sign of SCIM on my end...

So I appreciate that they included this Kid Loki with the recent Loki figure. But why would the sculpt it so it can't stand on its own? It even wilts eventually when it's attached to the included stand. The center of gravity is way off. It's a statue, it has one job. It's this kind of thing that drives me up the wall.
User avatar
Oreomega
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:47 pm

Image

Got the new Loki in and I love it. But, just cuz I’m a curious scamp, I wanted to see if it would be possible to chop him up a bit so I could fudge him into my 1/12 display and I think I got pretty darn close.

He’s still a little tall and might scale better with Mezco or larger 6 inch, but I wouldn’t put it past Loki to magically add an inch or two to his height to appear more godlike to his adversaries so this works for me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: DC
Posts: 18551
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:48 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:12 pm

He's going in my 6" villains display without mods. He's an Asgardian, surely that buys him some height and bulk.
User avatar
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3589
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:43 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:36 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:He's going in my 6" villains display without mods. He's an Asgardian, surely that buys him some height and bulk.
Asgardian, Frost Giant or trickster the excuses abound! Scale nazis be damned!
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 39096
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:03 pm

It’s not the height preventing me from fitting him into ML. It’s the aesthetic of the more detailed sculpt and paint that would stick out to me more than his height. He really wouldn’t blend in.
User avatar
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:09 pm

He's not that much bigger than Classic Loki. Build wise, he's actually smaller. Just a touch taller.ImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 22235
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:19 pm

NORM wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:03 pm
It’s not the height preventing me from fitting him into ML. It’s the aesthetic of the more detailed sculpt and paint that would stick out to me more than his height. He really wouldn’t blend in.
Do you have Ulik? They both have the same sculpted chain mail and it's similar in color as well. Loki would look great with him. I know Loki was being "good" when dressed like this, but still...

And honestly, most of the Asgardians do have unique sculpts. From Bor to Thor to Angela.
User avatar
Oreomega
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 am

MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Thwiptster wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:He's going in my 6" villains display without mods. He's an Asgardian, surely that buys him some height and bulk.
Asgardian, Frost Giant or trickster the excuses abound! Scale nazis be damned!
Haha I’m definitely not a scale nazi; if a figure of a character is approximately as tall as the character “should” be more or less than I’m fine. For my collection tho, I felt like Loki should be slightly shorter that’s all.Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Oreomega
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 am

MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:06 pm

GUTS_2010 wrote:He's not that much bigger than Classic Loki. Build wise, he's actually smaller. Just a touch taller.ImageImageImage

Can’t speak for everyone, but for me I felt that a Loki with the body type of the select should be slightly shorter in 6” scale compared to the body of t bulkier classic Loki.
User avatar
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:04 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:11 pm

So did anyone pick up Ironman?
User avatar
CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2717
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:29 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:49 pm

If you are seeking some alternatives for your Marvel Select Immortal Hulk, check out this Buscema head from Brian Sons on Facebook. He was able to enlarge the ML Faceoff Hulk head in a green flexible resin. Swaps on and off easily. You can find him on Facebook on the Onyx World: Custom Action Figures & News group.

Image
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:37 pm


CaptainRon wrote:If you are seeking some alternatives for your Marvel Select Immortal Hulk, check out this Buscema head from Brian Sons on Facebook. He was able to enlarge the ML Faceoff Hulk head in a green flexible resin. Swaps on and off easily. You can find him on Facebook on the Onyx World: Custom Action Figures & News group.

Image
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a batch on the way myself. Here's a link to his store.

https://onyxphoenixproductions.ecrater. ... heads?sp=1

CP, which size did you have there? I went with the smaller ones.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

User avatar
CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2717
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:29 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:00 pm

GUTS_2010 wrote:
CaptainRon wrote:If you are seeking some alternatives for your Marvel Select Immortal Hulk, check out this Buscema head from Brian Sons on Facebook. He was able to enlarge the ML Faceoff Hulk head in a green flexible resin. Swaps on and off easily. You can find him on Facebook on the Onyx World: Custom Action Figures & News group.

Image
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a batch on the way myself. Here's a link to his store.

https://onyxphoenixproductions.ecrater. ... heads?sp=1

CP, which size did you have there? I went with the smaller ones.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
Yeah this is the smaller one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”





Recent Topics