Jakks Pacific World of Nintendo Figures

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Jakks Pacific World of Nintendo Figures

Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:17 pm

The coin is the World of Springfield clipboard of this toy line.
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:27 pm

Been looking for a standard Toad for ages, they've been clogging the shelves with yellow and blue Toads, but I still needed regular Toad. Was at Target a couple of days ago, and mixed in with the Penguin Mario was 1 standard Toad! His articulation is nearly nonexistent but I don't care, I finally have a damn Toad for my Nintendo collection!

I've yet to find a Peach in store anywhere, and I still haven't picked up any Yoshis, mostly cuz I'm salty about his lack of elbow or knee articulation, and I understand that they just keep re-releasing 10 year old figures that don't really live up to the newer stuff, and they most definitely are not gonna make a new Yoshi when they are happy cranking out the old one, but that still may be the hill I'm willing to die on.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:10 am

Nik wrote:
Been looking for a standard Toad for ages, they've been clogging the shelves with yellow and blue Toads, but I still needed regular Toad. Was at Target a couple of days ago, and mixed in with the Penguin Mario was 1 standard Toad! His articulation is nearly nonexistent but I don't care, I finally have a damn Toad for my Nintendo collection!

I've yet to find a Peach in store anywhere, and I still haven't picked up any Yoshis, mostly cuz I'm salty about his lack of elbow or knee articulation, and I understand that they just keep re-releasing 10 year old figures that don't really live up to the newer stuff, and they most definitely are not gonna make a new Yoshi when they are happy cranking out the old one, but that still may be the hill I'm willing to die on.
I think your best bet for Peach is the 3 pack that’s available online with Mario and Luigi. They haven’t rereleased that single version in forever. I just recently got the set for that reason.
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:36 am

Boy Wonder wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:10 am
Nik wrote:

I think your best bet for Peach is the 3 pack that’s available online with Mario and Luigi. They haven’t rereleased that single version in forever. I just recently got the set for that reason.
Yeah, I've been avoiding getting that one because I have no need for a third Mario (I have the Bowser 2 pack one and the one with Cappy) or a 2nd Luigi, but you're right I should just bite the bullet.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Bite the Bullet Bill.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:54 am

Damn look at the variety in the 2.5” line.

Boom Boom, Spike, Rosalina, Daisy??

Then the 4” line is re-releases and repaints.
Boy Wonder

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:42 am

Yeah, seeing the variety that is starting to show up in the 2.5” line coupled with Sonic getting so many of his supporting cast in the first couple years is pretty frustrating.

At least with the Koopa Kids the trend has looked like they’d get a 2.5” release and then a 4”, but Wendy is nowhere to be seen and who knows how they’d manage Roy and Morton. Maybe the new Walmart line will have more box space for them? Same for Rosalina.

I guess it’s nice they’re rereleasing DK for anyone who needs him, but LORD he needs a new head. And doesn’t look like my long standing hope of a improved DK being paired with a K. Rool is happening.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 am

Man, last time I saw that DK I was standing in the aisles of a TRU. Been a while.

It's one thing to release a sought after fan favorite; it's another to put out an absolute dinosaur of a release at modern MSRP. DK needed a Mk2 version.
BDCdiesel
Dremel Samurai

Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:28 pm

jimbles wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 am
Man, last time I saw that DK I was standing in the aisles of a TRU. Been a while.

It's one thing to release a sought after fan favorite; it's another to put out an absolute dinosaur of a release at modern MSRP. DK needed a Mk2 version.
Same here. I never really liked the look of him. Is DK really that big? I know in Smash Bros there was certain levels where you had to fight a giant one. I'm hoping they do a better release one day.
snikt6384
Super Poseable

Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:10 am

I said it on Toyshiz's Instagram post as well but I gotta say it again. Wounds my heart that the Rosalina is 2.5. I woulda grabbed that IMMEDIATELY for my Smash display. Sigh. This line doesn't want me to buy new figures.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:28 pm

Only been grabbing the 2.5" to supplement my 5", but grabbed Wendy the other day...how expensive/difficult would it be for me to track down at least the rest of the Kids in 2.5"? Just to have them complete separate from the rest of my collection.
Boy Wonder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:19 am

I think Roy is going to be pretty difficult to grab. I think he only showed up at GameStop.

Isn’t there a multipack coming soon with all the ones released so far? Might be your best bet.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:27 pm

Crap.

Is there? *shrugs* Should I return Wendy, then? She's still sealed...
Boy Wonder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:47 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:27 pm
Crap.

Is there? *shrugs* Should I return Wendy, then? She's still sealed...

I misspoke. It’s just these 5.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:49 pm

And of course, no Roy, who's going for $100 on eBay right now...

(But thank you. I think I might return the single pack of her, then...)

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”