Snake Eyes

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Snake Eyes

Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:46 pm

Review embargoes ended today.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:41 pm

Sounds rough.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Snake Eyes

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:28 am

Cool action doesn’t make a good movie.

Rats! I was really hoping it would be good to help build momentum for toy line.

It’s as good as first Joe film. Feels like Wolverine origins. A checklist to work down.

Some interesting things. Henry Golding tries hard to make Snake Eyes cool. It just looks like a bunch of action figures clashing.

Bummer.

Besides the disappointment I had fun enjoying a movie with my boys. They liked it fine.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:37 am

I do not understand the new trend in action films of hiring people that are extremely capable of excellent choreography, filming them with a camera strapped to the back of an excited puppy, and then putting seven hundred and thirty two cuts into the one 7 minute action sequence your puppy filmed.
Can we PLEASE stop doing that? Just... please?
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:54 am

Agree.

The action figures of Baroness and Scarlett have more intrigue than the movie characters.

I’m just bummed.

Thwipp!

Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:54 am

I was actually good with them totally redoing GI Joe, even if it wasn’t true to what many of us grew up with. I just wanted it to be a good, fun movie. And it looks like a pretty solid meh across the board. That’s too bad, because Joe needs good content to get me a ton more Classified figures!

Yes, this post is totally all about me.

Have fun, all!
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:17 am

This movie wasn't good. But really, I'm not surprised at all. Hell, I liked "Retaliation" more than this...

Also, too many annoying [email protected]#$ cuts.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:40 am

So... Did he get his face mangled in the end at least?
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Snake Eyes

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:01 pm

Spoiler! :
No.
To quote Yelena from a better movie.

“What a bunch of posers.”

Thwipp!

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Spoiler! :
So from what I gather you’re saying, he’s not yet disfigured or mute by the end?

Well I guess there’s a chance for it to happen in the second movie, but I highly doubt it. This movie is not for me so pass. I may go see it once it hits 10 bucks on the dvd sale.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:39 pm

I’m sorry. That’s spoilers and I should have put in hidden message.

Thwipp!

Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:56 pm

If you're a stickler for canon and adapting comics then this isn't your movie. This movie has one dude taking on 30 guys,
► Show Spoiler
and it doesn't take itself seriously. I kind of loved it. The performances are all good. Golding is good as Snake Eyes, but Andrew Koji as Stormshadow stole the movie.

The only thing holding this movie back was the editing of the fight scenes. If they had a more John Wick approach where they shot everything further back and didn't do so much shaky cam, it would have been soooo much better.

I still had fun with this. I'm also a filthy casual Joe fan. I don't care if Snake Eyes is disfigured or not. It was a goofy fun movie, but also had a little edge. I kind of hope they continue with this new take. All the Joe teases have me intrigued.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Speaking for myself only, there’s no need to apologize. I don’t mind the spoiler, as that was the one piece I was hoping would be different and make me go see the movie. You just saved me time and money. This direction their taking doesn’t sit right with me so I will not support it. To me it’s Snake Eyes in name only and that’s it. At least the Classifieds toys are still awesome.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:25 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:01 pm
Spoiler! :
No.
Hmm. Well I mean I guess that closes the book on any interest I would have in this movie. With how little time I allocate towards media, it would not be a wise investment to sit down for this one based on the various reviews I've read.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:24 pm

To me this film is fixed by saving Scarlett and Baroness for later. Other Joe-verse characters can work. (Hawk, Colton, etc) Make Snake Eyes and Stormshadow late teens/early 20s. Then they are very skilled but far from seasoned. That would come in time. Snake Eyes built on the street. Stormshadow beneficiary of his clan’s teachings but both raw. The actors are too old for their motivations to be believable. Maybe they were meant to portray younger ages. It doesn’t feel like it.

Also it doesn’t have to be set in present. I guess they fearing it not being relevant if modern things aren’t shown. This is basically a feud in a clan that teases a bigger universe. Don’t worry so much about the teases and get the character on a more solid fitting. The story does have some interest even with the mystical elements.

Thwipp!

Return to “The Multiplex”