Disney+ Wave 2 August 2021 - (Unknown BaF)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 2 August 2021 - (Unknown BaF)

Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:22 pm

e-rock wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:15 pm
My guess is BAF Uatu is likely. This is a wave where I may get the Loki based figure early and get the rest when it goes down. Very not excited for What If figures. Only one I would want is Uatu. If he ain't even the BAF.... probable skip.
without knowing much about the toon, Uatu makes a lot of sense to me as well.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:37 pm

I wonder what the Loki-related figure is considering there is supposedly a Loki figure in Wave 1. Is it a character different than Loki himself? Or do we get an Avengers Loki in Wave 1 and a President Loki in Wave 2? As much as I love new characters, I would like both those versions of Loki.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:41 pm

tatooinesandworm wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:14 pm
sepster wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:10 pm
I really wasn't expecting any figures from What If...? but if this is true, I would have to think Peggy Cap is a lock and I have to hope that the Watcher is the BAF (although I suppose it could also be the WWII Iron Man armor Steve wears).
Pretty sure that is coming as a deluxe figure outside the wave (The Hydra Stomper)

That would be awesome.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:05 pm

e-rock wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:03 pm
Pasting from Wandavision thread:
tatooinesandworm wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:45 pm
e-rock wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:40 pm

Will wave 2 just be Hawkeye, What If, and Ms. Marvel based?
What If - 6 figures
Loki - 1 figure
Very disappointing breakdown. I have to hope and assume we get a wave early next year for Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk. Maybe a Hawkeye 2 pack? Since they are late in year....maybe this is why the 2nd wave is mainly What If? Also, cause of heavy reuse?
Part of me is disappointed as well, but I'm also cool with a little relief since I'm anticipating the IW Premium Line to really kick me in the savings.
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble

Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:19 pm

Yeah, disappointed as well. Especially if they have animated looks like the Spider-verse figures.

I wonder if we're getting a bunch of 2-packs covering the live action shows.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:25 pm

My guess, and this is a guess, is that Hawkeye, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel will be the focus of the first D+ wave next year.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:39 pm

e-rock wrote:
My guess, and this is a guess, is that Hawkeye, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel will be the focus of the first D+ wave next year.
I echo your guess. Maybe they'll throw a hole-filler in with next year's 'anniversary' type line, or a set or something, but I'm not counting on it being soon. Moving right along.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:42 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
e-rock wrote:
I echo your guess. Maybe they'll throw a hole-filler in with next year's 'anniversary' type line, or a set or something, but I'm not counting on it being soon. Moving right along.

They throw what in there?
Mr Fiend
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:52 pm

tatooinesandworm wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:14 pm
sepster wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:10 pm
I really wasn't expecting any figures from What If...? but if this is true, I would have to think Peggy Cap is a lock and I have to hope that the Watcher is the BAF (although I suppose it could also be the WWII Iron Man armor Steve wears).
Pretty sure that is coming as a deluxe figure outside the wave (The Hydra Stomper)
Captain Britain Peggy and WW2 Iron Man sound perfect! I wonder if we’re gonna get a zombie or two in this wave?
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:04 pm

Well that's rather disappointing. I have a feeling the 1 Loki figure will just be another Loki.

So while many are speculating the 3 wave covering the next batch of MCU proper D+ series' I have to wonder if perhaps due to the popularity of WandaVision and fan demand for Darcy and Jimmy is Hasbro pulling the trigger on individual waves per show and filling this second wave with easily retooled What if figures as a course correct??? Wishful thinking but still...It would make Loki the last series to share a wave hence him getting one more figure. And then Ms. Marvel's wave could be announced before the year is up with a Hawkeye wave shortly after...
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:08 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Well that's rather disappointing. I have a feeling the 1 Loki figure will just be another Loki.

So while many are speculating the 3 wave covering the next batch of MCU proper D+ series' I have to wonder if perhaps due to the popularity of WandaVision and fan demand for Darcy and Jimmy is Hasbro pulling the trigger on individual waves per show and filling this second wave with easily retooled What if figures as a course correct??? Wishful thinking but still...It would make Loki the last series to share a wave hence him getting one more figure. And then Ms. Marvel's wave could be announced before the year is up with a Hawkeye wave shortly after...
They ain't giving all the shows their own waves. Each movie gets a wave as is, and Marvel Studios is transitioning to 4 movies a year. At least 3. This year alone we are getting 5 shows. So, that is 8-10 MCU things a year. All those are not getting waves. As much as I want them to. They would only do that of MCU becomes its own line and they split them. They ain't doing that.
JoshuaKat
Avengers Assemble

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:10 pm

Also, since there's a rumor of Steve's What If armor coming as separate Deluxe figure does this mean the first Disney Plus wave has more to come? An unannounced deluxe figure or perhaps a 2 pack to accompany the wave like the movie waves have?
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:16 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Also, since there's a rumor of Steve's What If armor coming as separate Deluxe figure does this mean the first Disney Plus wave has more to come? An unannounced deluxe figure or perhaps a 2 pack to accompany the wave like the movie waves have?

I hope we get some Wandavision, F&WS, and Loki packs and such as well. Would make the What If wave thing hurt less
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:19 pm

I'm counting on those 2-packs to get characters like Agatha, Monica and Sharon.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:23 pm

sepster wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:42 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
e-rock wrote:

They throw what in there?
Dunno...Maybe Monica or Sharon.
JoshuaKat wrote:
Me too, but...
Spoiler! :
I'm hoping for Lady Loki. She will be the surprise hit of the series who steals the scenes she is in. Perhaps the Agatha of the show (my speculation).
JoshuaKat wrote:
Realistic, as opposed to animated, style for the What If figures would make so much sense as far as reusing parts. Some stuff they have made that could lend to kitbashing, and other things they could probably use again for figures of character never done before. Yeah, wishful thinking, but logical.

I'd even be okay with waves split between two shows. WandaVision taking most of a wave with some WinterFalcon figures, then another wave of most of WinterFalcon and two Loki figures.
e-rock wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:08 pm
They ain't giving all the shows their own waves. Each movie gets a wave as is, and Marvel Studios is transitioning to 4 movies a year. At least 3. This year alone we are getting 5 shows. So, that is 8-10 MCU things a year. All those are not getting waves. As much as I want them to. They would only do that of MCU becomes its own line and they split them. They ain't doing that.
But they should. It's too much now to maintain that style of release.
JoshuaKat wrote:
I would love for that to be the case, but TSW hasn't said anything about that yet.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”