Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:24 pm

Yeah Netflix pulled the rug out from under me so to speak. I was on Super Megaforce. Which I was actually enjoying, mostly because of the fight/action scenes. I did jump in on Beast Morphers, and it's okay. Not awful, but certainly a product of the declining quality and overly formulaic and pedantic writing. There is zero depth. I think Nate and Steel are my favorite characters...but there's not much to grab onto and I can only watch an episode or two at a time before I have to switch out.

Though a new MMPR based (animated?) series with the same quality and care as the new Voltron, She-Ra, Carmen Sandiego, or Dragon Prince really excites me...

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:38 pm

It really annoys me hearing about how basic and formulaic Beast Morphers is since the source material is ironically one of the more serious Sentai series in the franchise and is fairly popular with older viewers. To the point where they had to try and lighten it up halfway through since kids weren't connecting with it as much.

I adore the sentai and was really glad to see it brought over for PR, but the outcome outside of some details sounds disappointing.
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:58 am

matchu778 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:37 pm
You saw pink Rangers pegwarming? Must be nice! Lol she’s prob the most sought after figure from the line at this point, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only saw Zach once and I grabbed him. He was almost invisible. Never saw him again after that.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:27 am

I'm hoping we get a Scorpina and a Divatox reveal on Friday.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:26 pm

I'm hoping we get a look at those turtle sets as well. And the new monsters. I just have a feeling they may just show us most of the stuff we know about already.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:42 pm

I told myself for the longest time that I didn’t need the Zeo Rangers, but saw the green one today and caved. I have a bit of nostalgia for them and think they just look cool.

Red and Blue are still easy to find, but Gold (who I passed on multiple times) has gone up. Anyone have a lead on one for a non-crazy price? (Well, under $40. He’s not going for too crazy prices)
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:06 am

And here I thought Trey would be easy to get since it's not the Jason head and the one with the Jason head already came out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:37 pm

...well those were some weak reveals. Repaints of already released Rangers and a Target Exclusive Tyrannosaurus sentry.
Child_of_the_90's
Super Poseable

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:38 pm

Looks like Hasbro fixed their awful red ranger helmet. The new metallic armor red ranger has a far better helmet as does the Tyrano Sentry figure they just announced. Hopefully there is a regular newly released red MMPR figure with the new helmet.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:39 pm

BOOM! Red Sentry looks good. Was hoping it would be a shared exclusive between Target & Pulse, but looks like Just Target...

On a side note, Paul is super cute :D
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Honestly kinda disappointed in the Fan Fest reveals.

The rest of the metallic rangers which...cool but it's more MMPR so okay. Then the Tyrannosaurus Sentry which I was super happy to see cause I love the Drakkon army suit variations and could already visualize having at least 4 flanking him on all sides, but then they drop the bomb that it's Target exclusive and my excitement just vanished.

And that was it. I need variation with this line outside of what gets leaked. No monster teases? No news about those Ninja Turtle listings? Like what's the plan for this line going onward?
Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:41 pm

Hopefully they have the original 5 MMPR re-released with both unhelmeted heads in the future.
Child_of_the_90's
Super Poseable

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:42 pm

SymbiSpidey wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:37 pm
...well those were some weak reveals. Repaints of already released Rangers and a Target Exclusive Tyrannosaurus sentry.
Yeah.... I was expecting more. Like... a lot more.... there are a bunch of codes for yet to be revealed product, including 2 more monsters that are suppose to be out in a few months.

I was surprised by and very happy to see the sentry, and then they crushed it with the Target Exclusive thing. Hopefully it won't sell out in seconds like every other target exclusive.
Child_of_the_90's
Super Poseable

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:46 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Honestly kinda disappointed in the Fan Fest reveals.

The rest of the metallic rangers which...cool but it's more MMPR so okay. Then the Tyrannosaurus Sentry which I was super happy to see cause I love the Drakkon army suit variations and could already visualize having at least 4 flanking him on all sides, but then they drop the bomb that it's Target exclusive and my excitement just vanished.

And that was it. I need variation with this line outside of what gets leaked. No monster teases? No news about those Ninja Turtle listings? Like what's the plan for this line going onward?
It seems like they don't want to announce stuff too far in advance for some reason. We know there is a lot more coming, but they don't want to confirm it. Or maybe they are just behind in production. They didn't even have the pics for the metallic stuff ready for the stream, but at least they were on the pre-order pages.
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Taken from Preternia:

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”