Marvel Legends role play items

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends role play items

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Eye of Agamotto

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:13 pm

Welp, don't know how I couldn't find this.

Sorry, mods. Go ahead & delete my thread. :|
razzer99
Super Poseable

Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:35 pm

There's a tesseract prop and now the eye of agomoto is a possibility. So now I kinda want all the infinity stone macguffins. Loki's Scepter and GotG Orb are easy. Not sure what to do about Reality or Soul stones though. Red slime and a yellow jolly rancher?
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:41 pm

The Aether's easy.

Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:46 pm

For anyone looking, Gamestop's Daily Deal has some big discounts for the War Machine and Ant-Man helmets.

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectib ... 03939.html
https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectib ... 72048.html
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:47 am

Seriously, Gamestop!?

"Item out of stock in your area" so I can't order it for shipping?

I'd love to grab that $35 Ant-Man helmet. WTF.

EDIT: Also, "No availability within15 miles.12186 Highway 92 Woodstock, GA 30188." I live in IL, not GA. I click "Change Store," and it already shows my local store in IL, and I even re-type the zip code in, and says "Try a different radius." okay, fine, but then when I close that pop-up, it still shows the Georgia store.
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:16 am

I finally got my hands on Mjolnir (thanks Zavvi sale). It's great, but... I was expecting it to be bigger. I am no man-mountain by any means, but I think in my head I just built it up as belonging to someone that is one. I'm not disappointed. Not by any means. It was just funny to hold it and feel that way.

I'm sure the comic version is a bit bigger though, given Thor's size in the comics.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 8:30 pm

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 6:46 pm

The gauntlet is cool and the removeable stones make it a must have.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:42 pm

whatevaevaeva
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:12 am

Interested to see what the stealth shield looks like in real life. I'm a little thrown by how light the blues are, though that's probably because the shield was exclusively seen at night and in shadow in the movie.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:39 am

Those shield are a great buy. I hope that Hasbro had a look that the actual prop for the color.
But, that blue looks about right based on the automotive paint that I used for my Winter Soldier shield.

Other than the small rivets on the backside of the shield those things are almost perfect especially if you put on actual leather straps.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:54 am

I've never really wanted one of these life-sized Marvel items, but I've had such a soft spot for Cap's stealth shield since it first showed up on screen, that one could potentially pull me in.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:12 pm

Has anyone seen enough Cap shields to have an opinion about which is the best? I'm interested in one, but with so many Legends versions and third-party versions I wish there was a comparison of the versions. I'd probably go for an expensive metal version if it was high enough quality, which is why I'm intrigued by but skeptical of the Etsy customs--Etsy crafters are infamous for quality problems.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:26 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:12 pm
Has anyone seen enough Cap shields to have an opinion about which is the best? I'm interested in one, but with so many Legends versions and third-party versions I wish there was a comparison of the versions. I'd probably go for an expensive metal version if it was high enough quality, which is why I'm intrigued by but skeptical of the Etsy customs--Etsy crafters are infamous for quality problems.
I assume best, as most accurate?

They weren't mass produced but the best shields were made by a gentleman called Chris Fields on The RPF "replica prop forum".

His final shield was turned front and back with a machined engraved star. I think he did both aluminum and eventually a titanium shield.

https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/t ... ad.152038/

There is also some good information toward the end on improving the appearance of the Hasbro Shields.
Spoiler! :
Edit:
Do you want the shield as wall hanger or to use?

After making a couple of shields. I still think the Hasbros are the ones to go with if you can overlook the inaccuracies. The Hasbro was a great improvement over the ABS airsoft shields with their too large of a star.

Below is the back of a stunt movie shield that was sold at auction. Please note the hardware "a type of secure Allen key" and regular screw on the leather straps, the shapes of the buckles and no rivets holding the rings together like on the Hasbro.

Even if you don't want to change out the vinyl for leather there needs to be some changes in the hardware.

The benefit of the Hasbro 75th anniversary limited edition shield was it was metal and it didn't have rivets holding the rings together. It also had the spun machined look on the surface. It still needed the straps and hardware changed out. The problem was it didn't have the separate engraved rings between the silver and red on the front. As it was limited edition and more costly.

The plastic Hasbro shields were inexpensive but well built. Had the groves between the red and silver rings on the front. The first ones were missing some lines on the stars and had those rivets on the back.

The lines in the star can be engraved with a diamond file. The spun detail can be accomplished with sandpaper and if so inclined the rivets can be removed filled, sanded and repainted.

Very little work is actually required and you have a shield that you don't mind handing to a little kid or wearing in a crowd.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”