Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7 TMNT Ultimates

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:59 pm

I did email them a while back and they did respond, but it was one of those "we still expect them" messages. Then again, had 30th Deadpool on preorder forever from another spot when everyone else was sold out and they said the same thing. Then BOOM this quarter Pulse puts up more 30th DP preorder. Perhaps they know something Super7 isn't telling yet...

You're right Zavvi is weird. Great prices for a while now suddenly they're saying it's half off or whatever but not really compared to other places it's retail. The 'ol eBay switcheroo...
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Mon May 03, 2021 1:58 am

I wound up giving up on the US-based retailer who keeps claiming they’ll get Wave 2 eventually, that I prepaid in full 8 months ago, and I paid the scalpers price on eBay. I guess the lesson is to order direct next time, which I plan to do with wave 5 that is up.

Question on feet peg holes:

Looks like some figures have them, and some do not. Any rhyme or reason here? Has it been discussed by S7?

Anyone drill or melt small peg holes in the feet themselves?

I got in on Can of Beams new hex base preorders that should be shipping soon and I am planning to use for my entire collection on display. And oddly, of all the lines I collect, the only figures that lack peg holes are a handful of these S7 TMNT ultimates. Most notably my turtles lack them.
tatooinesandworm
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 10:38 pm

Shreddar wrote:
I wound up giving up on the US-based retailer who keeps claiming they’ll get Wave 2 eventually, that I prepaid in full 8 months ago, and I paid the scalpers price on eBay. I guess the lesson is to order direct next time, which I plan to do with wave 5 that is up.

Question on feet peg holes:

Looks like some figures have them, and some do not. Any rhyme or reason here? Has it been discussed by S7?

I got in on Can of Beams new hex base preorders that should be shipping soon and I am planning to use for my entire collection on display. And oddly, of all the lines I collect, the only figures that lack peg holes are a handful of these S7 TMNT ultimates. Most notably my turtles lack them.
Sorry you had to end up going that route - especially as BBTS looks to get getting the entire series as yet another re-run in Q4 this year. I know that it all depends on how the retailers are getting their supply to how quickly they get their stock as well as if they face cancellations or not. From my understanding BBTS and EE go directly through Super7. Diamond Distribution also goes direct with Super 7 - and some other retailers get their supply from Diamond. There is also the possibility of going direct with Super 7 as a customer as well. Doesn't help if you come to the line late - but going forward it's an option.

In terms of adding peg holes - I would start with the smallest drill bit I could find and gradually make the hole bigger and bigger until if fits on the appropriately sized stand you have selected. I don't think I would ever recommend melting a peg hole into a figure. That's sounds brazenly risky and will most likely wind up with a damaged figure.
Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 10:32 am

Shreddar wrote:
I feel like I did this once, many years ago, and IIRC it didn't go great! Of course, since then I've gotten a lot better as a customizer and gained a whole lot better power tool control, and nowadays I probably wouldn't flinch at doing something like that. So you might not have any problems at all! Just in case, though, I'd pop the foot off the joint; that way if you go too far you're not likely to damage anything.

And if you want extra insurance, get a pin vise. A bit more control than a rotary tool, and it forces one to go slow and not botch the job.
Handsome
CROM!

Wed May 05, 2021 8:27 pm

Mine are all pre-orders, I don't actually have any yet. Are they that hard to keep up without stands?

I didn't get all of them, just the figures I actually owned as a kid, so right now I've got 15 of them on pre-order. The only ones I still need them to make are Slash and Rat King, hopefully they're in wave 6. Then I'll just be hoping for variants, like Toon Shredder or Krang's Android body.

