Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Matthew K
nah, pass
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dungeons & Dragons: Drizzt released

Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:11 pm

I can see why they would size him up, he's never looked that tiny to me in the artwork I've seen. Especially standing next to the seven foot tall Wulfgar.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:16 pm

Are there any events coming up where we could potentially hear of more D&D figures? I'm not aware of any online Toy Fair substitutes.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:46 pm

Lightning Collection just showed off their upcoming Tenga Warrior which, actually, would fit pretty seamlessly into a D&D collection, I think.

Matthew K wrote: I can see why they would size him up, he's never looked that tiny to me in the artwork I've seen. Especially standing next to the seven foot tall Wulfgar.
Yeah. The short but not 'fantasy short' characters are tough because I don't think people see someone with that kind of stature as being 'heroic' enough. So the scale tends to get wonked in favor of making sure he really pops in the artwork. I get it. What can ya' do. If these were cheaper I might try to cut some height out of his thighs (his legs look a little long anyway) to make sure if we get Wulfgar he looks appropriately huge next to Drizzt. But at 40 US bucks + shipping a pop, I don't think I'll be doing any modding.
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:38 am

I put Drizzt up beside my Age of Apocalypse Wolverine and they are roughly the same height. I’ll have to see how he scaled next to my GI Joe Roadblock. That Tenga Warrior is awesome! I don’t remember them from Power Rangers but I was college aged when it came to be really popular and I didn’t catch many episodes. Kinda reminds me of a Skeksis! Dark Crystal would be a great Hasbro property! That Tenga Warrior has me anxious to see potential D&D Orcs, Trolls, Goblins, Bugbears, etc!
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:58 pm

https://toynewsi.com/166-38444

I’m surprised I was first to comment on this. Looks like more Dungeons & Dragons figures will be coming. What’s not clear however is if these are going to be Hasbro or what scale they will be in. If not Hasbro maybe WizKids will tap Jazzwares? Their Fortnite and Halo 4” figures are really awesome quality builds and I could see that scale of figure being used in RPG scenarios. I would really like a continuation of what Hasbropulse introduced with Drizzt though. What’s everyone else think?
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:05 pm

bgiles73 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:58 pm
https://toynewsi.com/166-38444

I’m surprised I was first to comment on this. Looks like more Dungeons & Dragons figures will be coming. What’s not clear however is if these are going to be Hasbro or what scale they will be in. If not Hasbro maybe WizKids will tap Jazzwares? Their Fortnite and Halo 4” figures are really awesome quality builds and I could see that scale of figure being used in RPG scenarios. I would really like a continuation of what Hasbropulse introduced with Drizzt though. What’s everyone else think?
I saw this yesterday because I paint a lot of their Nolzur minis for my games and thought it was weird that they mention action figures under Wizkids, though Wizkids and Hasbro have teamed up on licensing deals in the past (Wizkids does unpainted miniatures for Transformers and MLP and announced a deal to do GI Joe miniatures as well). Wonder if it's another scale they're referencing, because I'm really hoping Drizz't isn't a one-off. Seems like a big investment in time and marketing for him to be the only figure they make. Wizkids have been making D&D painted minis for ages, too, so maybe this is some unified project between the two. I'd rather see them take some of Wizkids' designs for miniatures with Hasbro's figure quality, if I had my choice.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:49 pm

I saw it, but it didn't excite me. I know WizKids is owned by NECA, but if they were going to do NECA style action figures then why would they even bother with WizKids? I'm guessing this will be something completely different and probably won't fit with the current figure Hasbro has given us so I don't see much reason for excitement. Maybe they'll surprise me, but if anything, it makes me think Hasbro did their one D&D release and then said "Eh, it's easier to let someone else do something here and pay us for it." That doesn't mean Hasbro will for sure abandon D&D, since we've seen them license out Transformers and Power Rangers recently, but it doesn't help the cause. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. WizKids is saying "soon" we'll have more information on the action figure line, but "soon" is also the most useless timeframe in the English language so who knows when we'll actually see something.
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:28 pm

I’m sure I saw a while back that Hasbro leased the 4” GI Joe license to Jazzwares. I’m sure this is probably the same kind of thing here. It would probably be a great way to get a cool brand out there and Hasbro could still dazzle us with a 6” line to go along with Drizzt. I have several of those 4” Jazzwares Halo and Fortnite figures and definitely wouldn’t mind getting my hands on similar figures for D&D!
https://news.hisstank.com/2020/01/05/ja ... ense-67547
This link is from last years Toy Fair. Not really sure if the GI Joe 4” line is still going to be picked up by Jazwares or not but I could imagine a D&D line as extensive as Fortnite would be a lot of fun and I’m sure easily customizable!
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:24 pm

I'm gonna take a wild guess about this WizKids news that the "action figures" being discussed are a ReAction style line or similar retro/nostalgia offering. WizKids doesn't exactly have much experience with articulation.
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:45 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:24 pm
I'm gonna take a wild guess about this WizKids news that the "action figures" being discussed are a ReAction style line or similar retro/nostalgia offering. WizKids doesn't exactly have much experience with articulation.
If they go the retro route, the original LJN AD&D line would be the way to go. I really hope they go with a Jazwares 4” line ( I really like those well made super articulated figures by them. I just hope they add a property I really care a lot about like D&D!) and continue with a 6” Hasbro Pulse collector’s line like they did with Drizzt. Just please add playable content with figures from both lines.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:21 pm

That was a false rumor about the Fortnite GI Joe deal. It was for some other type of merchandise and not 4" figures.

Personally, I've love 2" Mega Construx collector-style figures for DD. I forgot NECA owning Wizkids. If NECA is going to have Wizkids start manufacturing action figures, I'm assuming they won't be in the typical NECA style. So maybe something smaller than normal?
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:56 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:21 pm
That was a false rumor about the Fortnite GI Joe deal. It was for some other type of merchandise and not 4" figures.

Personally, I've love 2" Mega Construx collector-style figures for DD. I forgot NECA owning Wizkids. If NECA is going to have Wizkids start manufacturing action figures, I'm assuming they won't be in the typical NECA style. So maybe something smaller than normal?
I’m just wishfully speculating that maybe it will be Jazwares. Hasbro is letting them revive the Micromachines toy brand. Maybe WizKids could partner up with Jazwares on a 4” and 6” line aimed more for kids. Hasbro Pulse could give us a 6” collector line beginning with those coveted Cartoon series figures we have all been wanting! Throw in a build a Tiamat and it’s going to be an instant hit!

As soon as I finish posting thing I see this which makes me kind of hopeful even more so:
https://toynewsi.com/278-38454
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:24 am

Man I would be 100% all in for a 3 3/4" D&D line!

Would also be all in for a "retro" release of the old LJN figures, no question.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:47 pm

The dream would be 6” D&D cartoon figures.

Everything else is gravy.
Subby
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:05 am

I don’t buy 3 3/4” figures but I’d support a 6” line. Drizzt is one of the best figures Hasbro has ever made.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”

Recent Topics