Classified Vehicles

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Classified Vehicles

Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:24 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:31 am
Chooch wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:13 pm
The Scream Man wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:29 am

Swampmasher?
Earthquake?
https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/92/earthquake/

Sidenote: The Swampmasher was amazing.
YES! Was the Earthquake thank you! No idea why Cobra needed a tractor unless they're flipping houses and gentrifying neighborhoods, but at least now I know what the thing was called.
Oh hey, there u go! I forgot about that one!
I did have a Swampmasher and loved it! :)
Fly4v wrote:
The Scream Man wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:51 am

So really you want a 6" action figure line that's realistic military vehicles. Which is fine, but not necessarily GI Joe.
Yes, if they produce near realistic vehicles it would expand that market beyond Joe's.

I am one of the people who wishes he had a Plan B WIlly's Jeep for Marvel Legends Captain America. If the Joe line had a Jeep, as opposed to a Humvee, that would would be great but I don't see kids thinking an open Jeep would be cool compared to an up-armored Humvee.

I also think the Little Bird is more practical because of the relative small size for 6 inch figures. There are support and attack variants. Plus, Ultimate Solders had a 12 inch version which I heavily customized and sadly sold.
[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://i.ibb.co/9rTHZ2c/AH-6.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>ibb</span><span>.</span><span>co</span><span>/</span><span>9rTHZ2c</span><span>/</span><span>AH</span><span>-</span><span>6</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
A 6 inch version would be a much more manageable scale plus everyone in 160th will but one.

Even the X-30 Conquest was based on the Grumman X-29.
First of all, love the Macross fighters. Those appear to be either the Yamato or Arcadia VF-0S and A and the YF-19. Definiely not the Bandai 19 because its missing the leg markings. Cool toys! :)

Second of all; while i like me some realistic vehicles as well, not for Joe. Joe has always been a fantasy. Yeah theres a few "real" vehicles here n there, but Id argue most of the best ones were a fantasy on some level. IMO the Rhino from the modern line is the best Joe vehicle ever; Sort of real feeling but still sci fi and crazy.

Thats the way Joe has always been. Just ask my old Mean Dog toy, or a Hiss Tank.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:32 am

The Scream Man wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:24 am

First of all, love the Macross fighters. Those appear to be either the Yamato or Arcadia VF-0S and A and the YF-19. Definiely not the Bandai 19 because its missing the leg markings. Cool toys! :)

Second of all; while i like me some realistic vehicles as well, not for Joe. Joe has always been a fantasy. Yeah theres a few "real" vehicles here n there, but Id argue most of the best ones were a fantasy on some level. IMO the Rhino from the modern line is the best Joe vehicle ever; Sort of real feeling but still sci fi and crazy.

Thats the way Joe has always been. Just ask my old Mean Dog toy, or a Hiss Tank.
Good Eye. Yes they are Yamato. The VF-0A was a Skull Squadron custom. I sold that one also but still have the VF-0S.
The only Bandai that were still displayed are custom old VF-17's, a custom VF-2SS and the VF-25's.

A Hiss tank would be nice also. I know that if we get vehicles they will most likely be modern creations if any due to licensing of appearance. I mean even the light pattern on the Eiffel Tower at night is now a protected property.

:rolleyes: I just toss things out in the very slim chance that Hasbro Marketing picks up on it.
If it was just me, me, me ... oh well, it is :lol:
I'd also say a Bradley Fighting Vehicle. Not just for the Joes but so I can make Cap's "tank" :ugh: that was dropped on the Hulk in the Ultimates comics.

If we get anything it most likely will be small.
Unless we are going to replace the table in the dining room with a USS Flagg.

:ugh: Yes they called it a tank in the comic but it is not a tank. There are many version beyond the fighting vehicle but it was never a tank.
Xnbach
I wish I had super powers

Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:56 am

I’m not sure if this is a universal European thing or just a German thing from a certain time, but when I was a (Gen X) kid, all the older (really late Boomer) teen boys in Germany all had to do a short mandatory stint in the military, so they all had the same photograph of a bunch of long-haired young men in uniform hanging out on a tank.

Anyway, I really want a 1/12 HISS tank and a bunch of Cobra Troopers so I can mix and match with some of my extra Marvel Legends heads and take a photo of the same kind of deal- bunch of henchmen relaxing and hanging out on their tank.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:18 am

Ash Talon wrote:Real world vehicles just arent going to happen. Plenty of people already won't let their kids play with war toys. Much less war toys based on actual war devices. There's a reason the real world 1:18 isn't in stores much. It's niche. So no, you wouldn't be expanding your market, you'd be shrinking it. And you'd also need to license real world designs. Fictionalized and scifi-esque toys have a better shot at getting to market and finding an audience.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
I think the recent US Presidential election proved that there were plenty of fish in the sea so to speak.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:16 pm

scribb wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:18 am
Ash Talon wrote:Real world vehicles just arent going to happen. Plenty of people already won't let their kids play with war toys. Much less war toys based on actual war devices. There's a reason the real world 1:18 isn't in stores much. It's niche. So no, you wouldn't be expanding your market, you'd be shrinking it. And you'd also need to license real world designs. Fictionalized and scifi-esque toys have a better shot at getting to market and finding an audience.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
I think the recent US Presidential election proved that there were plenty of fish in the sea so to speak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K5Wb9lzcNc