Are you guys army building the Foot Soldiers? I've got one on pre-order and I'm tempted to get three more. But dropping an extra $150 has me a little hesitant.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 pm

I have four figures form the line: Leo, Raph, Bebop, and Baxter. All four are very easy to stand. I can't speak for the others, but I imagine Splinter is easy since he has a tail to serve as a third leg, if need be. None of the others look like they would have any difficulty standing, but I can't confirm that with certainty. I would think a stand is only necessary if you're going for some really dynamic poses.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Wed May 05, 2021 8:44 pm

I have all of the figures (and multiples of some) and standing has not been a problem with anything save for one Foot Soldier with a weak right ankle. Even then, I have 8 FS and that is the only one of them with the issue.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 9:03 pm

Well, even if I wasn't interested in being "all in," but just the ones I had as a kid, I'd still be all in so far, because everything they've released & revealed, I had growing up, lol.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 9:08 pm

Handsome wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:27 pm
Are they that hard to keep up without stands?
I would say, not from weakness in the joints. But with the implementation of the joints it reduces stability when outside of vanilla poses for specific figures. Baxter, for instance. it's a big figure with lots of crazy off-center elements, so by its very nature there's difficulties in maintaining balance. Yet it can stand just fine all vanilla. But because they decided to implement the ankles as swivels instead of pivots inside the foot, it makes sprawled leg poses tenuous to maintain.
Are you guys army building the Foot Soldiers? I've got one on pre-order and I'm tempted to get three more. But dropping an extra $150 has me a little hesitant.
Definitely get another. Cannot emphasize enough how good of an idea that is. I have two, and I still went back to the well to get a third when the reissues came about. If/when you can free up all of the joints, it's a marvelous figure, with admittedly frightening hip joints. But it moves and poses gorgeously.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 9:33 pm

Handsome wrote:Mine are all pre-orders, I don't actually have any yet. Are they that hard to keep up without stands?

I didn't get all of them, just the figures I actually owned as a kid, so right now I've got 15 of them on pre-order. The only ones I still need them to make are Slash and Rat King, hopefully they're in wave 6. Then I'll just be hoping for variants, like Toon Shredder or Krang's Android body.

I have 4 Foot Soldiers from Super 7. They are pricey so that is all I did. I have around 20 vintage, a dozen Neca toon and several Neca video game ones.

I can't resist army building them because when I was a kid my mom would only let me have one. I was a deprived child and if I had known about Child Protective Services back then I would have surely called.
Handsome
CROM!

Wed May 05, 2021 10:43 pm

Welp, you guys talked me into it. Just ordered three more, for a total of four. I figure that's enough, one for each Turtle to fight.

Just spent about $880 on 18 figures. Still feel like it's cheaper than it would have been if I tried hunting down the NECA equivalents on ebay.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 11:29 pm

Handsome wrote:Welp, you guys talked me into it. Just ordered three more, for a total of four. I figure that's enough, one for each Turtle to fight.

Just spent about $880 on 18 figures. Still feel like it's cheaper than it would have been if I tried hunting down the NECA equivalents on ebay.
But....a foot soldier isn't as strong as a Turtle. You really need TWO foot soldiers per Turtle to have exciting fights.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 05, 2021 11:38 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:29 pm
Handsome wrote:Welp, you guys talked me into it. Just ordered three more, for a total of four. I figure that's enough, one for each Turtle to fight.

But....a foot soldier isn't as strong as a Turtle. You really need TWO foot soldiers per Turtle to have exciting fights.
Two? Are you kidding? You need at least four per Turtle :lol:

On a serious note: I wouldn't mind having at least a second foot soldier, didn't expect to like them this much.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 12:43 am

I'm pretty good on Foot Soldiers, lol. Between all the different Neca ones and the Super7 one, I probably got like 15 or more, that's enough, especially since I still plan to get at least one (maybe 2) of the Ultimate Foot Soldier and any Videogame color variant Foot when they come out.
Handsome
CROM!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:34 am

Are there any difference in the variant versions besides the weapon racks?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/103012

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/152406

I've got the first set pre-ordered for 4th quarter 2021. The second set is the variants, but that's is in stock right now. I'm tempted to just get that one instead because I'm getting excited to have these. Though it'll be a while before I put them up for display, I want to get at least the four Turtles before I put them up, so I guess I could wait til the end of the year.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”