One A Day - Day 356: Fer-de-Lance

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: One A Day - Day 261: Sage

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:08 pm

I'm always tempted to paint Hellfire Jean's hair black and turn her into Sage... so... help me NOT do that by releasing one!

X-Treme outfit. I would also take a re-do on Rogue's X-Treme outfit - that looked like a costume I designed for Rogue back in the day (different colors) so I have a soft spot. :)
puckace
Customized

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:15 pm

Isn't Sage a spice ;) Seriously I've never read anything with this character in it. However picture #7 is quite nice. I wouldn't mind putting that with my X-men.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:36 pm

I like Sage's power set and dig her short hair look. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a costume that thrills me.
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:30 am

puckace wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:15 pm
Isn't Sage a spice ;) Seriously I've never read anything with this character in it. However picture #7 is quite nice. I wouldn't mind putting that with my X-men.
Sage has been described as a computer with boobs, so now you know the character's backstory. :lol:

Both Sage and Nekra can come out in a X-Men wave.
canprime
CROM!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:12 pm

Catch up time again:

Wiccan - Definitely has more exposure lately and would be a likely candidate sooner rather than later. Personally no interest though.

Namorita - New Warriors original look please, and we need more of the original team so please throw her in an upcoming wave please.

Miek - I would say do his larger comic look. His other looks, and MCU, don't appeal to me. Either way I would pass on him.

Morgan Le Fay - While I think she is a good character I don't really have much attachment to her and would pass.

Nekra - Only have a slight notion of her, and I have probably read something recent with her but honestly don't remember. Pass

Sage - Again no attachment to the character. If she is in the comics, or not, I wouldn't notice. Pass
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:15 pm

While I haven’t had much exposure to parsley Sage rosemary and thyme, I wouldn’t say no to her. I think her purple/red hoodie version would serve her well. It strikes me as more individually identifying (from the available looks). Unfortunately Sage is from the era where X-Men were moving away from individual costumed identities and back towards team uniforms. I tend to grow tired of seeing how many different ways and times the letter X can be displayed as part of a costume, or uniform might be more accurate for the X-Men.
ANAD X-Men saw a strong move towards individuality, and that’s something that seems to be disappearing. The Avengers don’t walk around with A’s all over their costumes, nor do the Defenders gave D’s all over their clothes. The X is just overdone. So many of the X-Men now blur together because they lack individuality. Anyway, enough with the mini rant. Back to the thread..
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: One A Day Guest Starring canprime - Day 262: Rancor

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:17 pm

Today's Saturday Guest Star Day installment is brought to you by canprime!

Day 262 - Rancor

Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:23 pm

I'd buy her. :)
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:34 pm

Never even heard of her, and cosmic Marvel just isn't my thing. Stick her in a comic Guardians wave for you who want her, while I pass right on by.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Another Rancor I don't want from Hasbro.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:15 pm

Is Rancor the same Shi'ar race as Deathbird and Lilandra? Or does she just have that Wolverine/Beast hair because it was kewl? I certainly wouldn't ask for her, as this is the first time I've ever seen her.

I would have taken the Rancor from Star Wars though.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:41 pm

NORM wrote:
Is Rancor the same Shi'ar race as Deathbird and Lilandra? Or does she just have that Wolverine/Beast hair because it was kewl? I certainly wouldn't ask for her, as this is the first time I've ever seen her.

She's Wolverines great great great Granddaughter. (not positive on how many greats). I've actually almost made a custom of her several times, but figuring out the finger claws has always baffled me.

Obviously I'm a huge yes on Rancor.

EDIT:

Rancor was born in the alternate 30th Century future of the Guardians of the Galaxy. She was a distant (fifth generation) descendant of the mutant Wolverine and led her own colony of mutants on the planet Haven. On her sixteenth birthday, Rancor clawed her father's beating heart from his chest. Her first act as the new ruler was to enslave the entire human population.[1]
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:56 pm

TFitz wrote:
NORM wrote:

She's Wolverines great great great Granddaughter. (not positive on how many greats). I've actually almost made a custom of her several times, but figuring out the finger claws has always baffled me.

EDIT:

Rancor was born in the alternate 30th Century future of the Guardians of the Galaxy. She was a distant (fifth generation) descendant of the mutant Wolverine and led her own colony of mutants on the planet Haven. On her sixteenth birthday, Rancor clawed her father's beating heart from his chest. Her first act as the new ruler was to enslave the entire human population.[1]
Lady Deathstrike's hands could work, for her. What do you think?
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:08 pm

Basil Elks wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:56 pm
TFitz wrote:
NORM wrote:

EDIT:

Lady Deathstrike's hands could work, for her. What do you think?
Almost? Rancor's fingers don't get longer. L.D.'s has long fingers with small claws on the ends. She may do in a pinch, though.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:42 pm

TFitz wrote:
On her sixteenth birthday, Rancor clawed her father's beating heart from his chest. Her first act as the new ruler was to enslave the entire human population.[1]
So, bad guy then? :?

Sadly I have no attachment to this character, and hadn't heard of her before this, so not on my list.

Been a popular week for plunging necklines though.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics