Transformers War For Cybertron: Siege

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Transformers War For Cybertron: Siege

Sat May 01, 2021 4:19 am

Man I want to love these more....

Oh that big monkey...his torso will not hold together for anything. It’s so crazy trying to get all the tabs and slots to hold together. I can’t fit the life of me figure out how that head should rest for Apeface. It looks wrong.

Actually I will live with it. I love these guys!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Re: Transformers War For Cybertron: Siege

Sat May 01, 2021 11:58 am

That looks like fun, Prophet! I also love those figures. I bought an extra of each just for fiddling around. I also like their robot and jet modes. Decepticon Headmasters, heck, this whole year’s worth of characters (along with the Terrorcons) are among the best TF has to offer!
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 02, 2021 9:50 pm

Am I the only one who wants a downscaled Jetfire?

He's a pretty big deal on the Netflix shows, but he's not nearly the size of the figure scalewise.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Sun May 02, 2021 11:09 pm

I'd rather have bigger versions of the other characters to make Jetfire's scale match up
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 5:37 pm

So that Siege Prime is getting another repaint. This time with a Premium finish that bumps the price up to basically leader class. While I like the colors, I’m not sure what’s in the paint to justify such a huge leap in price. At least throw in the trailer. I think I’ll wait for a sale at $30.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Fri May 14, 2021 7:36 pm

I think that premium finish looks like garbage doo doo.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun May 16, 2021 7:24 pm

Premium Finish looks great to me. Can't wait for Shockwave and Magnus. The SIEGE figures already had cool paint deco so it's a bit of an odd choice, but I still think I will buy these. Looks like a step up and hopefully some Earthrise stuff shows up, overall just great to have another option. I would love to see Jetfire and Doubledealer in there. Maybe Earthrise Optimus - I wonder if they would include a painted trailer.
Slixta wrote:

He's a pretty big deal on the Netflix shows, but he's not nearly the size of the figure scalewise.
It's meant to reflect the 80s cartoon where he was pretty damn huge.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 10:15 pm

The only thing that bugs me about this premium paint thing is why is it so expensive for a repaint? All the other repaints were relatively the same voyager price. Is this new paint that expensive to boost the price to the leader $50 range? Imagine if they make show accurate colors and boost the price of each toy to the price range of the series above it. That doesn’t sound good to me and I worry that somebody at Hasbro is thinking this is a good idea.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 12:41 am

Because it’s Takara’s pricing. These will be imported from Japan, Hasbro isn’t making these.
The improvements made aren’t enough for me to buy figures that I already own a second time at higher prices.

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 2:04 am

Ah so that’s it. I missed it was an import. Maybe there’s a chance of it being released by Hasbro later. Wasn’t Nemesis in a similar situation before?
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 am

MagnusPrimal wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:41 am
Because it’s Takara’s pricing. These will be imported from Japan, Hasbro isn’t making these.
The improvements made aren’t enough for me to buy figures that I already own a second time at higher prices.

Agree it looks like a very thin wash applied, a few details like changing the yellow and then some dark splatter around the upper thighs and green windshield with some cracks. Nice touches but not worth that bump.
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon May 17, 2021 5:27 am

It's like the new Henkei which is a good thing in my opinion. Personally I really like the NetFlix decos and am happy with that, but it's nice to have another door open with more opportunities to get a character with a different aesthetic. Also, if Takara is doing their own thing I wonder if it could open the door to some of the Headmasters and Masterforce/Victory characters some people want.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 6:37 am

Ro-El wrote:Ah so that’s it. I missed it was an import. Maybe there’s a chance of it being released by Hasbro later. Wasn’t Nemesis in a similar situation before?
Yes, but I believe NP is technically a different character from Takara’s version. And the paint decos aren’t the same.
You will probably (possibly?) be able to buy these on Hasbro Pulse, but at the higher prices. It’s hard to tell if Hasbro will actually do their own versions of these.

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 10:37 am

ditko wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:24 pm
Slixta wrote:

It's meant to reflect the 80s cartoon where he was pretty damn huge.
I mean I get that, but I just feel like he's just too damn big.

I just want one that's a little/lot more playable...
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:50 pm

Siege Toy-style Refraktor set looks to be getting a release at the end of the year:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/97646

I have a set of 3 of the regular retail release but I'm definitely hoping on this as I've always wanted the update to the original toys. Plus, the Reflector bots are army builders on the Decepticon side, so having two Reflector sets in the display isn't a problem.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”