HasLab Galactus Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab FF Galactus (?) Discussion

Thu May 06, 2021 2:02 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:35 am

What kind of shelving are you going to put him on?
Galactus might end up standing on the floor (or a platform just off the floor) in front of/to the side of the shelves for me. Or I'll rework a display just to focus around him. I like the idea if the waist split although I doubt I would use it myself.

It is one reason why there is possibly a limit to the number of super-sized figures/vehicles that will sell as HasLab goes along, as display capacity may start to be an issue for collectors.
MLNUT
CROM!

Thu May 06, 2021 9:32 pm

I have a center shelf that should accommodate him (He will replace the MU Galactus that's there now). Also I like the idea of a waist split if possible.
ALSO GALACTUS DOES NOT COURTSY. EVER!
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 2:39 am

I personally don't think galactus will be much bigger if not the same size as the sentinel... who'd pose then together anyway?

Any much bigger and he just kinda becomes difficult for collectors

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Samael13
is way smarter than you

Fri May 07, 2021 2:56 am

All my shelves have adjustable shelves, so I'd just adjust or remove shelves to make him fit, or put him on top of a half size shelf or table or on the floor. No big deal, as far as I'm concerned.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 4:12 am

I'm gonna hang him upside down from the ceiling on a flying trapeze, so I hope he has adequate knee articulation.
PG-Superfan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:31 am

I had a weird thought:

Is there even any point in giving Galactus leg articulation beyond maybe boot cuts? This could influence the cost of the figure.

Age of X Marvel Girl has useless thigh articulation but she reuses a mold that can use it.

If Galactus is truly made as a bespoke piece and isn't reusing Sentinel parts, why give him thigh joints he can't use when that just adds to the budget?

Is that too close to making a statue?

Give me thigh rotation and boot cuts maybe but why design hip and knee joints that can't and shouldn't be used?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 8:16 am

Cause if he doesn't have them I can guarantee there will be a big ta do about it. Whether its useful or not, it has to be there, or there will be bitching from alot of people. Not everyone I'm sure. But enough. Price be damned. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun May 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Losing the leg articulation would cost Hasbro a ton of buyers. And I don't think it'd cut down on the price nearly as much as you think it would.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:29 pm

I'm planning to stand Galactus in the middle of the floor in my basement, one middle finger extended at the rest of the Marvel Legends on display, and the other extended at anyone coming down the stairs, so I hope he has adequate finger articulation.
Jax
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 09, 2021 5:12 pm

I’m just thinking out loud here but, wouldn’t it look awkward collection wise with a big ass Sentinel/Galactus, but, out of scale Foom, and Giant Man? Atlas? Anyone?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:21 pm

Can you guys please stop trying to take articulation away from my articulated action figures? If you prefer statues buy a statue, but stop trying to prevent me from re-creating the scene below! Image

Do I find this portrayal of Uatu consistent with the character of the Watchers? Definitely not; it's an absolutely, positively dumb idea to have him fight Galactus and feels like something Michael Bay would do if he directed a Marvel movie. Rationally it makes no sense and was a mistake. Emotionally do I love it anyway, and would I pose these two on a shelf like this? YES YES YES YES! :D

Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Sun May 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Little known fact, in the above pic, they were both going commando. :wink: :P :lol: Galactus was wearing crotchless tights.
MLNUT
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 6:11 pm

Jax wrote:
I’m just thinking out loud here but, wouldn’t it look awkward collection wise with a big ass Sentinel/Galactus, but, out of scale Foom, and Giant Man? Atlas? Anyone?
Only to someone with OCD. I have NO problem with the big guys at different sizes. IMO I don't think we'll ever see another 16" Giant Man or other character at 16".
PG-Superfan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 09, 2021 10:42 pm

MLNUT wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:11 pm
Jax wrote:
Only to someone with OCD. I have NO problem with the big guys at different sizes. IMO I don't think we'll ever see another 16" Giant Man or other character at 16".
I would be happy just to see Goliath/Black Goliath/Giant Man/Atlas at their non-enlarged heights. So far only Pym's late 60s Giant Man look is represented in the modern figures.

12" versions would be welcome but I really just want Clint as Goliath to complete my Kree Skrull War lineup (although he'd also bring us closer to the Avengers Forever lineup as well).
RAM
Customized

HasLab FF Galactus (?) Discussion

Sun May 09, 2021 11:16 pm

Jax wrote:I’m just thinking out loud here but, wouldn’t it look awkward collection wise with a big ass Sentinel/Galactus, but, out of scale Foom, and Giant Man? Atlas? Anyone?
I never got Foom but, like Galactus, I look forward to seeing a bigger, better redo fly out of the lab eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”