G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
c_money_collins
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun May 16, 2021 2:10 pm

Got super lucky! Over slept and got to Target at 0820. Another collector was there and said there were still two in the back. I super nice Target associate went back and got me a Bludd! He did say they were told jot to put them out until 30 May. It wasn’t register locked though.
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 16, 2021 4:02 pm

Found him this morning. It’s judgment time.

He tried to escape.

Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Went to my target this morning as I had to get a new microwave. Saw one of the workers stocking stuff. No Bludd but he scan the barcode and said they'll be coming in on the 20th. He said he'd be working that day and they should be out by 8am.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun May 16, 2021 4:58 pm

No such luck for me. I did walk into a store which had four figures and four guys were there before me. I watched their transaction take place.

Target employee holding three walks up to two guys. I asked employee if he has more. These are my last ones and I’m giving them to these guest. I ask the two guys can I get on of those from you. I only saw two guys one holding three figures.

One of the guys says we’re reselling. At this point a third walks up. The other guy there originally but not holding the figures in hand makes motion to entertain my request. He states I already have one and I was going to sell this one. He grabs his phone to look at eBay.

I pulled out my wallet to see what cash I had. The guy holding the figures said “this guy whipped out his wallet”. Previous to this that guy had a conversation with the Target employee who was ignoring me now. Words the extent of how to get more using appropriate means transpired. I called his store manager. That guy said some things he should not have. Seemed as if he was in on the resell transactions.

I had only $40. His friend starts talking to him as to discourage this. Then the fourth really big dude in a long beard comes up almost as if to tell them they had places to be. He was holding a Major Bludd. I told the kid “you are going to want $100 which is the average on eBay now.” I told him I was not going to pay this.

Now his friends were all head ducking and trying to talk him out of this. Thinking back, it may be against store policy or the law to have that conversation I was having. The kid was debating with his fellows. I see it goes for $100 but I was going to do a little less since I have one. Granted no one had paid for anything yet. We were discussing in aisle between electronics and toys. No other guest around so it was kind of isolated.

Sensing his pressure he was feeling and that big guy was giving impatient vibes. I told the kid I was going to try other Targets. He wished me luck. He seemed genuinely interested in helping but I could see the peer pressure of the other “resellers” weighing on him. I can hear them in the car if he took my $40. “You idiot you could have paid $25 and made possibly $100.” I do not look down on anyone who has $100 and wants to pay that kid. I hope the other three get explosive Diarrhea. I am sure I feel that way because one showed a thought for another person. The others seemed more cold.

The store boss was not happy with my report of the employee. She said this would be a learning opportunity. She also said that guy working toys isn’t usually in that department. I may have just witnessed one of those employees on the take. Four guys from same party getting information on which stores to go to and call in advance. Telling them he could get them to hold them.

I asked the Target employee if I could know where one might be since he seemed to share where others might be. He even told the other guy it may be worth the drive just call in advance. I was ignored.

Oh well. It was an experience I had not had before. I don’t want to vilify a person but that felt cold.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeetahPahkah
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun May 16, 2021 4:59 pm

I got to a Target about 30 mins after open yesterday, called on the way there. Employee said they had 6, but didn't seem willing to put one aside or anything (understandable), but implied they'd be on the toy aisle.

Got there, nothing on the peg.

An employee stocking the toy aisle has the cart with boxes on it, took a peek, nothing.

That specific Target will store "rare" toys behind the electronics counter, so I asked, nope, nothin.

As I'm going to leave, the guy stocking toys pops his head out from around the corner and is like "Hey man, you lookin' for GI Joe? I can only sell 1 person." And goes and got it out of the back. Super grateful, he was mad nice.

Left there and got to another Target as they opened. The local Hot Wheels guys were waiting at the door. Went to the back, and a local scalper was there. I just wanted a second for my friend that can't toy hunt due to auto immune issues. I guess the hot wheels guy/scalper have a guy that works at that store and he wasn't working, so they just went to leave (???) But I had an employee scan a picture of the barcode and she went and got the case. Secured a second for my friend.

SCALPER BOUGHT THE REST OF THE BOX. Passed him as I was leaving. Guess it didn't pull up as one per person and she sold him the rest. Such a bummer.

SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Haven't even bothered looking for Major Bludd.

I've gotta put this line on the backburner for now. If I see it, I'll buy it. If not, oh well. I'm burned out trying to collect this line.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 5:52 pm

Out of curiosity I took a look at ebay to see if any Bludds hit my area, and sure enough it has. However, I absolutely have no desire to go out hunting for it. I did not even bother calling around. Seems the CI exclusives is having the opposite effect on me in trying to get me to go in store after the absurdity of the first two waves. I'll only go in if I need essentials and check the toy aisles while I'm there. So I have to thank Target and Hasbro in a way of helping me kick this exercise in futility and wasted time and gas. Still a fan and will collect the line though, but more focusing on the main line where I know I can get it through preorders from several places.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 6:16 pm

That’s a disgusting story Prophet. The audacity of those creeps openly flaunting their reselling and even pulling up eBay in front of you. I fear that kind of behavior is just getting more and more common. A target employee can buy a full case and sell just one figure to cover the cost of the entire case and make a couple hundred more off the rest. I’d be very curious to hear how many of these CI figures never made it to shelves because of that very reason. It’s unfortunate the line is high profile enough to demonize that behavior. If they were doing that with PS5s or something around Christmas, it would have mad headlines. I can’t blame anyone trying to make a quick buck when they are probably only making minimum wage and just getting by. Target probably doesn’t pay their employees enough for them to care if customers buy the items or if employees get to them first.

