Star Wars Figuarts!

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
bolingbroke
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Figuarts!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:06 am

RoboKillah wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:20 am
Haha, that the biggest @$!%^#* version of an "I told you so" I've seen in a while, congrats!
Thanks Robo, and it’s even better if you imagine saying it in that drawl of yours!

‘Line’s not deeeyeddd!’

Seriously though, this feels like the end of an era doesn’t it, an era that started with the release of the first Vader and the stormtrooper, and everyone starting to collect these superior Japanese figures, the excitement of receiving your parcels from auch exotic places as Nakano or Osaka, opening those little boxes with all those accessories, how special it all was at a time when all of the human Black Series figures looked like survivors of a plane crash (and STILL most reviewers back then were giving them rave reviews!), how exciting it all was.

What’s next, who knows. I imagine there will be people - and not a few - who will move on to collecting Hot Toys. Others will go back to Hasbro. Others still, they’ll maybe drop out of collecting altogether, who knows.
Benedict
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:51 am

bolingbroke wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:06 am
RoboKillah wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:20 am
Haha, that the biggest @$!%^#* version of an "I told you so" I've seen in a while, congrats!
Thanks Robo, and it’s even better if you imagine saying it in that drawl of yours!

‘Line’s not deeeyeddd!’

Seriously though, this feels like the end of an era doesn’t it, an era that started with the release of the first Vader and the stormtrooper, and everyone starting to collect these superior Japanese figures, the excitement of receiving your parcels from auch exotic places as Nakano or Osaka, opening those little boxes with all those accessories, how special it all was at a time when all of the human Black Series figures looked like survivors of a plane crash (and STILL most reviewers back then were giving them rave reviews!), how exciting it all was.

What’s next, who knows. I imagine there will be people - and not a few - who will move on to collecting Hot Toys. Others will go back to Hasbro. Others still, they’ll maybe drop out of collecting altogether, who knows.
Calm down, have a cup of tea and a biscuit.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:06 am

Wow.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:54 pm

I mean...If they wanted to show that this line is not THAT dead, they could at least give us a teaser, photoshop or photo of an actor, whatever. Tell us "comming soon eventually". It's not that hard to do. But I don't know. I want this line to continue. I want new Luke, Han and Leia. Lando and another Yoda. Other new characters they'll never release too.

Time will tell, I guess.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:05 pm

Yikes. They always double down.
Rageasaurus
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:10 pm

Reinanigans wrote:
Benedict wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:35 am
*and a smaller head, it’s a little too big.
His Mando outfit is different from ROTJ + tunic look. It’s closer to prequel Jedi robes.

I cut some of the pelvis piece to let the legs move more. It already looked like boxers, now it’s briefs.
I'm not seeing the large head complaint, but yes, the Mandalorian look is specifically prequel era jedi tunic which is a fair bit longer than his Jabba's Palace tunic. Plus, he wears a shirt underneath the tunic in addition to the high collar shirt he wears in RotJ. Plus, of course, he wears his belt over the tunic, which he didn't in the actual film, since he had no need for a belt--R2 was carrying his lightsaber after all, and he wanted to at least appear unarmed.

OT-Customs has made a tunic and belt upgrade kit based on the Mandalorian design. I ordered it in January, and can't wait for it to arrive to use on one of my SHF Lukes.

I really hope Armorer wasn't the end of this line and just a short pause. :(
The Figuarts Jedi Luke, after all this time, still my favorite SW figure in my collection. I’ve worked on customizing it to my liking and think the Casting Cave head is excellent although maybe slightly too narrow in the face. I went for a Jedi Master look inspired by EU and Mandalorian. Black cloak is pretty dope but I think I still prefer the brown one! I hope this line isn’t dead.

Also, if anyone is wondering, I bought the custom tunic off an eBay seller named jmoore1027 and the belt was from gpslot. Cloak was from one of the first OG cloth goods provider..rickhor409.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:56 am

Wow, that tunic looks great!

You know, I mentioned that it sucked that there's no new SW announcements from the import lines, and someone said "Yeah, but maybe on May 4th?"

I was actually taken aback. Maybe they're waiting for that day to announce new solicitations? It's only a month away now. :?:
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:13 am

Reinanigans wrote:

You know, I mentioned that it sucked that there's no new SW announcements from the import lines, and someone said "Yeah, but maybe on May 4th?"

I was actually taken aback. Maybe they're waiting for that day to announce new solicitations? It's only a month away now. :?:
I don't think Bandai plays that game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've never solicited or released anything on that day.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:06 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Reinanigans wrote:

I don't think Bandai plays that game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've never solicited or released anything on that day.
No idea. But it’s just odd that it’s radio silence from both import lines.

Finally got in all of the SHF Lukes. They’re definitely awesome figures.

But mostly I got the two sequel figures so I could kitbash my own headcanon Grandmaster Luke.

Seriously, that Hamill sculpt is fantastic.
os189
CROM!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:03 pm

SHF Old Man like and Farmboy Luke are works of art. By far the best human likenesses ever.

Having said that........WHERE IS BOBA FETT? Nomad Fett, Dirty Fett, and Clean Fett. Hasbro and SHF are leaving a ton of cash just sitting there by not getting these out immediately. This is the second biggest cash cow since Baby Yoda cooed into our lives. Even casual fans love the FETT.

Come on already!!!!
chodenjipop
Avengers Assemble

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:20 pm

Has anyone who ordered the Armorer from Nin-nin-games receive theirs already? Still haven’t gotten a shipping invoice from them.

RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:27 pm

I got mine from Nin-Nin on March 30th.
chodenjipop
Avengers Assemble

Star Wars Figuarts!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:56 pm

RoboKillah wrote:I got mine from Nin-Nin on March 30th.
Ok. Did you use their My Private Warehouse?

Update:
They just responded to my ticket from 2 weeks ago asking if I’m supposed to get an invoice for private warehouse automatically or do I have to request them and they said they have several thousand orders and invoices to ship so they need some time to get to mine. I guess I’m going to have to wait some more.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:15 pm

chodenjipop wrote:Has anyone who ordered the Armorer from Nin-nin-games receive theirs already? Still haven’t gotten a shipping invoice from them.

I received mine last week sometime.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:49 pm

chodenjipop wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:56 pm
RoboKillah wrote:I got mine from Nin-Nin on March 30th.
Ok. Did you use their My Private Warehouse?

Update:
They just responded to my ticket from 2 weeks ago asking if I’m supposed to get an invoice for private warehouse automatically or do I have to request them and they said they have several thousand orders and invoices to ship so they need some time to get to mine. I guess I’m going to have to wait some more.
I've had some hiccups with Nin-Nin in the last few months but they always come through. In January I ordered an in stock figure (Toei Spider-Man) and it took a month of processing before it shipped. They advertise 2-4 days but that's not the case. I ordered 'I AM IRON MAN' Mk. 85 on 3/5 and it didn't ship until 4/5. :I

But for my Armorer pre order they shipped it out DAY ONE. I think they just prioritize pre orders over in stock stuff. It's weird your order wasn't shipped out, but I don't think you need to worry. I wouldn't open more than one ticket with them.

They're not Nippon Yasan haha. At least not yet.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”