NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Fri May 07, 2021 9:21 pm

Would not count on it.
bricknator
HULK SMASH!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 am

I just need one. Fingers crossed.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:15 pm

The frogs definitely aren’t being stocked by Target like Splinter/Baxter, but I have been encouraged by the numbers out there. It looks like stores are getting 6 at a time which should be a solid amount for a set like this. If they keep them coming they should do a better job of satisfying demand than they did with Rat King/Vernon. I doubt they’ll ever hang around the shelf for weeks and months on end like Splinter/Baxter, but hopefully between the in-store stock and online everyone gets one.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Sat May 08, 2021 6:37 pm

So the Target page is now saying "sold out." Did these bastards actually go up for sale in between the 15-minutes since I last reloaded the page?! I'm really kind of over this and hope NECA can work a better deal with Target in the future. I realize the reason why we need exclusives but they only cater to this new breed of scalper that popped up in the last year.
mattmurdog
CROM!

Sat May 08, 2021 6:46 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:
So the Target page is now saying "sold out." Did these bastards actually go up for sale in between the 15-minutes since I last reloaded the page?! I'm really kind of over this and hope NECA can work a better deal with Target in the future. I realize the reason why we need exclusives but they only cater to this new breed of scalper that popped up in the last year.
I noticed that too just now. But I think it has just been activated since my original notification never triggered. I would anticipate it actually being updated soon
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 08, 2021 6:54 pm

App is still saying OOS for me with my notification thing still checked. So I doubt they went up.
Tmntfanatic4life
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat May 08, 2021 7:04 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:

No it hasn’t gone live yet
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Sat May 08, 2021 8:10 pm

Good to hear. Yeah no notification on my end either. Still by the time Target sends me an alert (and I've jumped on the site the second I've received one before) it's sold out again.
GekigangerV
HULK SMASH!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:01 am

Has anyone in Arizona seen any restocks in the last 2-4 weeks? I have seen no signs of life in the NECA section.
bricknator
HULK SMASH!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:07 am

GekigangerV wrote:
Has anyone in Arizona seen any restocks in the last 2-4 weeks? I have seen no signs of life in the NECA section.
I have not other than a bunch of Splinter/Baxter packs at one store, though I am not checking regularly.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 11:51 am

In So Cal the NECA rep has been MIA for over a month. NECA really does need a better system to get these on the shelves other than using a special anointed nerd who can only have the honor of doing so! It's funny because NECA claims the rep system is in place because store employees scalp. Then you have the video floating around of some poor Mom trying to get a disguise set from a rep who just placed them, took a picture, and then handed all three over the salivating Target employee who probably was planning on making his monthly salary just scalping those. They claimed it was to hold them in the back to prevent scalping. RIIIIIIGHHHHHTTTTT!
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 2:27 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:In So Cal the NECA rep has been MIA for over a month. NECA really does need a better system to get these on the shelves other than using a special anointed nerd who can only have the honor of doing so! It's funny because NECA claims the rep system is in place because store employees scalp. Then you have the video floating around of some poor Mom trying to get a disguise set from a rep who just placed them, took a picture, and then handed all three over the salivating Target employee who probably was planning on making his monthly salary just scalping those. They claimed it was to hold them in the back to prevent scalping. RIIIIIIGHHHHHTTTTT!
My local rep is a older woman in her 60s. Seen her also doing merchandising for dewalt in home depot, she also did magazines and dvds in toys r us as well as neca in toya r us. NECA doesn't hire the reps... and the reps aren't in place to stop employees from "scalping". Not sure where you got that info from. They are in place because target doesn't want to buy neca product and be in charge of inventory of it.

Rep system makes them a vendor item. Target doesn't have any money on the line with vendor items. So if someone steals a turtles set, target doesn't lose any $. Only neca does. Target gains a profit after each one is sold though. Basically like neca is renting space to be sold in target stores. Same goes for all the "vendor" items. Thats why managers don't care if the vendor items sit in the back for 6months. They aren't going to lose any money on it, as there is no money invested into it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:01 pm

GekigangerV wrote:
You might have missed the boat?

My Rep got the first batch a few weeks ago, the trend has been they get stocked three weeks in a row and that's it. :/
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:11 pm

weizie wrote:
My local rep is a older woman in her 60s. Seen her also doing merchandising for dewalt in home depot, she also did magazines and dvds in toys r us as well as neca in toya r us. NECA doesn't hire the reps... and the reps aren't in place to stop employees from "scalping". Not sure where you got that info from. They are in place because target doesn't want to buy neca product and be in charge of inventory of it.

Rep system makes them a vendor item. Target doesn't have any money on the line with vendor items. So if someone steals a turtles set, target doesn't lose any $. Only neca does. Target gains a profit after each one is sold though. Basically like neca is renting space to be sold in target stores. Same goes for all the "vendor" items. Thats why managers don't care if the vendor items sit in the back for 6months. They aren't going to lose any money on it, as there is no money invested into it.

A TRU NECA rep told me! Said scalping and employees stealing product was why they did the rep system. She too was an older woman in her 60s but that's what she told me. So it's basically consignment.

Mondo and the Ultimate Foot Soldier are on eBay now gang! More stuff that isn't making it to most of our stores is in the wild! Most people say just chill and wait for NECA to get around to putting up a week-long pre-order. Probably the best thing to do right now. Stressing over it won't make them appear any faster.

Ironically I'm watching a video by Retroblasting talking about just this subject. Hyped toy lines that are impossible to find and it's potential affect on the industy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azaFs60 ... roBlasting
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:22 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:
weizie wrote:

A TRU NECA rep told me! Said scalping and employees stealing product was why they did the rep system. She too was an older woman in her 60s but that's what she told me. So it's basically consignment.

Mondo and the Ultimate Foot Soldier are on eBay now gang! More stuff that isn't making it to most of our stores is in the wild! Most people say just chill and wait for NECA to get around to putting up a week-long pre-order. Probably the best thing to do right now. Stressing over it won't make them appear any faster.

Ironically I'm watching a video by Retroblasting talking about just this subject. Hyped toy lines that are impossible to find and it's potential affect on the industy.
Lol, she's wrong though. I remember the notices about NECA switching to "vendor" when i worked at toys r us and dealt with it daily. She's mistaken, but i can understand why you would think she would know. Even though she just works for a merchandising company and merchandises several different companies. But her reasoning is not accurate.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”