GTP 1:12 Tantive IV news...???

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
JackCaspian
I wish I had super powers
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

GTP 1:12 Tantive IV news...???

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:02 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard any news about this set...? I pre-ordered back in December, and haven't heard a word about it since. GTP listed a March 2021 ship date, but oddly have not sent any updates regarding its status, even with it now being more than a week into April. I sent them an email requesting an update on the order last week; they haven't replied at all. They also haven't updated their IG since December, and looking at the latest comments on their last IG post from 12/25/20, they don't seem to answering DMs, emails, or phone support at this point. Basically, complete radio silence. I've bought from GTP several time before, and never had any customer service issues to speak of, so this is... weird, to say the least.
I don't really mind production/shipping delays; it happens (especially these days), but I have to say that it does not inspire confidence in a company you drop $200 for a pre-order, then go more than three months without any updates whatsoever, and they won't even answer your emails. So again, just wondering if anyone in the community has any news/updates, or just any idea what the heck is going on with this set.

Also, apologies in advance if this thread is in the wrong place-- definitely not trying to start any fires here, just legit wondering what in the world is going on with this...??
Archrivals
CROM!

Re: GTP 1:12 Tantive IV news...???

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:28 pm

Nope, crickets here..
Matthew K
nah, pass

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:03 pm

GTP has always fulfilled every order I placed with them, so I'm not worried. That said, I take any dates they give me as a rough estimate. They make good stuff, but delays seem to be the norm.
JackCaspian

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:32 pm

Matthew K wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:03 pm
GTP has always fulfilled every order I placed with them, so I'm not worried. That said, I take any dates they give me as a rough estimate. They make good stuff, but delays seem to be the norm.
Agreed-- GTP has always done good business by me on orders up to this point, and delays will certainly happen. I guess my concern is more with the lack of updates/customer service at this point. Like... I dunno. Answering DMs and emails in a timely fashion seems like a good way to keep people from getting antsy. :?
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 pm

I emailed them a week or so back to see if they had any info about when it would ship - no reply
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:50 pm

I'm wondering when they are going to launch their next generation Death Star walls...and the long rumored Death Star Docking Bay in the 3.75" scale.
JackCaspian

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Just an update, for anyone who's following this:
Justin from youtube channel Out of the Basement posted a video update about this topic back on 4/5/21 (which basically echoed what's already known-- no communications from GTP), and then pinned this update to the comments on 4/8/21:

"Hello everyone! Update, we have contacted the founder of GTP Toys and actually got a response. An update is allegedly coming on Friday [4/9/21], shipping looks like it’ll be pushed back to June. When this update drops, everyone can rest easy. I’ll update the title of this video and pin a comment when that comes! -Justin"

So that was five days ago-- but, to date, no update or customer service communications from GTP ever actually came. At any rate, according to Justin, the shipping date will be pushed back to June. As others have said, probably take it with a grain of salt until GTP actually confirms it (if they ever do). It's weird that we have to get this info from a youtuber instead of GTP themselves.
Archrivals
CROM!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:54 pm

I really like there products and have spent a significant amount of money on them.

But a lack of communication (which takes minimal effort) is very unprofessional for a small company that is trying to sell higher end collectables.

Most of us would be happy to see an Instagram update about shipping delays. It's not hard.
JackCaspian

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:32 pm

Archrivals wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:54 pm
I really like there products and have spent a significant amount of money on them.

But a lack of communication (which takes minimal effort) is very unprofessional for a small company that is trying to sell higher end collectables.

Most of us would be happy to see an Instagram update about shipping delays. It's not hard.
Definitely agree. I think the majority of the SW toy collecting community at this point has gotten used to production problems, so it's not like announcing a delay in shipping would cause people to cancel their pre-orders or something. But to cease all communications and have zero updates seems like the one way to guarantee a loss of credibility within the community. Totally baffling/disappointing to see GTP go this route.

Also, this whole thing is made more concerning for a lot of folks because people paid up front for their orders, rather than being billed when it actually ships. So with no product in hand, and no updates on when it might show up... not a good look. :?
343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:40 pm

I too have been really pleased with their previous products before they got the license. But the total lack of communication in 2021 is worrying. I really hope they don’t just take our money and peace out or close the business without delivering anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:00 am

Check your email folks, the very long awaited update from GTP Toys is here! Awesome to finally hear from them.

Michael said estimated ship date is late July or August. Also he said due to low sales volume, the only sets that will be produced are those that were preordered.

Also, first physical prototype pictures revealed:

I’m sad to hear that the Tantive IV set didn’t sell well. I would’ve thought it’d be popular. I hope this isn’t the final product of GTP Toys as I imagine shouldering the cost of the official Star Wars license and low sales will be challenging for the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Archrivals
CROM!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:16 am

Between the business partner bailing, the low sales (which I can understand, this playset is 4 times the price of the vintage version which is only a 2 inch scale difference) and now the website was hacked. Man, I hope becoming a licensed vendor of Disney doesn't kill this company.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 am

Seems like this will be the end of them. Which is a bummer, I love their death star walls and I was looking forward to the new versions they showed off a while back.
Benedict
CROM!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 am

I think Disney not helping them get an international license impacted sales. This was only available to order from US/Canada. If he doesn’t bring on someone new to help I’m afraid they may stop after this releases. Seems a real shame.
Archrivals
CROM!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:00 pm

I didn't know they couldn't sell this internationally, that's very unfortunate to hear. I love their products which is why I supported it. :-(

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”