Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Closing out the Age of Apocalypse

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:03 am

Double post
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:04 am

Nate_Grey518 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:03 am
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:43 am
JTMarsh wrote:Wouldn't mind a BAF Colossus considering that he'd need to be bigger than this "bigger" version of Sabretooth we're getting. That would mean Holocaust would need to either be a deluxe figure or a BAF for a different wave considering he was in 616 for a time. Overall I would prefer a third AOA wave and I think there's enough desirable characters to support one.
Im so torn. 2 waves i can handle but I kinda hope the third wave is split up... theres so many xmen characters that need 616 waves, and outside of whatever is happening with domino/Cannonball and an Excalibur box set, no waves are classic 616... so its a whole year without alot if they break them up, we can get back to xmen waves filled with xmen from different eras

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
There's no need to spit the wave up, we have enough AoA characters for three or four waves.
Unless we get a couple 2packs or box sets Im fine with how they are handling the line so far. My only concern is accessories, the last wave lacked them but I'll blame it on the massive Sugarman we got.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:46 am

ditko wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:27 am
XMenLegacy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:59 pm
I'd love if we get a retro wave full of X-Force goodness, so this is just me not setting myself up if it doesn't happen!
100% same here. I do need another Cable fix badly and Kane is sculpted. Please please please....

I know it's the wrong thread but I want it so much. Retro for the win.

On topic, I think AoA P2 will be a better wave than the 2020 one honestly. It's more likely to have the cooler visuals from that story in my opinion.
Definitely need a blue/yellow Ian Churchill / Marvel vs. Capcom 2 style cable. And this wave of AOA I definitely anticipate being the cooler of the two. Provided this IS the last AOA wave and there isn't a third they're going to have to cram in the characters with the cooler designs. Cyclops and Iceman alone had very iconic looks. Magneto alone would make a decent deluxe figure with his normal AOA look, second unmasked head, blacked out inner mask with only eyes showing, or just a screaming head along with attachable "techno-trash" armor from where he tore Apocalypse in two. And Iceman alone might make for a decent 616 swap-in if he's deluxe and has an actual ice-slide etc.

As for dropping AOA characters into the normal wave, it's quite possible that a lot of the 616 figures we still want can go the Retro-carded route since that line is relatively new compared to the traditional boxed line. If 616 Banshee(s) and X-Force characters don't warrant a ToyBiz style card, I don't know what does!
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:53 am

JTMarsh wrote:
ditko wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:27 am
XMenLegacy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:59 pm
I'd love if we get a retro wave full of X-Force goodness, so this is just me not setting myself up if it doesn't happen!
100% same here. I do need another Cable fix badly and Kane is sculpted. Please please please....

I know it's the wrong thread but I want it so much. Retro for the win.

On topic, I think AoA P2 will be a better wave than the 2020 one honestly. It's more likely to have the cooler visuals from that story in my opinion.
Definitely need a blue/yellow Ian Churchill / Marvel vs. Capcom 2 style cable. And this wave of AOA I definitely anticipate being the cooler of the two. Provided this IS the last AOA wave and there isn't a third they're going to have to cram in the characters with the cooler designs. Cyclops and Iceman alone had very iconic looks. Magneto alone would make a decent deluxe figure with his normal AOA look, second unmasked head, blacked out inner mask with only eyes showing, or just a screaming head along with attachable "techno-trash" armor from where he tore Apocalypse in two. And Iceman alone might make for a decent 616 swap-in if he's deluxe and has an actual ice-slide etc.

