Superman and Lois

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Superman and Lois

Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:14 am

I'm loving it after the first 2 episodes. This just feels so much different than a standard CW show. It actually looks and feels like a movie, which is a nice surprise. I've adored Tyler Hoechlin since he first showed up in Supergirl all those years ago so I'm glad he finally got his time to shine. He's the best live action Superman for me, even better than Chris Reeves.

And as much as I'd like Kara to come and say hi (since Supergirl is the only CW show I've actually watched and enjoyed for the most part), I really hope Superman and Lois is kept as a standalone thing. It already barely makes sense with how Arrowverse is supposed to look right now, what with the no multiverse and Superman getting a one extra version of Jon after the last Crisis event.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:42 pm

I don't need the arrowverse to appear on this show at all, no offense to supergirl as a show, or the rest of the shows, i like this being self contained and frankly i don't care for those shows baggage and influence maybe detracting from this show's quality which most agree is above the standard of arrowverse.

That said, i would like to see them finally stop beating around the bush and let batman exist and appear fully on a tv show. He could visit clark or vice versa for some work reason, hell have damien included and have them share some insights about fatherhood and raising preteen/teenage boys.

I know it won't happen but i would love to see it.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:27 pm

Magnuz wrote:
I don't need the arrowverse to appear on this show at all, no offense to supergirl as a show, or the rest of the shows, i like this being self contained and frankly i don't care for those shows baggage and influence maybe detracting from this show's quality which most agree is above the standard of arrowverse.
It just dawned on me that in the Injustice 2 scene they've used RAIDEN to fight Superman - one of a handful non DC guest characters in a game full of Arrowverse heroes. Yeah, they want to stay as far from the estarblished CW heroes and villains as possible.
Magnuz wrote:
That said, i would like to see them finally stop beating around the bush and let batman exist and appear fully on a tv show. He could visit clark or vice versa for some work reason, hell have damien included and have them share some insights about fatherhood and raising preteen/teenage boys.

I know it won't happen but i would love to see it.
Who knows, maybe that'll finally happen in season 2 or 3.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:55 pm

As a longtime Batman fan I'm hoping this will show prove that you can make a weekly Batman show. I feel like in the past they didn't want to "waste" the big characters on the small screen and rather save them for a movie. I get that reasoning and it's turned out some great movies (and some not so great).

As much as I'm always looking forward to seeing superheroes come to life in movies....at the end of the day they really work better as a TV show. Comics follow the format of TV shows. Monthly or twice a month issues with long running plot threads that pay off down the road is exactly like a full season of tv episodes.

I think the difference is now that they have embraced the multiverse aspect they aren't afraid of having two versions of Superman existing side by side. I know Cavill's future as Superman is up in the air right now and Hoechlin is somewhat operating by himself as the only active Superman. But the Snydercut comes out in two days with new Superman content as this show with it's Superman is currently airing.

I think studios are finally seeing it's okay. The fact that the Snyder-verse flash cameoed in the CW Flash show a while back further cements the idea that studios aren't so worried about coexisting.

Even with The Batman coming out next year, I still think there's room for a tv version of Batman. The key is...make it different. Have something different to say.

Return to “The Multiplex”