Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Jedigreedo
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:04 am

Definitely need a Mayor Lenny, it's about time that David Margulies got an action figure.
lovable-bill
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:12 am

os189 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:10 am
Still don't understand the desire for more Plasma series.
Well they will definitely do GB2, and I want proper figures of the Scoleri Brothers. I think the real money for Hasbro will be doing Real Ghostbusters. That is seemingly the one constant from any discussion about the 6 inch line.
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:24 am

os189 wrote:Still don't understand the desire for more Plasma series.

Janine is a secretary. She doesn't even have the supernatural elements that Dana and Gozer have. Who in the world is gonna buy a secretary action figure from a movie from 1984, if the main heroes of the movie are supposedly warming the pegs?

Stay Puft I don't see happening cause a 6 inch version would be virtually the same as the old Kenner version, which was just re-released.

As I've said many times, the only really glaring omission from the first movie is Slimer.

If you've got the four Ghostbusters, Gozer and the terror dogs, and Dana and Louis....what else could you want? Walter Peck again?
Janine and Slimer *alone* make a second wave absolutely necessary. Throw in the lack of ghosts in a Ghostbusters toyline and, well.

But yeah. I'd buy the hell out of Janine. A secretary. [email protected]#$, someone give me an entire line of Secretary action figures. They're the only ones who get anything done anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:42 am

The Plasma Series really depended on the success of GB Afterlife...TBH

With that film potentially not releasing for a long time, I have my doubts GB Plasma will be able to stand on it's own legs and have future waves release. We'll definitely get lower-produced direct to fan exclusives....... but not mass market figure waves again. Until the film comes out and warrants it.

If GB afterlife does succeed (someday), there will probably be loads of figures from that film for the Plasma line (from Paul Rudd, to the kids, to the elderly versions of the Ghostbusters).
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:08 pm

I know we all love Janine, but let's not forget what the whole purpose of action figures have been for the last 40 years: they're for kids to play with.

If this were a collector only line like Mattel's and DST's, then yeah, I could see Janine and Walter Peck.

But remember, the only reason Janine and Louis had figures in the original line in the 80s was cause they were in Ghostbusters outfits and meant to be "action" figures.

I think Hasbro took a big gamble on getting the license at all, cause if there's nothing "action figure" worthy in Afterlife, the whole thing will tank. They're assuming kids will like the movie and relate to the kid Ghostbuster characters and want to re-enact the adventures. Do kids really want a Paul Rudd in jeans and t-shirt with "Dad" action features?

I'm gonna go out on a huge limb here and assume GB 2016 figures weren't exactly a runaway success.

Hasbro could always prove me wrong and make a Janine with authentic 1980s glasses and magazine reading action, but I don't know.

I'm just thrilled to finally have the four main Ghostbusters and they look fantastic in my opinion. Especially Egon...what an awesome likeness.
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:41 pm

I remember seeing the 2016 figures on clearance at BBTS for like 2-3 bucks each, lol.

Still, would have been nice to at least get a few more characters in. Was really hoping for the Real Ghostbusters at some point, but it's not looking likely now. I mean, I have the Diamond Select ones, but I never opened. Pretty sure they have limited artic and according to other folks, the accessories are really fragile, plus the line didn't go beyond the 4 GBs, Stay Puft, and Slimer. Need Sam Hain, Boogeyman, Janine (early seasons and maybe GB suit version, no later season version needed).
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:12 am

Yeah, we definitely need more. They could do another wave, easily, with Janine, Slimer, GB2 Ray and Winston (with slime packs), Vigo, and either Janosh or a normal Dana with baby Oscar. Have the Scoleri bros as BAF.

And have a deluxe pack of Ray, Peter and Egon in their courtroom suits.

Oh, and we need a Louis in his GB2 jumpsuit with earmuffs!

If anything else, these would serve as normal clothed people in many collector's displays.

And they could delve so deep into RGB... variants, ghosts, etc.

But for now? I can see them showing off something else for the year. Maybe one of the ones I said. Maybe they won't show anything new at all until the new film has a set date and is close to being released.

But I love these figures. They are the best GBs I have, they're very well sculpted, have great likenesses, great articulation and good accessories. I truly hope we see more, and if we don't, well, at least we got some great figures out of this.

And I finally got Egon! I found him today at another store. He's great! Weirdly enough, his proton pack fit Ray, but Ray's didn't fit Egon. So I'm just gonna leave them as is.

I finally have the team together! They look so amazing. They beat Mattel's figures out by a long shot. Fortunately, Dana and Gozer are easy enough to find here, so I'll get them later.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:45 am

They are an improvement from Mattels. Though the Mattel figures had their charm, and sold here for a much lower pricepoint.

They make a fun display, perhaps more reminiscent of the video game versions.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:36 pm

The only other GB figures I have besides these are the four main Diamond Select guys, and all the Minimates.

Aside from not liking Hasbro's dog (using the DS ones in my display), and their height compared to other lines, I prefer these over DS or Mattel (plus those aren't options for me anymore lol), so I absolutely want every character possible, and certain costume variants (I'd like a regular Dana, just for the option), as well as RGB & ATC.

And as a kid, I would've been bummed if I didn't have "the secretary" or "the bureaucrat."

My imagination wasn't & isn't limited to just "action scenes."

Hell, the ghosts alone could give us a ton of waves. Who wants just the Busters if they have nothing to bust? (Yes, we have Gozer & Vinz [I mean, I don't, as I got rid of him], but I like my villains to outnumber my heroes, so my heroes actually have a challenge ahead of them.)
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:06 am

Considering al of the other lines Hasbro is running, dropping everything from the first movie seems like such a poor idea. Combined with the uncertainty of Afterlife in general, plus the pandemic, this line feels DOA for getting additional movie ghosts, GBII versions or RGB versions. Such a shame.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:16 pm

DAMN!!! saw an instagram post of someone finding the plasma figures at walmart clearance to a low $5 bucks!
going to check my walmart later this week to finally get these guys.
ECTO1T
I wish I had super powers

Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:05 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
DAMN!!! saw an instagram post of someone finding the plasma figures at walmart clearance to a low $5 bucks!
I would imagine this would be pretty common right now. The stores are clearing the stock since there is no additional product support, but they'll be back in force when the Afterlife products launches. My Wal-Mart had them for 10.00, but they were a badly damaged Ray and Peter.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:45 pm

I'd buy the two chicks just to complete the terror dog if they were only 5 bucks a pop, but alas....I live in Japan. I'll never see them.
Samurai8472
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:20 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Can you share the link or picture? It helps with clueless walmart employees

I found it

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:05 am

Well...Afterlife just got delayed again, from March to July.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”