G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:21 pm

september_death wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:43 pm
I’m bot the vocal townsfolk grabbing my pitchfork, but they do deserve a good bit of negative attention. The Zartan wave apparently bot being able to meet preorder demand (including being indefinitely pushed back direct from Pulse) is laughable. I’m expecting no change when they get to Lady Jaye and Flint, who are already showing up but I believe we’re originally solicited for June. I know they aren’t going to throw Target under the bus, but the longer the issues carry on, the less people will blame retailers anyway.

At a minimum, they need to announce non-exclusive versions of all four remaining CI figures (Beachhead, Baroness, Firefly and Vipers). Other than the elephant in the room of availability, which will not be discussed, I think the other concern is the amount of releases. 2021 will have four releases going into June, barring any new announcements. But Hasbro seems to be trending a 3-6 month lead on preorders, so that very small number may not change.
Hasbro’s GI Joe team deserves all of the negative attention they are getting regarding distribution. It’s been over a year since I’ve seen a GI Joe figure in stores. The complaints about the lack of availability are a year old at this point.

If this product fails it will be because of ineptitude. Increase the supply to meet the demand! Enough time has passed that whatever issues were impeding availability should have been solved by now, whether they were contractual, manufacturing related, or even due to COVID and the inertia of digital collaboration.
madflava
CROM!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:24 pm

Movie figure pictures have been leaked
https://news.hisstank.com/2021/04/07/sn ... aled-72449
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:30 pm

Not bad for $10. I'm assuming this is the kid focused line of figures then. Similar to what Marvel does around movie releases. I'd also guess they are slightly shorter to differentiate the two lines?
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:37 pm

Night Creepers confirmed!! Can’t wait to watch online reviews of the eventual Classified figure.
madflava
CROM!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:49 pm

Interesting that Storm Shadow is basically the Amazon exclusives repainted, minus the hood and different accessories other than the quiver. Makes me wonder if the Amazon exclusive was always based on the Storm Shadow movie costume and they change the paint scheme and added the hood to make him look like Ninja Force Storm Shadow.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:53 pm

I like that Scarlett better than either Classified versions.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:31 pm

The basic line kinda looks like garbage. It's giving me those awful Sigma 6 figure vibes...
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:04 pm

I wish the classified red ninja had that staff you can attach all the weapons to.
gyrapados
Avengers Assemble

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:44 am

I think that it’s insane that we have to preorder the same figures at like 5 different places, HOPING one of them can fill the order.

This just keeps getting worse instead of better. Man the GI Joe peeps are gonna get blasted.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:47 am

GI Joe peeps are delicious. They taste like marshmallow and gunpowder!
343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:50 am

Chooch wrote:https://news.hisstank.com/2021/04/05/ne ... sive-72439

So possible Major Bludd is possibly Target Exclusive. If people weren't soaking their torches before...
Saw this reported on ToyNewsI today, incredibly disappointing to see Major Bludd is apparently a Target Exclusive Cobra Island figure. I would’ve really hoped after a year of constant complaints Hasbro would learn to stop making these popular characters Target Exclusives.

Isn’t this the third wave Hasbro has given to Target exclusively? I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt after the debacle of the first Cobra Island release but this is just getting ridiculous now. I’m sure collectors will make their displeasure known on Friday if this news is true (hopefully in a reasonable and not personal way lol...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:00 am

Slixta wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:31 pm
The basic line kinda looks like garbage. It's giving me those awful Sigma 6 figure vibes...
The Sigma 6 aesthetic wasn't for everyone, but they were solid figures who were better articulated than most of what was available at the time. I remember not digging them at first, but then I bought one on a whim and absolutely fell in love with it.

And (GASP) you could actually find them in the store and purchase them!

I was hoping that the basic movie line would be appealing so that I could actually buy some new G.I Joe toys, but I think it's going to be a pass. Looks like the only Joe stuff I'll be picking up will be a few Funko POPs...unless Hasbro pulls some massive mea culpa this Friday and outlines a dedicated plan to get these figures into people's hands including additional production runs and assurances that the Cobra Island characters will eventually be released in the regular line.

I'm not holding my breath.
Fly4v
CROM!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:10 am

gyrapados wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:44 am
I think that it’s insane that we have to preorder the same figures at like 5 different places, HOPING one of them can fill the order.

This just keeps getting worse instead of better. Man the GI Joe peeps are gonna get blasted.
Having to make 5 pre-orders and then cancel 4 will eventually hurt the retailers.
I understand why we have to do it. :|

At some point that the retailers will stop taking pre-orders or immediately charge for pre-orders and only offer store credit for cancelled orders.

I would hope that the retailers would take it out on the manufacture but I have a feeling the customer will again be on the loosing side of the formula.
gyrapados
Avengers Assemble

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:27 am

Have any of you folks who ordered through BBTS received your cobra infantry figures yet? Just trying to gauge if I need to get my hopes of of getting g them before the end of the year (since apparently the only one who gets figures later than them is Pulse).
madflava
CROM!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:54 am

gyrapados wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:27 am
Have any of you folks who ordered through BBTS received your cobra infantry figures yet? Just trying to gauge if I need to get my hopes of of getting g them before the end of the year (since apparently the only one who gets figures later than them is Pulse).
I haven't yet. I think I preordered back in December though.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”