Best ML casual male civilian body?

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Best ML casual male civilian body?

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:50 pm

I was very excited to see that the character Mayfeld is "in the pipeline" for the Star Wars Black Series.

I liked Mayfeld as a character just fine, but what's REALLY exciting is the idea of having an action figure of one of my favorite stand-ups, Bill Burr. It's just so dopey and goofy that it would be really funny to have on my shelf.

So all I need is a non-SW body, pop the head on, and give him "the ol' right there Fred."

Ol' Billy Redballs usually isn't a suit and tie guy...he's more "business casual." So instead of a suited body, surely there must be a decent casual civilian ML body somewhere, no?

I'm not an expert....but you guys are, so I'm asking you!

I figure even a complete novice like me can customize a tiny little microphone for him, too. Would look really killer next to his double LP......IF I had been able to get a copy. Crap.
Professor
Runs Around in Tights

Re: Best ML casual male civilian body?

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:10 pm

It would require some paint but the Marvel Legends Netflix Luke Cage is just jeans and a t-shirt. It is also not overly ripped as Burr is not a muscle bound super hero so I think it might work out nicely for you. On the plus side that figure does not go for much on eBay.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:43 pm

That is a great base....still a little too buff for Burr, but I'm surprised they showed such restraint in the sculpt in the first place. I think I'd feel a little insulted if I was the guy playing Luke Cage!

The only problem is the obvious difference in skin tone. I'm way too sloppy a painter to make that work. I think it would need an airbrush which I don't have. Good suggestion, though!
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:11 am

I'm planning to do the same and my plan is the ML Coulson body with some mods. Remove the jacket, rework and repaint the arms (sand the shoulders down since they come to points to better fit the jacket overlay) to make it a normal shirt and call it good. The Stan Lee and Retro Peter figures featured an open collar torso so I was planning to steal that piece from them as that's what I picture Bill in most often. Excited to see what you come up with!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

pulpy fiction
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:05 am

I would say that vintage/retro pack peter parker would do well, he is that coulson base, with civilian clothes, and running shoes Image

but i would also say that the j jonah jameson from that line would work as well for his biz casual look on stage as well:

both of those figures can be found easy and for decent prices.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:12 am

Those are good....I think Parker would be nice cause it's no painting....just a head swap.

Jameson would need to lose the vest....tie can probably stay on. It's not like Bill NEVER wears suits and ties; just that he's usually dressed more casually.

Louis CK used to do all his shows in jeans and a t-shirt, then late in his career switched to a full suit. I thought that was interesting. Am I allowed to talk about him here? I know he was "canceled" but I still love his comedy. His "comeback" special (which he had to distribute himself for obvious reasons) had me crying I was laughing so hard.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:55 pm

pulpy fiction wrote:I would say that vintage/retro pack peter parker would do well, he is that coulson base, with civilian clothes, and running shoes Image

but i would also say that the j jonah jameson from that line would work as well for his biz casual look on stage as well:

both of those figures can be found easy and for decent prices.
Ooh, didn't think of Jonah. Him minus the vest and tie with Peter's sneakers would be ideal IMO.

Shoot, I'm glad this thread got made. You just saved me a ton of work from my original plan lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”