G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:46 am

Fly4v wrote:
rwsharpjr wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm
Last week(maybe the week before?) I caughtthe GIJoe assortment in stock for shipping on walmart.com.

I'm caught up with everything at this point, but felt the urge to gamble.
It allowed a max of 2, so I placed an order.

Figured best case, I get two more infantry, worst case, I get two more of anyone else. 1 and 1 would be fine.

Said I'd get 2 day shipping, but they took just about a week to show up.

The box when it arrived was....a little rough.ImageImageImage

But.....I still got lucky.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Geeze, we're on opposite sides of the country but somehow got the same gorilla handler. Image
Glad all your figures came out of it OK. 8)
The box on the one was a little worse than the $18 one I got from amazon warehouse, but not too awful.

Yours ok?

c_money_collins
Customized

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:52 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:27 pm
So now that Timber is coming out. Who do you think the next animal to come out in this line will be?

Polly can be a pack in for a regular-style release of Shipwreck. Polly isn't nearly as large or complicated as Timber to make. What about Junkyard? Snake-Eye with Timber can sell a $40 set. Can Mutt and Junkyard? Maybe they don't have to be $40 and can cost something like $30 instead. Spirit and Freedom seem possible as a normal release. Croc Master and a croc would be a cool $40 but almost seems like something which would be limited to a Cobra Island release.
I just realized that Snake Eyes with Timber was $40. Man, this line is awesome! I love it TOO much!
Fly4v
CROM!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:52 am

maverick10126 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:45 pm
Wow, the Bludd order at the second Target wasn't cancelled. I'll be picking him up this afternoon. I'm really confused. Is this how things are supposed to work? Am I allowed to buy these figures? I still feel like I'm going to show up at the store and it'll be a swapped figure, I'll complain and they will charge me a restocking fee or something.
If you haven't picked up the figure, yet, don't worry Target still has time to cancel your order. :twisted:

I hope they don't. It was a joke.

Target.com is still dead across the board for me, no store pick-ups, no next day delivery and no shipping option. :mrgreen: Closest in-stock is over 2,500 miles away. 8)

Even if Target.com had the shipping option, I still have the sporadic won't ship to your zip code issue to worry about.
Fly4v
CROM!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:58 am

rwsharpjr wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:46 am
Fly4v wrote:
rwsharpjr wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm
Last week(maybe the week before?) I caughtthe GIJoe assortment in stock for shipping on walmart.com.

I'm caught up with everything at this point, but felt the urge to gamble.
It allowed a max of 2, so I placed an order.

Figured best case, I get two more infantry, worst case, I get two more of anyone else. 1 and 1 would be fine.

Said I'd get 2 day shipping, but they took just about a week to show up.

The box when it arrived was....a little rough.ImageImageImage

But.....I still got lucky.

Geeze, we're on opposite sides of the country but somehow got the same gorilla handler. Image
Glad all your figures came out of it OK. 8)
The box on the one was a little worse than the $18 one I got from amazon warehouse, but not too awful.

Yours ok?

Yes, thankfully. I'm usually not a in box collector.
Like yours minor annoying dings.
But getting a damaged order is better than the order disappearing in shipment.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:49 pm

Movie Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Baroness(aka movie wave 1) are released in Hong Kong today.

Robotkingdom had the set for $80, but sold out before I got there.

SS/SE 2pks and single SE are still available for shipping now.

There is also one HK seller on ebay that has the set of 3 for......$499.99(with free FedEx express delivery).

madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:07 pm

I have a feeling these are going to arrive to the US early. The previous release date was probably due to the expected movie date until it was moved up to July. I'm hoping Target ends up fulfilling preorders in July. I have all the figure preordered there except Snake Eyes who I was able to preorder for $5 on Amazon due to a mistake.
mikeysee
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:10 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Movie Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Baroness(aka movie wave 1) are released in Hong Kong today.

There is also one HK seller on ebay that has the set of 3 for......$499.99(with free FedEx express delivery).

