G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
mikeysee
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:33 pm

My Pulse Firefly showed up today. Not bad for a figure I ordered less than a week ago, and my Bludd should be here in the next couple days.

This is the first time I've actually seen this figure in person and it doesn't disappoint. I'll still prefer the inevitable classic look whenever it comes out but this is still a cool oddity to have in the collection!

Now I just need Pulse to drop more Vipers.
vicious7171
CROM!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:44 pm

Glad to see new people getting into the line. I was really glad to see that the full wave 1 reissue, including Destro (who was hard to find), is available at most of these sites. Same with Cobra Infantry, even if it's preorders at $22.99.

Cobra Island just being the rotten fruit that needs to be cut off the vine and replaced by fan channel exclusives like this new Snake Eyes.

RE: ordering on Pulse, one time they sent me a Power Rangers Lighting Collection promo art with my order of PW figs, and now it feels like half the reason I order there is hoping they send me another cool promotional item.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:45 pm

Wow, the Bludd order at the second Target wasn't cancelled. I'll be picking him up this afternoon. I'm really confused. Is this how things are supposed to work? Am I allowed to buy these figures? I still feel like I'm going to show up at the store and it'll be a swapped figure, I'll complain and they will charge me a restocking fee or something.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:12 pm

I noticed with the new Commando Snake Eyes that his two new guns have holes in the barrels that will allow you to add fire or smoke effect. Problem is that you don't get these effects with any Classified figures. I have a few from the Target exclusive Black Widow I picked up on clearance that work with Flint's shotgun. I'm assuming they will also work with the new Snake Eye's guns. Just another reminder that Hasbro should release a weapons pack with repaints of the guns that have been released, add some new guns that are 1/12 scaled versions of the classic 3.75 guns, and add some fire effects. I guarantee something like this would sell.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:23 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Wow, the Bludd order at the second Target wasn't cancelled. I'll be picking him up this afternoon. I'm really confused. Is this how things are supposed to work? Am I allowed to buy these figures? I still feel like I'm going to show up at the store and it'll be a swapped figure, I'll complain and they will charge me a restocking fee or something.
You were able to place two Bludd orders online, and they didn't cancel one on you? Last last night, I saw a Bludd pop into stock at a Target I only hit once every few years. Not exactly the worst trip to get to, but it is not in my normal circle of operations. I'm looking for two Bludds for friends, so I figure I'd do one of them a favor. Ordered it for pickup. A little while later, Bludd pops up at a different store. I order one there as well. And a separate, second order at this different Target. I figure I'll just cancel the first order and get two at one store. They canceled my 2nd and 3rd orders. He popped up at other stores, so I tried there as well but they just immediately cancel any orders past the first. I'll give them credit. They are indeed limiting him online. Surprised you were able to place more than one order.

Oh, the irony is my initial order did indeed get fulfilled. I was certain it would cancel too, as it was only 1 in-stock. I hit up a different, new Target, which I don't normally go to (price is higher there and you had to pay for parking) as it said they had 5 in-stock in the morning. Went over there about 15 minutes after opening and they had 4 on the pegs. Was able to get two for my friends. Now, I just have to cancel that original pickup order.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:27 pm

So now that Timber is coming out. Who do you think the next animal to come out in this line will be?

Polly can be a pack in for a regular-style release of Shipwreck. Polly isn't nearly as large or complicated as Timber to make. What about Junkyard? Snake-Eye with Timber can sell a $40 set. Can Mutt and Junkyard? Maybe they don't have to be $40 and can cost something like $30 instead. Spirit and Freedom seem possible as a normal release. Croc Master and a croc would be a cool $40 but almost seems like something which would be limited to a Cobra Island release.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:47 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:23 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
You were able to place two Bludd orders online, and they didn't cancel one on you? Last last night, I saw a Bludd pop into stock at a Target I only hit once every few years. Not exactly the worst trip to get to, but it is not in my normal circle of operations. I'm looking for two Bludds for friends, so I figure I'd do one of them a favor. Ordered it for pickup. A little while later, Bludd pops up at a different store. I order one there as well. And a separate, second order at this different Target. I figure I'll just cancel the first order and get two at one store. They canceled my 2nd and 3rd orders. He popped up at other stores, so I tried there as well but they just immediately cancel any orders past the first. I'll give them credit. They are indeed limiting him online. Surprised you were able to place more than one order.

