Masters of the WWE Universe

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters of the WWE Universe

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:49 am

According to someone on the Org that appears to have insider info, he’s dropped hints that Vince is coming eventually.

Also dropped a lot of hints that it’s the Legends that are driving the line forward in terms of sales, so expect to see more of those going forward.

Some discussion too about how the line was heading towards cancellation after wave 2 (it’s hinted that Roman Reigns pegwarmed pretty hard) but wave 3 sold great, Undertaker in particular, and now Mattel is committed to the line.

Apparently Mick Foley was also originally going to use the Man-E-Faces gimmick? But neither he nor WWE signed off on it, and it went to New Day instead, who the insider also claims sold poorly compared to the others.

Interesting stuff.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:54 am

Interesting - although not really surprising, to be honest, that they'd push more heavily with legends. After all... MOTU as a brand appeals to people that are more likely to fondly remember '80s and '90s wrestling than they are to care about modern wrestling. And the form factor appeals to that same group that collects the old Remco wrestlers and stuff like that.

Glad they're going to keep on with it, though. It's too much fun not to.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:15 am

Yea, I’m definitely one of those people. I have almost everyone in the line, only skipped Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, New Day, Fiend, and Becky Lynch. Those are also sadly the majority of who I saw / see on the pegs.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:00 am

Wow, kind of blown away.

A Wal-Mart here dropped from 6+ to 2-3 tonight for these on Brickseek, figured I’d go look expecting 2 Stephanies because that’s all I keep finding.

Found Kane, Goldberg, Ultimate Warrior! Still can’t believe it. Havent found a complete wave at retail for these since Wave 2 when they flooded pegs.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:19 pm

Big Lots has the Grayskull Ring with figures down to $18 and change on their site. In-store pickup only, sadly. Was able to score one from a local Big Lots that had 5 in-stock!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:59 am

Roufuss wrote:
Big Lots has the Grayskull Ring with figures down to $18 and change on their site. In-store pickup only, sadly. Was able to score one from a local Big Lots that had 5 in-stock!
Thanks, I just ordered one. $28 shipped still a good price.$10 a figure and $8 ring.

In other news 3/4 of my Walmart order showed up today all smashed and bent into a box too small for them to be shipped in.

I got Piper,Dragon,and Becky.Called and received a $10 refund which is ok since I’ll open these but would still have liked to keep the packaging for display.

Hope the last one is from Wave 6.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:59 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Big Lots just canceled my order so it’s a Big Fail to buy these online.
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:15 pm

Someone just found wave 6 for me in MI and tried to get me Kane, but the register brought up an alert when she rang it up and a manager came out and said that the toys have been recalled. Ummmmmmmmmmmm....what?
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:45 pm

Jonan wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:15 pm
Someone just found wave 6 for me in MI and tried to get me Kane, but the register brought up an alert when she rang it up and a manager came out and said that the toys have been recalled. Ummmmmmmmmmmm....what?
They haven't been recalled, but by all accounts the WWE figures have different item assortment numbers and often when the new figs show up, they aren't in the system and it gives Walmart instructions not to sell them to the public. Depending on your Walmart employee, they may give you a variety of reasons they can't sell to you, or they may ring it up in a generic fashion. Total crapshoot.
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:54 pm

That's so stupid! Bah! That clown clearly had no idea what was going on and just took the entire box from her and said they'd have to send them back.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 5:05 am

Who’s in charge of this line?

The WWE Team or the MOTU Team? Or is it a joint operation by both?

And can these shoulder pads be used for The LOD/Road Warriors?

Bad Mockups but you get the idea.

SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 17, 2021 5:21 am

That can definitely be reused for some Road Warriors figures.
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 7:44 am

Roufuss wrote:
It was still 25 at mine but I'll take it. Only things I've ever seen from the entire line were like 10 Romans and 1 Rey.
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 23, 2021 4:22 am

Anyone think they'll rerelease earlier figures like Undertaker or Triple H?
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun May 23, 2021 6:53 am

DisneyBoy wrote: Anyone think they'll rerelease earlier figures like Undertaker or Triple H?
What we think won't make any difference. It would be -nice- if they did. But there's currently no precedent for them doing so. If we're basing it on just what they've already done before, then it's more likely they'd redo the character, but with a different look (HHH, Warrior, Cena, Savage) rather than re-issue a figure from a previous wave, unfortunately.

Personally, I'd love a chance at that first wave again since I don't think it ever even came to Canada. Or at least my area of Canada. I never saw a single one of them, and I'd really like Sting and HHH from that first wave. Same for the Undertaker wave. Never saw a single figure locally from that wave at all. So I'm in favor of them being re-issued, but I don't expect them to be.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”