I'd recommend staying far away from RobotKingdom. I bought three 90s Chinese carded GI Joes from them and they arrived filthy and bent, with one bubble coming off the card. They're claiming shipping damage and refusing to do anything. My NECA Super Shredder order from them went ok but after this I'll never touch them again. Worthless CS = easy pass.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:12 pm

mikeysee wrote:
rwsharpjr wrote:

I'd recommend staying far away from RobotKingdom. I bought three 90s Chinese carded GI Joes from them and they arrived filthy and bent, with one bubble coming off the card. They're claiming shipping damage and refusing to do anything. My NECA Super Shredder order from them went ok but after this I'll never touch them again. Worthless CS = easy pass.
Oh. Wow. That sucks.

I have only ordered from them once, and received a set of Major Bludd/Viper/Firefly in GREAT shape, wrapped in bubble wrap inside of styrofoam in the box.

rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Ebay seller made me an offer........$479.99.

I'm pretty sure these guys were produced last year they were intendedto be wave 3 and hit October-December last year. I wonder if they only had the one run or if they went back into production now that the movie is already coming.

ETA: BUT he lowered the price to $399??
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:00 pm

This might be a break from the typical discussion but am I the only one who thinks its nuts we haven't gotten the normal Storm Shadow yet in this line?
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:41 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
This might be a break from the typical discussion but am I the only one who thinks its nuts we haven't gotten the normal Storm Shadow yet in this line?
If anything, it’s a *good* thing . . . because it likely means they held back the initial Classified design and now we will get something more akin to Heavy Assault Roadblock or Alpha Commando Snake-Eyes, as opposed to the Bane mask, gauntlets and yakuza tattoos. We definitely desperately need one, though.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:05 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
My theory is that the Storm Shadow art and the version in the Operation Blackout videogame was going to be his Classified design but I think Hasbro has been reading feedback on the design choices and redesigning some of the future figures to be closer to their classic look. One example is the Operation Blackout version of Lady Jaye has gold shin and knee armor. The version of LJ we got as a figure abandoned these concepts and is much more in line with her classic design. Then we got an entirely new Roadblock and Snake Eyes that is more ARAH classic inspired. I think we might get an entirely different Storm Shadow that will be more V1 inspired.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:18 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 pm
Ebay seller made me an offer........$479.99.

I'm pretty sure these guys were produced last year they were intendedto be wave 3 and hit October-December last year. I wonder if they only had the one run or if they went back into production now that the movie is already coming.

ETA: BUT he lowered the price to $399??
And then Robotkingdom is selling movie Snake Eyes for $23.99 and it's still in stock. Not going to bite because shipping will probably be almost as much as the figure but I'm sure we will start to see early reviews of these figures very soon.
https://www.robotkingdom.com/g-i-joe/e8515.html
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:30 pm

madflava wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:05 pm
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
My theory is that the Storm Shadow art and the version in the Operation Blackout videogame was going to be his Classified design but I think Hasbro has been reading feedback on the design choices and redesigning some of the future figures to be closer to their classic look. One example is the Operation Blackout version of Lady Jaye has gold shin and knee armor. The version of LJ we got as a figure abandoned these concepts and is much more in line with her classic design. Then we got an entirely new Roadblock and Snake Eyes that is more ARAH classic inspired. I think we might get an entirely different Storm Shadow that will be more V1 inspired.
That could be true. Though, outside of their weapons and some color choices, the first releases for Snake-Eyes and Roadblock are fairly faithful updates of Snake-Eyes '85 and Roadblock '86.
Fly4v
CROM!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:42 am

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
No, I thought we would have seen a general release of the normal Storm Shadow after the Arctic Storm Shadow was on Amazon.

I do wonder if we are going to get a deluxe Storm Shadow like the first release of Snake-eyes.

Also, Since the new GI Joe movie looks to be a ninja film. I hope articulated icons releases the roof tops again.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”