Black Superman

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Black Superman

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:28 pm

I don't see the bad in it. Roth failed to make the impact the studio was hoping for, Cavill failed to make the impact the studio was hoping for, and both seemed like logical casting choices for Superman. So why not go with one of the other canonical identities of Superman and give it a shot? That said, I think that it's a rumor without a high chance of fruition.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:04 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:44 am
Truth is, I started this thread for potential figures from Todd since the movie is at least two years out. Probably longer.
So you basically started ANOTHER wishlist thread about toys for a movie that we have literally NO concrete info on, as far as who the characters will be, or what the story might be?

Can't you keep it in your "rumor control" thread?
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:50 am

I don’t see it as a wishlist or a rumor. Just speculation based on some Hollywood news. If it is an ethnically diverse Superman movie coming up, DC Comics has several of them. Of which Todd could make a few. Comic based that is. I don’t give two $#!+s about a movie three years out.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:13 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:50 am
I don’t see it as a wishlist or a rumor. Just speculation based on some Hollywood news. If it is an ethnically diverse Superman movie coming up, DC Comics has several of them.
On that note, why use some obscure variant of Superman, when they could use Icon of the Milestone imprint? An already established character with developed history. Seems a smarter way to go, and I’m sure the Milestone creators would love to see Icon, and Rocket, on the big screen.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:51 am

That’s been speculated. I just wonder how many more lawyers it’ll take to get it done.

DC just publishes Milestone. They don’t own it. The media rights are probably separate.

Return to “The Multiplex”