I can only hope Hasbro can call foul on this behavior with Target and get things to change. The idea of an exclusive program doesn’t work if target isn’t even let a majority of their customers have a shot at them before they even hit shelves. Granted Target has them by the balls anyway, but maybe now they’ll only get craptastic exclusives like Duke repainted all in red or maybe Roadblock in all orange like a construction cone. Like make legit horrible figures for them from here on that nobody actually wants to curb this behavior.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 7:13 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:16 pm
A target employee can buy a full case and sell just one figure to cover the cost of the entire case and make a couple hundred more off the rest. I’d be very curious to hear how many of these CI figures never made it to shelves because of that very reason.
100% confident there is an employee who does this at my local Target. Heard from enough local collectors that it’s one of the stockers who makes sure the case never hits the pegs. It’s been one of those “yeah, I know someone who works there who let me know employees are now buying this stuff.”

For almost a year I’ve wondered why no one is pulling anything Black Series, GI Joe, or exclusives from this store. Even when Popfindr said they had figures back when it worked, the employees could never, ever find it in the back and it would zero out right after the store closed. Turns out it’s been this guy stashing the case in random spots to buy later off the clock.

It sucks, but it was expected employees would catch on eventually. I just avoid the store altogether now unless I’m in there to buy something else.

Yea, I’d be all for just giving them random repaints at this point, like Mattel’s newest MOTU Origins exclusive — it’s just a repainted Battle Cat and He-Man. If I miss that, no big deal. Honestly, exclusives should never be unique, first time in the line characters ever.
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 16, 2021 7:16 pm

IT all goes back to Hasbro not making enough. Like I said earlier went to my Target earlier and the guy said they'll be here on the 20th. 6 coming in. They could easily send 2 cases per store to help combat this.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun May 16, 2021 7:46 pm

Boke18 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:16 pm
IT all goes back to Hasbro not making enough. Like I said earlier went to my Target earlier and the guy said they'll be here on the 20th. 6 coming in. They could easily send 2 cases per store to help combat this.
Pretty sure in this relationship it is Target who places the order for x amount of units. Hasbro doesn't dictate how much they order.

There are plenty of other things Hasbro could do differently to mitigate the problem - not offering character exclusives to a single retailer would be a good start.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 8:04 pm

True Target is the one placing the quantity order but Hasbro could easily say we can’t offer this item to you as an exclusive unless the order is x amount of units (hopefully something like double the number we are currently seeing). I think many of us were understanding at first with the line being underestimated but that was over a year ago and several items have gone back into production and even a made to order Regal CC was made. Hasbro was well aware of the demand before the Viper/Firefly wave hit (which was after the made to order CC) so the blame for a lack of larger numbers seems to be on target. Hasbro can’t make them order more after they made a deal, but they certainly could offer to. I wonder if Target said no or that they just didn’t offer in hopes of cashing in on that demand through fan channels? It might be like Star Wars where after a certain amount of time they can reorder them non exclusively. So not giving Target a second run may give us all a better chance at them reissued sooner?
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 12:23 am

Yea, I’m hoping Yo Joe June is Hasbro turning a corner and dropping the first two Cobra Island waves to fan channels and Pulse with tons of stock.

I’m naively hoping that Barbeque got pulled from being a Cobra Island exclusive and is now Fan Channel instead. He was rumored to be hitting alongside Bludd, after all. Really hoping Bludd is the last of these until they figure out a better solution.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 12:57 am

I too am hoping Bludd is the last. We went from waves of 4 figures to 2 to 1. So it was progressively halving itself each time. Hopefully, that was intentional and after getting the line off the ground the exclusives would stop. I am hopeful he’ll also be on pulse when Target officially makes him available next month.
Monty
Super Poseable

Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 am

PeetahPahkah wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 4:59 pm
I got to a Target about 30 mins after open yesterday, called on the way there. Employee said they had 6, but didn't seem willing to put one aside or anything (understandable), but implied they'd be on the toy aisle.

Got there, nothing on the peg.

An employee stocking the toy aisle has the cart with boxes on it, took a peek, nothing.

That specific Target will store "rare" toys behind the electronics counter, so I asked, nope, nothin.

As I'm going to leave, the guy stocking toys pops his head out from around the corner and is like "Hey man, you lookin' for GI Joe? I can only sell 1 person." And goes and got it out of the back. Super grateful, he was mad nice.

Left there and got to another Target as they opened. The local Hot Wheels guys were waiting at the door. Went to the back, and a local scalper was there. I just wanted a second for my friend that can't toy hunt due to auto immune issues. I guess the hot wheels guy/scalper have a guy that works at that store and he wasn't working, so they just went to leave (???) But I had an employee scan a picture of the barcode and she went and got the case. Secured a second for my friend.

SCALPER BOUGHT THE REST OF THE BOX. Passed him as I was leaving. Guess it didn't pull up as one per person and she sold him the rest. Such a bummer.

Just wanted to say how much I liked reading this. Nice to see you looking out for your friend with autoimmune issues. One of my kids has an autoimmune disease. I hope when she gets older she has friends that understand and are helpful. I haven't been in a Target or Walmart in over a year myself. This isn't me looking for help. I'm choosing that if Hasbro doesn't want my money they can just keep doing this.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”