Captain America: New World Order - MCU Movie

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Captain America: New World Order - MCU Movie

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:32 pm

SDcomics wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:45 pm
Bashbash99 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:12 pm
wonder if they'll bring back the other guy as the new falcon.
According to the Uncanny Feige, Danny Ramirez will return as Joaquin Torres and he will indeed suit up as the new Falcon.
Huh, had no idea there's a Falcon II. I dig this outfit a lot except for the v-neck collar. That's tactically stupid.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:50 pm

Deadline confirmed Ford as Ross in this.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:19 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that casting. I guess it depends on what they are going to do with his character.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:27 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:19 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that casting. I guess it depends on what they are going to do with his character.
I had the same reaction. I've never been a fan of the character, comics or movies, and have no problem with him just not showing up again. It was cool to have him with a few little bits in Civil War and Infinity War, and I kinda try to forget he was in Black Widow just because it was so jarring when he is riding up to capture her at the end... then... nothing happens.

But, as much as I have no interest in any more Hulks after Jen, I can't imagine why you'd continue this character unless you're doing Red Hulk. And I know there are rumors about World War Hulk happening, or World War Hulks maybe, I dunno. I'm sure what ever it is will use the comics only as inspiration, but having a bunch of Hulks would make sense for that I guess. if so, to me, that's a bit of a shame if Marvel finally gets the distribution rights back for Hulk and his first solo movie after that is... not a solo movie at all.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:39 pm

Should have brought back Sam Elliot
SDcomics
Smilies are my weapon of choice

Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:10 pm

sepster wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:39 pm
Should have brought back Sam Elliot
It's so funny you say this. I just re-watched Ang Lee's Hulk movie last night. It's been a few years since I've seen it and it has unfortunately not aged well. It was different for sure but sadly not a good movie.

But I will say this: The casting was oustanding. And I'm real sorry that Sam Elliot and Nick Nolte never shared a scene together. That was a missed opportunity. It would have been amazing to see two great veteran actors play off each other. There was a scene where they looked at each other across a tarmac but that's as close as they got.

That movie could have been so much better than what it was. What a pity.

Well, it looks like we have World War Hulk to look forward to.
SDcomics

Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:15 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Jeff Bridges, William Hurt, Mickey Rourke, Anthony Hopkins, Tommy Lee Jones, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Kingsley, Christopher Eccleston, Robert Redford, Glenn Close, Michael Douglas, Tilda Swinton, Kurt Russell, Michael Keaton, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Angela Bassett, Peter Dinklage, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Michelle Pfeiffer, Josh Brolin, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Richard E. Grant, Tony Chiu-Wai Leung, Michelle Yeoh, Salma Hayek, Angelina Jolie, J.K. Simmons, Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx, Tom Hardy, Ethan Hawke, F. Murray Abraham, Patrick Stewart, Russell Crowe, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Tim Roth, Martin Freeman.

And now Harrison Ford.

Quite impressive.

Some will say it's stunt casting. I say it's getting butts in seats. Ain't nothin' wrong with that. Marvel's in the business of selling movie tickets, and they've done that better than any other start up studio in the history of the film industry.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:21 pm

I don't think they even need to stunt cast any more.

Popoman
CROM?

Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:28 pm

I don't think Harrison Ford is the right choice, but hopefully I am wrong about that.

Wish we could just have J.K. Simmons play this role but he's already in the MCU :lol:
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:32 pm

Yeah I could see Simmons being amazing at Ross.

Eh, I dunno. We already have Gemma Chan in the MCU twice, why not?
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:59 pm

SDcomics wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:15 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
Jeff Bridges, William Hurt, Mickey Rourke, Anthony Hopkins, Tommy Lee Jones, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Kingsley, Christopher Eccleston, Robert Redford, Glenn Close, Michael Douglas, Tilda Swinton, Kurt Russell, Michael Keaton, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Angela Bassett, Peter Dinklage, Laurence Fishburne, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Michelle Pfeiffer, Josh Brolin, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Richard E. Grant, Tony Chiu-Wai Leung, Michelle Yeoh, Salma Hayek, Angelina Jolie, J.K. Simmons, Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx, Tom Hardy, Ethan Hawke, F. Murray Abraham, Patrick Stewart, Russell Crowe, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Tim Roth, Martin Freeman.

And now Harrison Ford.

Quite impressive.

Some will say it's stunt casting. I say it's getting butts in seats.
If you're ever wondering which Hollywood actors have NOT been in a superhero movie, the answer is zero.

You would think T'Challa would have a bigger roll in the overall course of the MCU than Gen. Ross, and yet they chose to recast the character that is arguably the lesser of the two in terms of importance. It's all good, I have no problems with recasting and Ford will do great in the roll. I just miss T'Challa.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:02 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:32 pm
Yeah I could see Simmons being amazing at Ross.
Ross can be played by any capable actor "of a certain age" with a commanding presence and a thick enough mustache.

But only JK Simmons can embody JJJ the way he did :)
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:03 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
You would think T'Challa would have a bigger roll in the overall course of the MCU than Gen. Ross, and yet they chose to recast the character that is arguably the lesser of the two in terms of importance. It's all good, I have no problems with recasting and Ford will do great in the roll. I just miss T'Challa.
I get where you're coming from, but it's far easier to recast lesser roles. One of the executives just did an interview last week about the decision to not recast T'Challa, and I'm sure they'll do more as press for Wakanda Forever ramps up. But essentially, it was partly grief but also they just couldn't imagine even the next greatest actor in the world taking on that role and not only being accepted but also not being crushed under that responsibility. They saw Wakanda as the legacy that needed to continue on and inspire.
SDcomics

Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:27 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
If you're ever wondering which Hollywood actors have NOT been in a superhero movie, the answer is zero.
Leonardo di Caprio
Kate Beckinsale
Al Pacino
Clint Eastwood
Jason Statham
Sean Penn
Matthew McConaughey
Mel Gibson
Tom Cruise
Emily Blunt
Simon Pegg
Kate Winslet

I was going to say Christopher Walken but then I remembered Batman Returns. :wink:

My point is Marvel has a done a great job attracting A list talent. They signed Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges on their first movie and Feige has always said that helped put them on the map.
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:35 am

Simon Pegg is in the Boys. Does that count?

Return to “The Multiplex”