Digimon Figures

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
withfirewithin
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Digimon Figures

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:26 am

Group shots. Obviously the figures aren’t to scale, but they look pretty nice together.

Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:28 am

These look so, so good. My daughter is gonna flip.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

gettogaara
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:10 pm

That line's too small to go with anything I collect, but it's crazy how they managed to get the main 8 plus Omnimon up for pre-order so fast. I know there's more work involved with larger figures, but it's been more than four years since Angemon & Angewomon released, yet the G.E.M line still hasn't even previewed evolved forms of the remaining three. At this point it seems like they've just given up on the idea.
withfirewithin
Avengers Assemble

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:15 am

Just gonna drop this here:

Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:51 am

Should add that that's a Figure-Rise model kit, and 6000yen. Big guy's pretty pricey (though 250mm in length, I wonder what that translates for his other dimensions), but he's real nice looking, and it's cool that they're moving away from the obvious choices.

Here's what I'm getting with a Google Translation of the description
Figure-rise Standard Amplified Mugendramon

From "Digimon Adventure", the Digital World Machine Digimon "Mugendramon" is now available in the Figure-rise Standard Amplified series!
■ Largest kit in the series! The overwhelming power in the play is reproduced with a large plastic model with a total length of 250 mm.
■ By pulling out each part of the body, the range of movement can be expanded and various poses can be expressed.
■ The neck and tail adopt a bellows structure through lead wires, and are reproduced with a rich expression.
■ Equipped with a chest opening and closing gimmick with the image of "Giga Destroyer".

【accessories】
■ Lead wire x 2
■ Foil seal x 1
[Image
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Wonder how tall this guy is...I'm very tempted, since I love the Dark Masters...
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:35 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:16 pm
Wonder how tall this guy is...I'm very tempted, since I love the Dark Masters...
According to HLJ's description
Mugendramon from "Digimon" joins Bandai's Figure-rise Standard Amplified model-kit lineup! He's the largest kit in the series so far, at a total height of 25cm once assembled! He's fully posable after assembly; the neck and tail adopt a bellows structure using lead wires. He also has an opening and closing gimmick in his chest, with the image of the Giga Destroyer. Foil seals are also included. Order him today!
He's actually 25cm tall. Though, I wonder if that's with his legs fully extended, neck up, all that stuff. Hard to have a proper height when you're dealing with a 'creature' like this.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099

Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:39 pm

Huh...That's a pretty good length and size when putting things all together. I'd mainly want him to put up with my Figuarts Wargreymon. I think that size could work well.

Dang, I think I'll risk my dislike of model-building for it.

EDIT: And I did! Preordered the kit on Amiami.
gettogaara
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:48 am

Wow, I'm not a big model fan, but that Machinedramon may just be my first Digimon purchase in three years now. I'll wait to see how he looks in hand first. Since they seem to be branching out from the more mainstream Digimon, MetalSeadramon would be a cool companion piece and would go well with this line, I think.
withfirewithin
Avengers Assemble

Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:56 am

Just pre-ordered Machinedramon. One of my favorite designs at 10 inches it’s worth the $60, even though it’s a model kit.

Figuarts seems to be teasing a new Alphamon release probably meant to go with the Omegamon repaint.

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099

Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:44 am

It's surprising that they're still willing to do Digimon releases outside of Figurise. I really do hope they continue, I'd love a rerelease of Metalgarurumon in anime colors.
gettogaara
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:01 am

Looks like Alphamon Ouryuken mode, which is cool, but I'm satisfied with the original Alphamon. If they're doing redos, really hope they get around to Blackwargreymon. He was the second figure in this line and one of the only ones to never get a redo or rerelease in all this time. I was thinking of picking up the Figurerise, until I saw how massive the Wargreymon kit was next to the D-arts. More than anything, though, I want them to continue the line with new Digimon, as they've just been doing repaints and alternate versions of the same ones since 2015.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099

Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:02 am

A Blackwargreymon done on the Our War Game mold would be an instant buy for me.
withfirewithin
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:37 am

gettogaara wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:01 am
Looks like Alphamon Ouryuken mode, which is cool, but I'm satisfied with the original Alphamon. If they're doing redos, really hope they get around to Blackwargreymon. He was the second figure in this line and one of the only ones to never get a redo or rerelease in all this time. I was thinking of picking up the Figurerise, until I saw how massive the Wargreymon kit was next to the D-arts. More than anything, though, I want them to continue the line with new Digimon, as they've just been doing repaints and alternate versions of the same ones since 2015.
Any figuarts-scales blackwargreymon would be a godsend. The D arts one was a pbandai exclusive and is crazy expensive.

Machinedramon is an abt choice as the boss of the original game and(potential spoiler for Digimon 2020)
Spoiler! :
was teased in next weeks new episode and for half a frame in previous evolution montage ;)
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:10 pm

The shodo figures are hitting stateside. Or have hit...but my store just got their shipment. I grabbed WarGreymon. He's good for the price point. Not sure if he'll be enough to keep me from the Figuarts version but I do like the idea of building the team out.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”