From the mind of Grins....

Looking for custom figures? Wanna display and get feedback on your finished custom toys? You found the right place. So show off your sculpts, models, customs, and other goods.
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

From the mind of Grins....

Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:01 am

Made with wood, the walls and floors are printed and glued in place. The door isn't secured, because I wanted it to be able to swing open either direction. The box and steps aren't secured so they can move wherever I need them.
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: From the mind of Grins....

Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Just the standard body but with that head from the old S.H.I.E.L.D. trooper and Bucky's BFG.

The only thing I changed about this is giving him a Cobra Trooper rifle and Ultimate Captain America's vest.

I thought this would be a simple part-swap but it needed a tiny bit of modding, which I screwed up and had to mod a lot more. It's Udon Taskmaster right arm and legs, Scourge torso, Legion left arm. The legs are the only thing that needed modding.

Here we go... G.I. Joe Roadblock torso, vest and legs. ToyBiz Luke Cage head with the hair shaved off. X3 Juggernaut helmet with the top cut off so his big noggin could fit, then I sculpted a new top and painted it silver. Cut a faceshield out of the plastic packaging from another figure and glued it in place. The arms are from the Legendary Riders Ultron. I had to trim those to get them to fit on the shoulder balls. I was skeptical that I'd like the Ultron arms but I think they turned out really well. It gives him kind of a monstrous look.
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:42 am

I picked up a couple of the Batman '66 Batcave Playsets. This is what I've done with the first. I started by painting the big orange piece black, because how menacing is a blaze orange evil headquarters? I also found some generic waterslide decals on Etsy. Then I cut out three of the panels and replaced them with acrylic. I covered the wall behind with aluminum tape to reflect as much light as possible. I put lights behind some poly-fill to diffuse the light and lights in the silver bar things on the right side. The lights are a mix of solid yellow, quick blink red, slow RGB and fast RGB. The lights all run off 3 AA batteries.

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:52 pm

Always cool to see some original takes on the Reavers.
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:25 am

All you softgoods haters can suck my softgoods. :wink:

When the Tuskens first went up for sale I thought, They look cool but they're not in my collecting wheelhouse. Then Dorkside had them on sale and I thought, Tempting but no. Every couple of weeks they kept dropping the price and then they also had an additional discount for damaged packaging and I couldn't resist any longer. They looked great, but it's not like the Tuskens have a Cintas nearby where they get all their matching uniforms. I cut off those fugly traffic cone loin cloths and replaced them with random scraps of fabric I had. I took all of their tunics and weathered each one differently. One was soaked in day-old coffee, one was burned and sooted with a lighter, two were put in a cup with watered down paint. I trimmed three of them in different ways, tattered the edges and spattered random shades of browns/blacks/tans on each.
I'm damn pleased with how they turned out.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:44 am

Grins wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:42 am
I picked up a couple of the Batman '66 Batcave Playsets. This is what I've done with the first. I started by painting the big orange piece black, because how menacing is a blaze orange evil headquarters? I also found some generic waterslide decals on Etsy. Then I cut out three of the panels and replaced them with acrylic. I covered the wall behind with aluminum tape to reflect as much light as possible. I put lights behind some poly-fill to diffuse the light and lights in the silver bar things on the right side. The lights are a mix of solid yellow, quick blink red, slow RGB and fast RGB. The lights all run off 3 AA batteries.

Awesome! I bought one of these sets on sale thinking to make it into a cobra lair type of thing. I was 3d printing stuff to add onto this. Stuff like some extra computers, display screens, and etc because the set pieces it came with were a tad small. Then my printer crapped out, and I went back to working on figures.
Seeing yours made inspired to get back to mine. You got something pretty cool here. The lights are the right balance of enough and right placement. It also works for so many different diorama concepts, not just cobra per-se. I mean you could do removable logos for cobra, hydra, or other factions, heck not just that, but i think it could easily pass as an up to date batcave now.
Nice one!
p.s.- I like cloth goods, and i did a cloth goods version of a Tusken, so I really appreciate what you did there. I love their individual looks, and each one is done so well. It makes them that much more realistic, and not a cookie cutter version that you would buy as an army or in this case "tribe" builder. There's something about the colour palate you chose between them that makes me think of the original Kenner figures colour choices. Like the colours used on the Jawas and Obi Wan. I like it. Well done!
I dig the way you think!

Return to “Custom Galleries”