Oh, the irony is my initial order did indeed get fulfilled. I was certain it would cancel too, as it was only 1 in-stock. I hit up a different, new Target, which I don't normally go to (price is higher there and you had to pay for parking) as it said they had 5 in-stock in the morning. Went over there about 15 minutes after opening and they had 4 on the pegs. Was able to get two for my friends. Now, I just have to cancel that original pickup order.
No, I worded it poorly. Placed one...they cancelled it and gave me the option for a different store. That one went though.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:05 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
So now that Timber is coming out. Who do you think the next animal to come out in this line will be?

Polly can be a pack in for a regular-style release of Shipwreck. Polly isn't nearly as large or complicated as Timber to make. What about Junkyard? Snake-Eye with Timber can sell a $40 set. Can Mutt and Junkyard? Maybe they don't have to be $40 and can cost something like $30 instead. Spirit and Freedom seem possible as a normal release. Croc Master and a croc would be a cool $40 but almost seems like something which would be limited to a Cobra Island release.
There literally isn't a single animal-companion style Joes figure I won't buy. Mutt & Junkyard, Law & Order, Crocmaster, my personal favorite Spearhead and Max because the idea of training a bobcat is HILARIOUS.... I hope they go to town. I'd buy a whole overpriced animal sidekick wave.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:47 am

Ash Talon wrote:

I imagine the next big animal (that would be articulated) is probably, what, Croc Master's...er...croc? Maybe Junkyard? I'd love Mutt and Junkyard. Love that guy.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:01 am

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:47 am
Ash Talon wrote:

I imagine the next big animal (that would be articulated) is probably, what, Croc Master's...er...croc? Maybe Junkyard? I'd love Mutt and Junkyard. Love that guy.
I need Deep Six with his Dolphin!!

Seriously though, Croc Master and Croc, Mutt and Junkyard, Dusty and Sandstorm, or Spirit and his Eagle would be the most logical next Figure and animal companion sets.

I really do want that damn dolphin though.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:01 am

Ash Talon wrote:

I would love to get Croc Master next but he seems like a figure they could hold off on until later down the road. I think Shipwreck with Polly would be a good guess. Not sure if they would give polly articulated wings but it would be cool to see them try. Law and Order would be great too. Who doesn't want an articulated German Shepherd figure?
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:04 am

Maybe Alley Viper, and his shield....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:14 am

GameStop put up it's preorder around 6pm. It has Free Shipping. Geez took them long enough.
https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectib ... 20279.html

I guess Amazon isn't going to carry it?
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:21 am

madflava wrote:GameStop put up it's preorder around 6pm. It has Free Shipping. Geez took them long enough.
https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectib ... 20279.html
It's been up.at bestbuy.com for a while now also, with free shipping as well.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hasbro-cla ... Id=6444131

Fly4v
CROM!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 am

rwsharpjr wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm
Last week(maybe the week before?) I caughtthe GIJoe assortment in stock for shipping on walmart.com.

I'm caught up with everything at this point, but felt the urge to gamble.
It allowed a max of 2, so I placed an order.

Figured best case, I get two more infantry, worst case, I get two more of anyone else. 1 and 1 would be fine.

Said I'd get 2 day shipping, but they took just about a week to show up.

The box when it arrived was....a little rough.ImageImageImage

But.....I still got lucky.

Geeze, we're on opposite sides of the country but somehow got the same gorilla handler. :lol:
Glad all your figures came out of it OK. 8)

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics