Powerpuff Girls live action CW show

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Andron X
I come from the land up over
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Powerpuff Girls live action CW show

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:33 am

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/494345 ... puff-girls

Chloe Bennet is Blossum
Dove Cameron is Bubbles
Yana Perrault is Buttercup

I'll try not do judge it before I see it. . . but this just seems bad. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

I enjoyed the Powerpuff girls cartoon back in the day, and I love seeing old cartoons made live action, but this just seems like a mistake from the get-go. Powerpuff is SUCH a Genndy Tartakovsky cartoon. The weird eyes, nubby hands, and off kilter cartoon humor, none of it really translates to live action. Hell, the original thing is that it was 3 cutsie little girls violently beating the crap out of goofy monsters, and these are all fully grown non-deformed woman with 10 fingers.

Doesn't help that it's on the CW with Greg Berlanti.
I have no idea where they are going with this, but I'm picturing- 3 ex-superhero women are tired of the fame and heroics and want to live a normal life, but adulting is hard, and villains drive them to keep fighting monsters with some half decent fight scenes.

Maybe a fun show, but I can't see it resemble the powerpuff much more beyond the brand name as its SUCH a cartoon.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Re: Powerpuff Girls live action CW show

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:42 pm

I like the actors! Fun charismatic women.

Is this them as adults? Odd.

I really only care about one thing. Mojo Jo Jo. How do they do that? Better than Grodd I hope. He’s a corny version of DOOM.

Is it going to be an animated mixed with live action? I guess that works...

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:53 am

The idea of them translating any of the Powerpuff villains is intriguing I'll admit.
Fuzzy Lumpkins in live action? Or HIM?!
And when they do Mojojojo (they have to) will he still be wearing that disco outfit with the platform boots?
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 pm

Berlanti's involvement is the sole factor that makes this interesting, otherwise it'd likely be a shitshow of garbage. He might be getting to the 'spreads himself too thin for quality work' point, tho.

Return to “The Multiplex”