Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:32 am

Saw this on IG. I really like it. If I can get a Ult Hogan for like $20 or less, I’ll give this a try.

I wish I hadn’t used the HOF Hogan bandana I had on a failed attempt at a nWo bandana. I have a molded basic Hogan bandana head somewhere. I wonder if it’s the same mold?
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:33 pm

Fans choice UE coming to Amazon later this year. Choices are WM9 Hogan, Nitro debut Hogan or Uncensored 96 Hogan. Vote at WWE.com.

Got an email that UE Rock was back up and sold out again when I clicked on the link. Guess my hubris got me on that one. Cancelled my PO to grab it later when money was running lean a few months back. Oh well. Hogan won't get cancelled though. Want them all!

Got E82 Alexa Bliss, E81 Street Profits, Elite Freddie Blassie ($15 on Amazon now) so far this week with UE Charlotte Flair, E81 Bianca Bellaire and E83 Sasha Banks arriving Friday.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:39 pm

That's a bummer. Ultimate Rock is my pick for best WWE figure of 2020. Mattel nailed every aspect of it.
Boy Wonder

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:30 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Fans choice UE coming to Amazon later this year. Choices are WM9 Hogan, Nitro debut Hogan or Uncensored 96 Hogan. Vote at WWE.com.
I saw that. I’d have to think either WM9 or Nitro will win, so I’ll hold off on any fix ups.

There’s already another rumored Ultimate Hogan coming before then too. I’d have to think that would be a 2000’s era version.
The Ghost
CROM!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:08 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:

Got an email that UE Rock was back up and sold out again when I clicked on the link. Guess my hubris got me on that one. Cancelled my PO to grab it later when money was running lean a few months back. Oh well. Hogan won't get cancelled though. Want them all!

Got E82 Alexa Bliss, E81 Street Profits, Elite Freddie Blassie ($15 on Amazon now) so far this week with UE Charlotte Flair, E81 Bianca Bellaire and E83 Sasha Banks arriving Friday.
I guess they chose those Hogans given there's only a few years difference between them so they just deco change and re-use the NWO mold?

None of them are my ideal Hogan, which would be late 80s, but I've got a second hand DM Hogan on the way, so that'll do me until they eventually upgrade him in UE.

UE Rock is perfection. Provided you don't get wonky face apps (which are a serious problem for Mattel here and there).

I'm excited for UE Stone Cold... really hanging out for that one.
Boy Wonder

Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:40 pm

Pics of E84 and a new legends wave are out.

If Roman has his full back tattoo then he’s a 100% but from me. Looks near perfect, minus that they can’t get peg colors right for hands if one’s taped and one isn’t.

I didn’t know they still had Vader’s rights. He looks great. I have the very first one they did, but the swappable hands and the detailed mask might be enough to get me to grab this one too.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:15 pm

The thing about the pegs is Mattel says the hands and pegs are all in the same tool, so they have to be cast in the same color of plastic. I know it would cost money but it seems like for at least Reigns they could make a new tool that has two right hands and a separate tool with two left hands. Well, you know, if they didn't just paint the pegs to match (which they only do sometimes).
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:58 am

I voted for Nitro debut HH. I definitely want his Undisputed run and a new late 80s also. The thing is I just wish Mattel could get his skin color right. I want it that right shade of hotdog!

Can't believe I excited for a Roman Reigns! I just fixed up my current Top Picks Elite with the Top Picks Basic with full beard for a more current look too. Definitely glad this one is coming.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:20 am

Nitro Debut Hogan is the least terrible option in the poll. Whichever option wins, I hope Mattel uses the Rock or Austin torso on him since he was a considerably leaner in the timeframe each option represents. I'd wouldn't say no to an Ultimate of 88-91 Hogan, especially if he came with a Hulk Rules shirt. Basically, just recreate his first Hasbro with an alternate bandana head and I'm happy.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:46 am

The exact look for Hogan I'd love to see. I hated the Hasbro line when it came out but did have that Hogan as well as the first Ultimate Warrior (I know it was a promo only look but I'd love an Elite of that too. I do have the Basic).
The Ghost
CROM!

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:09 am

Finally managed to order the SDCC Mr. T for a non-horrible price at Popcultcha here in Australia. Made even better by having heaps of rewards points with them due to buying Snake Mountain, so slammed down a $50 off credit on that sunnava 8)
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:27 am

Wish the gear on the Flair in the Flair/Giant 2 pack was saved for an Elite. The green/yellow is the iconic Nitro-era Flair look to me.
SmellySmell
Here comes a new challenger!

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:16 pm

I just ordered the Ultimate Edition Fiend on Amazon
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:22 am

Diddy310 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:27 am
Wish the gear on the Flair in the Flair/Giant 2 pack was saved for an Elite. The green/yellow is the iconic Nitro-era Flair look to me.
They always do iconic gear on the basic BS it seems. It's super annoying.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:53 pm

I swear the Royal Rumble set is harder to find than Cobra Island. Last year I saw Lashley, Rock, and Lita one time. I haven't seen any this year and app notifications aren't helping. I picked up immediately on the last three notifications, but couldn't add anything to the cart.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”