I think that is why my last local Target never had a single Joe.
Even with the fictionalized appearance, I don't think that population would be buying Joes.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:10 am

I honestly think a HISS tank would be about the biggest they would go. The 1/12 tie fighter didn’t do well (it wasn’t classic OT was probably the biggest reason) so this neglected line couldn’t possibly dream that big yet. Zartan’s Swamp Skier and Serpentor’s air chariot would make great $40 sets like the Baroness. I think small vehicles with a pack in figure are the most likely route. What trooper to pack in with the trouble bubble? Another cobra trooper variant is probably the safest but a viper would work too. Probably lots of motorcycle type sets. Maybe some new stuff like the COIL?

I don’t see them going beyond a $50 set right now but maybe in a few years they might feel comfortable enough. $100 Hiss tank might be comparable to the Star Wars snow speeder but that was fan channel only so that might be the avenue they take too. Even the movie line isn’t going hog wild and that’s usually when enough opens up to experiment.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:03 am

I echo what everyone else says. Small vehicles only.

I was never crazy about Serpentor in the first place, so I doubt I'd buy a Serpentor with or without his chariot in this line.

I suppose I'd pick up Destro's Despoiler if that's the only way to get an Iron Grenadier Destro, but it really is a kinda crappy vehicle. It's just a flying seat.

I would absolutely get a swamp skier for Zartan, especially if it comes with a variant Zartan, like blue or translucent plastic or something.

The last one I really like is the Cobra Claw. I could see them eventually trying a Trouble Bubble or Pogo, but I don't really dig those.

Updated SNAKE armor? Is that a vehicle? That'd be pretty cool.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:55 pm

In addition to my earlier rules (one for one, design aesthetic), I think it should be a rule that any maritime vehicle actually floats (or could).
Chooch
Avengers Assemble

Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:11 pm

os189 wrote:
I suppose I'd pick up Destro's Despoiler if that's the only way to get an Iron Grenadier Destro, but it really is a kinda crappy vehicle. It's just a flying seat.
Flying seat... to ride a D.E.M.O.N. (cue metal riff)

madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 pm

Chooch wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:11 pm
os189 wrote:
Flying seat... to ride a D.E.M.O.N. (cue metal riff)

This was one of my favorite vehicles growing up. I had Destro on top of that tank ordering to get closer so he can hit things with his sword.
If they do a HasLab Hiss Tank I would be all in for that. The Hiss Tank was the very first Cobra vehicle I got. I kind of wonder what a 1:12 scale version would feature. Definitely the driver needs to be included, but some working tank treads would be cool.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:37 am

os189 wrote:

Updated SNAKE armor? Is that a vehicle? That'd be pretty cool.
I dont know about the Snake Armor Specifically, but I could see some sort of mechs coming. And I welcome them.
Unclassified
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:22 am

This line don't even look like the vintage so therefore over sized vehicles that won't sell also won't look like they are supposed to. 25th anniversary etc made skystriker. It didn't sell. No way a huge ass vamp will. Joe collectors are cheapskates. It's a known fact. Famous for I'll wait for clearance.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:15 am

Well, this seems like the perfect time to bring up this "Cracked" article about GI Joe equipment design.

https://www.cracked.com/blog/the-20-stu ... cles-ever/
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:44 am

The only ones that seem remotely likely would be the

Cobra Flight Pod
Joe Ram
Cobra Fang
Polar Battle Bear
Joe Armadillo

and other really small vehicles...
DVD
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:49 am

Like a lot of others have said, smaller vehicles are the way to go.
Joes: RAM, Falcon glider, Polar Battle Bear, SHARC, Sky Hawk, Armadillo, Silver Mirage, Devilfish
Cobra: Trouble Bubble, FANG, Viper glider, SNAKE armor, CLAW, Ferret, Night Landing Craft, Dreadnok Swampfire, Dreadnok Cycle

There's also character specific vehicles like Serpentor w/Air Chariot, Zartan w/Chameleon, Destro w/Despoiler that would need to be sold as sets.

As for larger vehicles, I can see a VAMP, AWE Striker, HISS, Stinger, and other vehicles of that size, but thats as large as i would go. And i see them being like 1 per year as they'd probably carry a hefty price tag.

Anything larger would need to be Haslab, which I'm all for! Skystriker, Rattler, MOBAT, Dragonfly, Conquest, STUN, Night Raven, etc would all be amazing.

For me though, stick to the smaller vehicles. The Coil Cycle that came with the Baroness is fantastic and is the perfect size and price point. More of that!

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”