As for dropping AOA characters into the normal wave, it's quite possible that a lot of the 616 figures we still want can go the Retro-carded route since that line is relatively new compared to the traditional boxed line. If 616 Banshee(s) and X-Force characters don't warrant a ToyBiz style card, I don't know what does!
All true. But I think several still need to be bafs, and unless they are "the retro wave" of the year, they seem to be more sporadic drops. Though spidey may be getting a bigger drop total this year on retro than the fantastic four, and they're this years "official retro wave"

JTMarsh
CROM!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:01 am

Very true as Abyss, Holocaust, Colossus could all easily make for BAFs. Iceman, Magneto, Angel and a few others could easily make for deluxe figures. If they were only to put Magneto, Rogue, Gambit and baby Charles pack-in in a 3pk like the Love Triangle boxset that would free up a number of spots in the AOA wave for other faces people want who didn't make the A-list like Nightcrawler, Deadman Wade, Forge etc. Even if they did 2 different Magneto's one in his normal AOA outfit, and the deluxe in a black bodysuit from AOA Omega with helmeted and unmasked head and attachable techno-trash armor, and we know how Hasbro likes to double dip on reuse. Ultimately it will all be based on how it sells. I think people assumed it didn't sell well because of all the Weapon X / Morph / Wildchild figures we saw on sale online and on pegs. By comparison Beast and Sunfire both sold well whether that's attributed to their looks being cool or having appeared in the 616 proper. Definitely excited to see who makes the cut for this wave, and if there are some glaring omissions then we can assume there's more to come after it.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:47 am

I’ll reserve major excitement for Sabretooth until I see better posed shots that give me a clearer sense of the range of motion he gets. I like that he’s big but he needs to be very dynamic and the pic they showed wasn’t quite doing it for me. Also definitely want an alternative head for him AND Blink as the face sculpt needs to be pure Madureira goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JTMarsh
CROM!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Not only that but they forgot Sabretooth's face tattoo.
Nate_Grey518
HULK SMASH!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:46 pm

There's a little part of me who would prefer Sabertooth or Colossus being the the BAF...
Keeps my dream of having a Four Horsemen box set alive...

So your telling me I have a chance?
JTMarsh
CROM!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:30 am

Nate_Grey518 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:46 pm
There's a little part of me who would prefer Sabertooth or Colossus being the the BAF...
Keeps my dream of having a Four Horsemen box set alive...

So your telling me I have a chance?
Maybe Lars Ulrich will come down your chimney this year with it.
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:10 pm

Wave revealed in Fwoosh's front page 2021 checklist (BAF still unknown):

http://thefwoosh.com/2021/04/marvel-leg ... um=twitter

1. Sabretooth
2. Cyclops
3. Rogue
4. Iceman
5. Magneto
6. Kitty Pryde (surprise!)
7. Legion

Excited for all of them! Hopefully we'll get Storm, Gambit and Bishop eventually. Kitty's presence makes me think BAF is Colossus
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:22 pm

Legion has been a long time wish for a lot of fans so that's great to hear.
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:55 pm

Yeah, I'm ready for Legion.

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:07 pm

Hah! See i knew that Legion comment was a clue !

Squigiman
Avengers Assemble

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:08 pm

Definitely a solid lineup, if true, for the second wave, between key players, more of the core team/s, and just iconic looks, like Iceman and Cyclops.

However, I really hope this ISN'T a closing out, and if sales merit it, there may be potential for continuation, as there are so many more characters to get to. It's my all-time favorite storyline, and Joe Mad came up with some great designs.

I want to at least finish up both Amazing and Astonishing, and then we could use a few more villains, maybe in the forms of the horsemen.

-Zach
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:12 pm

XMenLegacy wrote:Wave revealed in Fwoosh's front page 2021 checklist (BAF still unknown):

http://thefwoosh.com/2021/04/marvel-leg ... um=twitter

1. Sabretooth
2. Cyclops
3. Rogue
4. Iceman
5. Magneto
6. Kitty Pryde (surprise!)
7. Legion

Excited for all of them! Hopefully we'll get Storm, Gambit and Bishop eventually. Kitty's presence makes me think BAF is Colossus
Yeah, its probably colossus.. im annoyed theyre making kitty, as she's very far down my aoa want list and id much rather get mikhail, abyss, and Holocaust

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”