Do you think we will get a Willow action figure line with the new Disney Plus Series?

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Do you think we will get a Willow action figure line with the new Disney Plus Series?

Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:46 am

I was just wondering with the new series in preproduction, if we will see a series of Willow action figures from Hasbro? I believe 6” scale figures would probably be best, especially if we want figure of the mischievous Brownies! I hope for some cool new characters in the series as well. The more fantasy based characters we can get the better! What would everyone else like to see?
Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: Do you think we will get a Willow action figure line with the new Disney Plus Series?

Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:05 am

A Haslab Eborsisk would be a nice bridge between now-ish and closer to the series debut...
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Do you think we will get a Willow action figure line with the new Disney Plus Series?

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:43 pm

My friend is a Willow fanatic. In fact, he started the world's first Willow homepage on geocities back in 1995 or so.

He bought the rare eborsisk toy back in the infancy of ebay, too. I was so excited to finally see it in person. Did you know it has "fur?" Part of it is flocked.

It's also undeniably, 100%, without a shadow of a doubt, two penises on a body. There's no way to unsee it once you look at the toy. They're look like grey dildos. I can see why the toy never got wide release.

Willow was a flop in every conceivable way, so I can't ever see any toys from it. In fact, I'll be very shocked if this announced series ever sees fruition. There's only a handful of people in the world that even care about Willow. Even Lucas seems like he's wanted zero to do with it for 30 years.

Having said all that, fully articulated figures of Madmartigan and General Kael with loads of accessories have always been high on my dream list, but I know they'll never happen.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:02 pm

I'm not getting my hopes up about anything Willow related.

BUT, I'm a huge fan of the film and the novel series was actually quite enjoyable as best I can remember. Can't speak to if I'd ever want action figures from a potential new show or film project since.. who knows? But I would -definitely- love it if this gave us some great original film figures. At least if they were done in a 'collector' style. That would be amazing.

Do I think it's going to happen? Honestly, I don't.
But I'd love it if it did.
GuruAskew
CROM!

Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:42 am

Hasbro could do a LucasFilm Black Series. Indians Jones. Willow. The American Graffiti and More American Graffiti figures that millions of people beg for every minute of every day. They could even combine it with their Marvel license to make a movie-style Howard the Duck figure if they wanted to break the best-selling toy records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Artistix
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:21 am

I loved this movie as a kid.

Just had to go check out some scenes on Youtube. I'd forgotten how awesome the final fight was between the two old women! Somewhat reminiscent of Galdalf v Saruman.

I'd be down with any toys.
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:14 am

Artistix wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:21 am
I loved this movie as a kid.

Just had to go check out some scenes on Youtube. I'd forgotten how awesome the final fight was between the two old women! Somewhat reminiscent of Galdalf v Saruman.

I'd be down with any toys.
I remember watching for a line of action figures when this movie first premiered and all that came out were those pre-posed figures on bases. I was so disappointed. I hope this series will offer a good bit of opportunity to expand on its world setting and character base. I hope it can be just different enough from D&D and Lord of the Rings to kind of stand apart from those and be it’s own fantasy setting. Kind of like “Legend”.
EICzerofour
HULK SMASH!

Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:54 am

I'd love an action figure of Willow. Also more characters from the movie... it would be nice. 😁

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”