2nd Venom wave for "Venom: Let There Be Carnage "?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
KolobosRexx
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

2nd Venom wave for "Venom: Let There Be Carnage "?

Wed May 12, 2021 10:28 am

....This trailer looks weirdly absurd and possibly interesting lol! But more importantly : Will we get a coinciding wave?? And what will we get in it? Personally, beyond the obvious reworking of Movie Venom and the addition of Movie Carnage, I would hope for comic Shriek and Carrion, and maybe throw in Sleepwalker and another Life Foundation symbiotic, either Agony or Riot!
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: 2nd Venom wave for "Venom: Let There Be Carnage "?

Wed May 12, 2021 11:28 am

I dont think we are getting a full wave. Last year's Venom wave was essentially to be the Venom Let There Be Carnage tie-in wave. So I don't see them fitting in an entire other wave. Black Widow for example got a new 2 pack. My guess is we get like a 2 pack of Venom & Carnage from the movie. But I would love a wave! I would like to see other movie based Venom figures. Maybe a movie Eddie Brock, Riot, She-Venom, Shriek, etc. But I am doubting we get that. Would be cool though.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 1:00 pm

Yeah with so many MCU waves coming out around the fall/ winter (spiderman,eternals and the MCU flashback wave) I doubt we get a venom wave around the time the movie comes out
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 12, 2021 1:04 pm

A movie 2-pack would be ideal in lieu of a full wave.
Worst case scenario: a big-box retailer movie Carnage exclusive.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 1:21 pm

We don't get a lot of Sony property stuff to begin with, so I'm thinking no...

But I'd be in for anything they give us.

I'd love an Eddie Brock & Carnage two-pack.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed May 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Hope Hasbro makes a figure of Hybrid someday. Very cool looking character design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 1:23 pm

My dream for this offering like I said in the Venompool thread is a movie based Riot & Carnage 2 pack. Which is something I am very confident will never happen lol
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 pm

I'd enjoy a Venom and Carnage 2 pack. I missed the first movie Venom and on the chance some of these characters join the MCU via the multiverse I'd want them for sure. Throw in an Eddie and Kasady head.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 1:35 pm

They could easily do a venom wave. The last one only had 1 movie figure. No reason they can't do something similar again. Not like its an entire Movie wave

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Wasn't there speculation that the Venompool wave might have had a movie Carnage planned for it but it was revised to not spoil the film? It was a little odd to have the BAF spread across only five figures and Phage being packed with both legs. Although not sure they have released both movie and comic versions of Carnage in the same wave.

Given we have gotten two Venom themed comic waves, and a couple of Fan Channels, Hasbro must feel Venom stuff sells (and the looks are cool as toys), so I'd expect we'll see more in the future.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 2:10 pm

I'm kind of "meh" on the look for Carnage in the trailer. In the comics Carnage was unique because up until that point Venom had been depicted relatively conservatively with symbiote effects, but here comes Carnage forming his hands into weapons and with tendrils shooting everywhere. Subsequent artists showed Venom and other symbiotes doing that, and the first film showed both Venom and Riot doing it, so Carnage giving us more of the same just isn't as unique on-screen anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be uniquely creepy in the film when coupled with Kasady's personality at greater length, but the trailer definitely wasn't as appealing as Carnage was back when he was first created.

It also doesn't feel like they nailed the look for Carnage. I had to re-watch the trailer twice just to confirm this was Carnage in the image below because I wasn't at all sure it wasn't Venom or some other symbiote. Not sure I like the muted reds in his look, or his head looking pretty similar to both Venom and Riot.

kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 2:21 pm

At this point I feel like a figure of both Ann and Eddie would be a good 2-pack and I’d like a fig of her with the symbiote as we saw in the first movie

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: 2nd Venom wave for

Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm

kailryu wrote:
At this point I feel like a figure of both Ann and Eddie would be a good 2-pack and I’d like a fig of her with the symbiote as we saw in the first movie

If we get anything it'll more than likely be from the first movie, pretty sure Hasbro said that if it isn't MCU they don't get the early access to make figures in time for release.

Although with all the delays who knows.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: 2nd Venom wave for

Wed May 12, 2021 2:39 pm

Slixta wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm
kailryu wrote:

If we get anything it'll more than likely be from the first movie, pretty sure Hasbro said that if it isn't MCU they don't get the early access to make figures in time for release.

Although with all the delays who knows.
This movie has been delayed over a year, though. Plenty of time one would think to get something ready for the movie. At least in the form of a Carnage figure. Again, I don't think they are giving us a wave or anything
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed May 12, 2021 4:50 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:10 pm
I'm kind of "meh" on the look for Carnage in the trailer. In the comics Carnage was unique because up until that point Venom had been depicted relatively conservatively with symbiote effects, but here comes Carnage forming his hands into weapons and with tendrils shooting everywhere. Subsequent artists showed Venom and other symbiotes doing that, and the first film showed both Venom and Riot doing it, so Carnage giving us more of the same just isn't as unique on-screen anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be uniquely creepy in the film when coupled with Kasady's personality at greater length, but the trailer definitely wasn't as appealing as Carnage was back when he was first created.

It also doesn't feel like they nailed the look for Carnage. I had to re-watch the trailer twice just to confirm this was Carnage in the image below because I wasn't at all sure it wasn't Venom or some other symbiote. Not sure I like the muted reds in his look, or his head looking pretty similar to both Venom and Riot.

This pretty much summarizes my thoughts as well. They held off Carnage from the first movie - but made Riot essentially a roided out Carnage. So for the average movie-goer, Carnage is just a slimmed down Riot. There is nothing particularly unique about his look - just standard movie symbiote. In order differentiate from Riot, it seems like they are going with "just add MOAR stabby tentacles" which is OK, I guess. As a fan you just go into the movie knowing that Carnage was brought to life having to be "different" from Riot... regardless of the impact on characterization.

Depending on how successful this movie is (for some reason I think it will make less than the first one did), I could see them potentially making Carnage somehow. Definitely not a full line. No way we'll see any civilians (Ann or Brock.) It took 3 years to get Venom properly.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”