Ghostbusters: Everything else

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters: Everything else

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:26 pm

Any recommendations on the right color paints to give the RGB "vintage" their collars & cuffs? I know the all-plain is accurate to true vintage, but I don't like it. I haven't looked into Citadel yet (my preferred brand), but was wondering if anyone knew any perfect-or-close-enough-as-is colors without having to mix anything.

Also, the only way to get the streams out of the wands is to break them, yes? Even if they hadn't all disappeared from pegs recently, I can neither afford nor justify another $60 to just alter the packs... :|
dchimpy
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:24 pm

So no Ghostbusters panel at Hasbro Fan Fest. Is the Plasma Series done? Any chance of another series, G2 costumes, or even a reissue of Egon since he's so pricey on the secondary market? Has anyone heard anything from Hasbro?
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 pm

Gotta think the line is dead or paused pending the success of the new movie.
GuruAskew
CROM!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:40 pm

They seem to want to keep most of the plot of the movie secret. They only released that clip of the mini-pufts because the cereal box let the cat out of the bag.

One of the toy boxes showing the children in the movie suited up (I believe it was one of the Fright Features Ecto box) leaked months ago, but so far that’s it. If Rudd and the classic Ghostbusters appear in a toy-friendly way then it’s been successfully kept under wraps which 100% explains why they haven’t teased any other figures.

I don’t know why people have such a hard time understanding what’s going on with this line. The movie should have been released nearly a year ago. It should already be on video. There is undoubtedly a warehouse full of Afterlife toys that will collect dust for an extra 15 months or whatever. Read the news. We’re in the middle of a [email protected]#$ pandemic. The movie was delayed for over a year. The wonky merch release is a perfect reflection of the wonky release of the film itself.

Here’s what you can expect: a children’s book or a coloring book or something is going to leak and it’s going to ruin whatever secrets they’re trying to keep and then they’re going to release a clip and allow all the licensees to show the shit from the clip. Just like with the cereal box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dchimpy
Avengers Assemble

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:35 am

Yeah, I feel for anyone that had a toy licensing deal tied to a theatrical release during the pandemic. I just regret not jumping on these figures last winter, cause the prices for Egon now are crazy.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:09 am

I would say to keep looking for him out in the wild. That's how I found my Egon and Winston.

I think they're available on Mexico's Amazon store, so you might wanna try there.

Yeah, the line has been put on hold, as the movie was too. Hopefully Sony doesn't move the film again, and then we'll start seeing the toys appear. Hopefully we get more Plasma Series figures too.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 24, 2021 7:57 pm

I just got e-mails that the Kenner Retro Toilet Ghost and Eye Popping Ghost I had pre ordered from Wal-Mart.com have shipped. They actually came in before the date Wal-Mart had estimated.

So anyone who had them pre ordered, be on the lookout.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 25, 2021 6:04 am

I got my Bug Eye Ghost today, but nothing else has shipped. To my great shock, the card was in great condition! I was expecting it to be trashed.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 pm

Bug-Eye and Toilet Ghost arrived. Cards were in great shape, but I didn't get these two in particular to keep carded. They got opened with the quickness. The eye does not pop, no matter how I press or smack the back of his body. I don't think there's a tight enough seal in the socket for it to push the eye out with any force, unfortunately.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 26, 2021 2:31 am

My ghosts shipped Monday & are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I can't believe I'm about to own the Toilet Ghost. I wanted it so bad when I was a lad.

Ecto-1 has yet to ship.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spinc
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 27, 2021 7:11 pm

Hopefully they restock the RGB figures too, since I never saw them in my area.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 28, 2021 2:50 pm

I almost reordered Bug Eye because he was in stock and my preorder had not shipped, but I just got the shipping notice for both ghosts.
My toy buying days were coming to an end when the original RGB line was active, so I never owned anything past the four GBs, Stay-Puft and Slimer. I always thought about picking up some from eBay. Hope more releases are coming. This is one of the few re-release lines I've been really excited about.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”