mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Insanity's Peak
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri May 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Got the shipping notification for my Pale Krig today, he'll be here next week.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat May 15, 2021 6:26 pm

Broken record but... has Mezco updated about Conan at all? I don't follow them on any kind of socials or anything like that, so I'm way out of the loop. Is he still coming this month like BBTS says or is that just BBTS being BBTS?

Getting a bit cranky watching all this random stuff drop and not a whisper about a figure that was supposed to come out like a year ago.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Forget Conan, how about 1989 Batman?
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 15, 2021 8:17 pm

I just want Conan to come out so I can forget about Mezco altogether..

No offense to any fans! Its just that every time I see this thread bumped, I get excited thinking “finally Conan!”, only to see info on super secret/exclusive/expensive figures that I know I couldn't get even if I really tried lol
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 9:54 pm

KnightDamien wrote:Broken record but... has Mezco updated about Conan at all? I don't follow them on any kind of socials or anything like that, so I'm way out of the loop. Is he still coming this month like BBTS says or is that just BBTS being BBTS?

Getting a bit cranky watching all this random stuff drop and not a whisper about a figure that was supposed to come out like a year ago.
I THINK Conan was pushed to a May-July estimated timeline, but that was early this year I feel like I remember reading that. Which makes me sad, because I need him immediately!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 3:07 am

I'm confident we all have a "I ordered this a year ago where is it" figure (or figures) at this point. Between Keaton, Conan, Mr. Freeze, Wonder Woman (about to be released FINALLY), Thanos etc. And yet nothing has even come close to the wait for a few Kickstarter/crowd funded startups. Eagle Force just came through after about FIVE YEARS. Granted that has a lot to do with some very unique circumstances, but still. Perspective.
Benedict
CROM!

Sun May 16, 2021 7:38 am

Mezco don’t run a Kickstarter, they’re just slow as shit. Except when they rush an exclusive to the front of the queue.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 16, 2021 9:15 am

Conan is May to July. I always go with the last month in the window, as I've never had anything hit the first two.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Benedict wrote:Mezco don’t run a Kickstarter, they’re just slow as shit. Except when they rush an exclusive to the front of the queue.
While the wait can be frustrating, I really appreciate that they'd rather delay a figure until they get it right than rush out a figure that sucks just to make a deadline.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 2:28 pm

I don't think they delay stuff because they are fixing it.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun May 16, 2021 4:41 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:Forget Conan, how about 1989 Batman?
Was he solicited before Conan? I don't even remember. If so. .that sucks. Although I'd argue that Conan should, by comparison, be much easier to make since he has barely any softgoods on him that might be finicky to finalize.
DennyCrane wrote: I THINK Conan was pushed to a May-July estimated timeline,
MollyMillions wrote: Conan is May to July. I always go with the last month in the window, as I've never had anything hit the first two.
Thanks! I think that was the last thing I heard as well but since I don't follow Mezco on anything, I wasn't sure if it got pushed again and I want to be prepared for it to hit my POL.

DennyCrane wrote: And yet nothing has even come close to the wait for a few Kickstarter/crowd funded startups. Eagle Force just came through after about FIVE YEARS. Granted that has a lot to do with some very unique circumstances, but still. Perspective.
As Benedict was saying.... I honestly don't even understand the point of bringing this up. Like.. what does Mezco even have in common with a Kickstarter project from something that can barely even be called a 'toy company?' How about we compare Mezco - an actual fully functioning toy company that has been actively producing product regularly for years - with NECA and McFarlane. Hell, McFarlane ran a Kickstarter and that figure delivered what.. two or three times faster than Conan? NECA ran their TMNT Movie two-pack exclusive/DTC item and got that out at least twice as fast as Conan. Jesus, even Super7 is running laps around Mezco.

It'll take how long it takes. I'm definitely not suggesting Mezco won't deliver. And I'm not furiously angry and planning to write them 'where's my toy?!' emails and all that kind of stuff. But it's definitely.. an annoyance, I suppose. Especially given how they drop all this other bullshit without even apparently commenting on the stuff people have already ordered. And giving them the 'at least it's not the slowest toy Kickstarter ever' excuse is baffling.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 4:42 pm

I mean, I'm sure the pandemic is in some way at least partly responsible. But it's not like Mezco has every really gotten these out in a timely fashion. And I definitely understand the annoyance with out-of-nowhere, instant sellout drops of figures when you've been waiting for a particular figure for over a year.
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 16, 2021 8:34 pm

Conan went up a week after Batman.

Jan 15 and Jan 22 2020.

For the records.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 2:53 am

Don't misunderstand me. It IS frustrating the wait. But a wait is a wait, no matter how small or large the company. And Mezco is very small. Comparing them to the likes of McFarlane and NECA (two much larger companies) is about as sound an argument like as to the kickstarter comparison. In fact actually a bit less, as the gulf is wider between Mezco and NECA than with Mezco and some well managed kickstarters.
Benedict
CROM!

Mon May 17, 2021 8:27 am

Basing this on number of employees/revenue?

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”